Home

What's wrong with me?

This is a discussion on What's wrong with me? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2020, 10:26 PM   #25
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's wrong with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
I’m glad you can pressure people tbh. Nothing worse than some time waster who just backs up and thinks they are “counter striking” while being out-struck 40 strikes to 7.
"Pressure" does not mean "throw 140 strikes in 3 minutes".

Also, there are 3-5 rounds in the fight.

"Wasting time" is very very subjective when you have up to 25 minutes to work with.(15 minutes in a 5 round accelerated time fight).

There is no need to rush.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 03-02-2020 at 10:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2020, 10:42 PM   #26
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I'll also add, it's not just the stamina system that is unrealistic.

The way moving strikes work, is also a HUGE contributer to the dominance, and complete saturation of this play style.

The fact that moving strikes are so easy to do, and cover so much ground, so fast, makes pressuring very easy.

Throwing moving strikes IRL requires serious technique, balance, and skill.

Yes you see fighters blitz in with strikes, but most of the time, how striking works, is you feint and move to get inside, fire off your shots, and get back out.

You rarely see that concept come into play in actual gameplay though, despite the game actually having a very nuanced and deep major, and minor lunge system, with defined ranges. There is an entire hidden meta of footwork that goes almost entirely ignored, because moving strikes dominate the gameplay.

Last edited by Haz____; 03-02-2020 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:21 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
"Pressure" does not mean "throw 140 strikes in 3 minutes".

Also, there are 3-5 rounds in the fight.

"Wasting time" is very very subjective when you have up to 25 minutes to work with.(15 minutes in a 5 round accelerated time fight).

There is no need to rush.
100 Plus strikes a round is high but the fighters are also pretty durable unless you are hit at a vulnerable point like mid strike or while lunging/moving your head.

If stamina was scaled down then damage would have to be increased as well meaning people will just get finished quicker and then they would complain damage is too high.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:52 PM   #28
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
If stamina was scaled down then damage would have to be increased as well...
Yes, exactly.

Quote:
...meaning people will just get finished quicker and then they would complain damage is too high.
If you stood completely still and ate shots, then sure.

But no, if the games systems changed, then you would play differently.

You're not going to lower stamina, and buff damage, and then just go out there doing the exact same thing.

That systematic change fundamentally changes the game.

The changes required to encourage more realistic gameplay are more nuanced than that anyway. As with most things in life, its not that simple.

Old 03-03-2020, 12:12 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Yes, exactly.

If you stood completely still and ate shots, then sure.

But no, if the games systems changed, then you would play differently.

You're not going to lower stamina, and buff damage, and then just go out there doing the exact same thing.

That systematic change fundamentally changes the game.

The changes required to encourage more realistic gameplay are more nuanced than that anyway. As with most things in life, its not that simple.
If they are throwing 100 strikes a round and their stamina isn’t going down too much then that means they are at least hitting your block a lot of the time. If the damage is higher then they are going to get through your block easier as well as the ones actually getting through doing more.

If someone is throwing that many strikes then they don’t respect your offence enough. When playing ranked at division 5 then I almost never play like that unless I’m losing and have to go for it because my opponent is good enough to punish me for being reckless.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:35 AM   #30
Rookie

I don't know if it's more annoying the uber pressure or footsie + body jabs, maybe the latter...arghhh

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-03-2020, 05:25 PM   #31
Rookie

Haz you said it yourself, you aren’t having fun. I felt the same way. I would rage quit so hard I deleted the game. The last time I re downloaded it I played it for one day and I was done. Once I get to div 5/6, the clunky mechanics become intolerable. I think about 5 times faster than the game reacts and I feel like I spend most of the time canceling inputs because by the time anything happens im in danger.

Honestly I was having less and less fun as I got better. I had a win ratio of like 80%. Finished in the top 25 on several LECs. The game is broken in like 6 ways. When you abandon head movement mid fight because it just doesn’t work even to avoid jabs you know there’s a problem. I have a pro and a monitor doesn’t matter.

Just downloaded the ff7 remake demo. Lots of fun. I play gran turismo to relax.

Tons of great games out there. Maybe the next game will be much better but I won’t be preordering like 3. Learned my lesson. I miss wanting to play because I too love mma but when it ceases to be fun, do yourself a favour and delete the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2020, 05:50 PM   #32
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
If they are throwing 100 strikes a round and their stamina isn’t going down too much then that means they are at least hitting your block a lot of the time. If the damage is higher then they are going to get through your block easier as well as the ones actually getting through doing more.

If someone is throwing that many strikes then they don’t respect your offence enough. When playing ranked at division 5 then I almost never play like that unless I’m losing and have to go for it because my opponent is good enough to punish me for being reckless.
I want to point out that this issue is much worse in Ultimate Team where dudes have 100 Stamina/Endurance....

In terms of fun/realism:

LEC > Ranked > UT

Unfortunately, I really like playing UT, even with my 3-star CAF vs. 5-Star McGregors/etc......so I learned to deal with it to some degree. But it definitely gets annoying.

I just beat Red Dead Redemption 2 and am getting started on The Division 2. Also had some fun with Battlefield V and Modern Warfare (new Battle Royale coming out soon ???) ... and that's just a short list of games I've played or really want to play ....

So yea, take a few weeks (or forever) away from UFC 3, play some other stuff, and get your mind right for UFC 4, because although UFC 4 will have its own problems to deal with ... I got a feeling we're all in for a treat and it'll be fun as hell and worth waiting for

P.S. I decided not to come out of retirement for this weekend's LEC. I kind of regret it already :/ but it's probably the right decision haha
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »