Home

Was damage reduced?

This is a discussion on Was damage reduced? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-31-2020, 03:01 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Was damage reduced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Yeah but every fight can be like Edgar v Maynard. Getting hurt is fine, but it happens too much in UFC 3.

It should be more fighter uniqueness thing, fighters with high recovery should still be able to survive a lot of rocks but everyone else comebacks are rarer.
That depends on the skill of the fighters.

Go fight Kenetic and Romero in UFC 3 and tell me you can survive 3 rocks in one round.

There’s also the issue of lack of standing TKOs.

I just dont think the amount rocks was the problem. If smaller rocks were less noticeable and severe rocks more severe then we’d likely be in a good place.

Less rocks overall leads to more of a rock em sock em robot style of gameplay imo.’
Old 07-31-2020, 03:08 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
That depends on the skill of the fighters.

Go fight Kenetic and Romero in UFC 3 and tell me you can survive 3 rocks in one round.

There’s also the issue of lack of standing TKOs.

I just dont think the amount rocks was the problem. If smaller rocks were less noticeable and severe rocks more severe then we’d likely be in a good place.

Less rocks overall leads to more of a rock em sock em robot style of gameplay imo.’
Yeah but majority of the players aren’t Kenetic or Romero. They are the 1%.
Rocks should be rarer imo. If the average was 3 rocks per side a round before it should be 1 rock a round. Only fighters with high recovery should survive easier for more fighter uniqueness.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:15 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Yeah but majority of the players aren’t Kenetic or Romero. They are the 1%.
Rocks should be rarer imo. If the average was 3 rocks per side a round before it should be 1 rock a round. Only fighters with high recovery should survive easier for more fighter uniqueness.
You can’t control the fact that average players like to brawl. It doesnt make sense to lower rocks based on that.

That’d be like increasing stamina for everyone because average players gas themselves out early.

Mechanics should be tuned to the ceiling of player skill not the floor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2020, 06:49 PM   #12
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
That's surprising. You're okay with numerous rocks every fight?
So you’d rather there just be fewer rocks with the same amount of KOs? As if the game didn’t already feel too much like rock’em sock’em robots...
Old 08-01-2020, 05:04 AM   #13
Rookie

Definitely felt like damage was reduced in the beta. Stamina and damage could be doing with some tuning but not too much.

As for rocks in ufc 3, it’s really the vulnerability system that you should have the problem with. People can eat a 4 punch combo straight to the face and not be rocked as long as they are standing doing nothing. If you exchange punches then you’re almost guaranteed to be rocked or even dropped by that same combo.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t be more likely to be dropped in an exchange but it’s the fact you can eat a solid combo, head kick or even multiple head kicks as long as you stand idle.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:10 AM   #14
Pro

Id personally prefer more varieties of rock, ie sometimes when they get hurt fighters dont show it, having someone hurt doesnt have to mean concussed every time. Flash knockouts and more vulnerable states must also be a thing, i tested power based on characters not blocking and it took like 18 head kicks to ko someone
Old 08-01-2020, 12:45 PM   #15
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

I'd prefer a much higher damage output and more taxing stamina. This would condition players to throw less wrecklessly and in spurts.

It'd better emulate a fight and give you the constant fear and uncertainty that Undisputed 3 gave you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2020, 12:58 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
So you’d rather there just be fewer rocks with the same amount of KOs? As if the game didn’t already feel too much like rock’em sock’em robots...
I dont know what to tell you if you think rocks arent excessive.. I'm not saying remove rocks just reduce the amount of them to realistic levels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »