Home

UFC 4 CAF options

This is a discussion on UFC 4 CAF options within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2019, 03:21 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 4 CAF options

Was just about to post about the reach. How can you create your desired fighter if you can't choose what reach they have? I suppose that's a measure against OP fighters in Ultimate Team or whatever but you absolutely need to have that option.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:26 PM   #10
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Just having the fighter assets added to the caf editor would open things up tremendously. Doo Ho Chois hair is selectable already as an example. Being able to pick from the fighters hair and beard assets would dramatically increase your options in the caf editor.

Lets say you want a fighter with just basic stubble like Shogun has for example. Literally not possible. Like what????

There's no normal mustaches, no normal stubble, no normal beards, only a few normal haircuts..... the selection not only is bare bones, but half or more of the options are just comical and totally unrealistic/ unusable.

I make tons of fighters and im really not trying to be hyperbolic with this post. Really, so many of the options are just like "really? Who on earth would actually use this?" A lot of them look terrible.

I would LOVE to see something like UD3 did, or the WWE2k games do where facial hair is split between different modular bases. You have Stubble, Sideburns, Mustache, and Goatee, and can build your own facial hair style off those base catagories.
- For example; you could select clean stubble, a thin stache, a thick goatee, and no sideburns. Or you could select thick stubble, a full stache, no goatee, and short sideburns. This type of modular system to hair styles is a complete and total game changer.

You also can't make a skinny fighter at WW-HW. It's literally impossible. Wanna make someone like MVP. Literally impossible unless you want him to be a thicc boy.(as well as be inches too short)

Being able to edit body type with sliders like in UD3 would be great. You can make a skinny doughboy, or a fat guy with abs, or anything inbetween.

Being able to edit reach would be extremely cool as well.

Also let us choose their fight record. It's annoying making cafs of real fighters and seeing them as 0-0 no matter what.
Just wanna bump this post to the new page so it doesnt get immedialty lost.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 10-01-2019, 05:27 PM   #11
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Seconding some of what has been said before.

- More CAF space
- More countries (260 million people live in Indonesia)
- More names and nicknames (Come on, Buffer! you can do it!)
- Custom records (0-0-0 gots to go)
- Custom AI (walkouts and AI should not be linked. AI should be better labeled)
- More and shorter taunts (a nod, shaking your head, get up, that hurt, etc)
- An actual working gameface (I get it that they're afraid we'll make copyrighted characters and share them, but I have never once gotten gameface to work. Get rid of it or fix it.)
- Custom Reach (Leg reach, arm reach, height, weight these should all be easy to sculp. Like when you sculp a face in the game)
- larger database (More hair, and not over-the-top ones. I've actually used tattooes to simulate hair. The Tattoo mechanics in this game are amazing! adapt it to the rest. Give me a patch of hair and let me fill in a sideburn here or a mohawk there.)

Said this before, but also

- Custom cornermen
- Custom clothing (There are so many amazing UFC Reebok t-shirts out there. Ultimate Fighter, Fight Pass, Invicta, Pride, Just give me something!)
- Custom walkouts (instead of having 1 walkout per Fighter. Do as the WWE games have and let me pick a little bit from one, and a little bit from another)
- Control taunts during walkout (Just like FIFA after a goal. Let me press left and I'll raise my left hand to the crowd)

and of course
- CAA (Create An Arena)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 02:04 PM   #12
MVP

Great list ^^

If it hasn't been mentioned before, reach should include leg reach and arm reach separately.

Some dudes have long arms, some dudes have long legs, the two aren't always complementary.

Also torso lengths, would be awesome.

Or just give us all the body types of the entire UFC roster for CAF, and we can work with those.

Edit: yeah what MacGowan said about the custom reach, this is a must for dudes like MVP and Paul Daley.

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Old 10-02-2019, 02:46 PM   #13
Pro

Improved Gameface integration, working on more operating systems, and less crashing. A real preview, imports look too different for accurate recreations. More post import customization options.
Fighter share.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #14
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I finally got gameface to work and honestly the fighters ive made without gameface actually look better.

It's extremely hard to get skin tone right with gameface for some reason. And their faces end up coming out looking very awkward. Like from a certain angle they look ok, but something is just off about the gameface faces. Even with further sculpting after importing into the game.

I've had better success just manually sculpting faces from scratch, as crazy as that sounds.

Old 10-24-2019, 05:53 PM   #15
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

This is seriously HUGE, and I'm surprised I never thought about bringing it up before...

Please let us "Save As" when making a fighter, or editing a fighter, instead of an automatic overwrite when saving.

For example If I make a fighter at WW, but also want him to be playable at LW, I'd have to spend an hour literally creating him from the ground up again as an entirely new creation.

Let us Edit the fighter, and "Save As" in a new slot, so we can essentially duplicate our creations with modifications to different versions.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2019, 06:19 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
This is seriously HUGE, and I'm surprised I never thought about bringing it up before...

Please let us "Save As" when making a fighter, or editing a fighter, instead of an automatic overwrite when saving.

For example If I make a fighter at WW, but also want him to be playable at LW, I'd have to spend an hour literally creating him from the ground up again as an entirely new creation.

Let us Edit the fighter, and "Save As" in a new slot, so we can essentially duplicate our creations with modifications to different versions.
I’ve had this exact issue where I wanted to use my CAF in career mode and had to create him again from scratch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »