Home

Legendary Fighters

This is a discussion on Legendary Fighters within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2020, 11:35 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Legendary Fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I love grappling, I want better grappling. But come on. Most people who play this game just stand and bang. The numbers don't lie
They do. I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm talking specifically about the dedicated stand and bang mode.

The post I replied to had said 'remember not everyone likes to fight on the ground'. My point was simply that if you hate everything to do with fighting on the ground, then you probably shouldn't buy an MMA game, since stand and bang is literally only a single, shallow mode. You're better off playing old fight night games or something else.

If you only care about stand and bang, then you're not really interested in an MMA game. What you're interested in is a kickboxing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2020, 12:26 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragreynolds
The post I replied to had said 'remember not everyone likes to fight on the ground'. My point was simply that if you hate everything to do with fighting on the ground, then you probably shouldn't buy an MMA game, since stand and bang is literally only a single, shallow mode. You're better off playing old fight night games or something else.

If you only care about stand and bang, then you're not really interested in an MMA game. What you're interested in is a kickboxing game.

The word hate I don't know where you got it from in my comments, I repeat it again I like the fighting disciplines on foot more than those that the fight takes place on the ground, but it does not mean that on occasions I do play MMA too, I play to this type of games for a long time, when I put what has not all like the fight on the floor I meant in these games of EA, since in the UD3 if I liked it, as well as the grip, which In EA games I not like

Even so, I insist everyone can play in a game in the ways they like best, in my case the fight is still standing, and I don't have to ask anyone's permission to buy the games that they think I should play for my tastes , as for playing boxing games in the previous generation, I also do it, together I also play UD3 which has no in standing game mode but when I like its mechanics on the ground as well as the grip I have no problem doing it.

I will continue to say that you have to respect the tastes and opinions of other people, although they are not equal to yours is a matter of respect.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:02 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiqueros
The word hate I don't know where you got it from in my comments, I repeat it again I like the fighting disciplines on foot more than those that the fight takes place on the ground, but it does not mean that on occasions I do play MMA too, I play to this type of games for a long time, when I put what has not all like the fight on the floor I meant in these games of EA, since in the UD3 if I liked it, as well as the grip, which In EA games I not like

Even so, I insist everyone can play in a game in the ways they like best, in my case the fight is still standing, and I don't have to ask anyone's permission to buy the games that they think I should play for my tastes , as for playing boxing games in the previous generation, I also do it, together I also play UD3 which has no in standing game mode but when I like its mechanics on the ground as well as the grip I have no problem doing it.

I will continue to say that you have to respect the tastes and opinions of other people, although they are not equal to yours is a matter of respect.
I think you're taking my comment a little too personally. I don't mind if people have different opinions from me. They're entitled to them. I'm simply just saying that if someone doesn't like grappling, then an MMA game probably isn't suited to them. They can still buy the game and play it if they want to, but I don't think that the game developer resources should be spent on an exclusive stand-up mode when they could be better spent on other aspects of the game that improve the overall MMA experience, since it is, after all, an MMA game, not a kickboxing game.

You're entitled to still buy the game and only play the stand-up mode of course, that's your choice. But I think it's silly to act as though some sort of stand-up mode is a necessity, when in the end, as I keep saying, this is an MMA game.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:06 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragreynolds
I think you're taking my comment a little too personally. I don't mind if people have different opinions from me. They're entitled to them. I'm simply just saying that if someone doesn't like grappling, then an MMA game probably isn't suited to them. They can still buy the game and play it if they want to, but I don't think that the game developer resources should be spent on an exclusive stand-up mode when they could be better spent on other aspects of the game that improve the overall MMA experience, since it is, after all, an MMA game, not a kickboxing game.

You're entitled to still buy the game and only play the stand-up mode of course, that's your choice. But I think it's silly to act as though some sort of stand-up mode is a necessity, when in the end, as I keep saying, this is an MMA game.
I do not think that a game mode such as standing mode costs EA sport too much economic resources when it is already in UFC3, another thing would be to add a boxing mode, Kickboxing, muay thai ... there I can understand that if I can cost more time and money that can be used in other sections of the game that have more to do with MMA
Old 03-04-2020, 04:40 AM   #45
Banned

Quote:
I love grappling, I want better grappling. But come on. Most people who play this game just stand and bang. The numbers don't lie
What numbers? Literally every user review or complaint about the game is about grappling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2020, 07:11 AM   #46
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
What numbers?
Old 03-04-2020, 11:57 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
I think part of this, is simply due to the submission system being so bad. It’s not fun at all to go for subs. I am a huge MMA fan and I will grapple. But I never sub because it simply sucks.

Also, I grapple less now than when I played Undisputed, not because I don’t like grappling, it’s just not fun going from striking to grappling, the GNP is not satisfying, etc..

I would absolutely sub more, grapple more, clinch etc, if the gameplay improved
Old 03-04-2020, 12:46 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
I think part of this, is simply due to the submission system being so bad. It’s not fun at all to go for subs. I am a huge MMA fan and I will grapple. But I never sub because it simply sucks.

Also, I grapple less now than when I played Undisputed, not because I don’t like grappling, it’s just not fun going from striking to grappling, the GNP is not satisfying, etc..

I would absolutely sub more, grapple more, clinch etc, if the gameplay improved
Totally agree, is what I wanted to say when I might explain badly by saying that I did not like the fight on the ground, I meant in the EA games, because in the Undisputed I liked it as well as the grip.

I like the fight on foot more, but I would have no problem if I would like to fight on the ground, but it is that in the games of EA UFC I do not finish convincing neither that, nor the grip, that is why I enjoy a lot more playing foot fight where there is neither ground nor grip.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »