Home

Was damage reduced?

This is a discussion on Was damage reduced? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-02-2020, 10:36 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Was damage reduced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Then why not fight for standing TKOs so the fight gets called after a bunch of knockdowns instead of fighting for more arcadey stand up?
I do want standing TKOs. Rock fests are arcady gameplay, I just want more realistic fights not edgar v Maynard so often.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:44 AM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I do want standing TKOs. Rock fests are arcady gameplay, I just want more realistic fights not edgar v Maynard so often.
Less rocks = less realistic damage

If you want less Edgar vs Maynard then you’d have to get better(no offense).

I rarely had fights that were anything like Edgar vs Maynard. Either I’d finish my opponents early or it’d be a decent back n forth.

It’s really not that difficult to either block break OR work the body when someone gets rocked.

If you can mix both options up then you’d usually finish someone within 1-3 rocks.

There are guys like Romero around willing to give out tips to improve your skills. No need to push for the game mechanics to hold your hand.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:49 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Less rocks = less realistic damage

If you want less Edgar vs Maynard then you’d have to get better(no offense).

I rarely had fights that were anything like Edgar vs Maynard. Either I’d finish my opponents early or it’d be a decent back n forth.

It’s really not that difficult to either block break OR work the body when someone gets rocked.

If you can mix both options up then you’d usually finish someone within 1-3 rocks.

There are guys like Romero around willing to give out tips to improve your skills. No need to push for the game mechanics to hold your hand.
Its annoying. I'm mostly a grappler now. The easy rocks skew it towards strikers even more. TDs dont score that much and I have lost rounds where i outgrapple but they land more body kicks or let alone a rock. Tds and control should score more before damage increases.

Maybe the 10-8 grappling rounds will help.

Again I'm not against rocks like ufc 3 if they were more devastating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #36
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Its annoying. I'm mostly a grappler now. The easy rocks skew it towards strikers even more. TDs dont score that much and I have lost rounds where i outgrapple but they land more body kicks or let alone a rock. Tds and control should score more before damage increases.

Too many rocks are a symptom. Sure you can treat a symptom in multiple ways. In this case you could adjust your play style, or “git gud” as some have suggested.

Or you could advocate for treating the actual underlying illness, which is that damage, vulnerability, recovery, and stamina need to be tuned and balanced differently. The benefit of this is that it would address a lot of other complaints people have, rather than just arbitrarily reducing rocks and making the game even less realistic and less fun for some people.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:04 AM   #37
Rookie

For me the solution is better ability to follow up on rocker fighters. Things like active knock downs that don’t allow follow up only prolong the nonsense.

We need more damaging strikes, faster/more fluid ability to follow a downed opponent to the ground, and much more stamina tax on activity.

This will slow the pace down from what is currently a super unrealistic 100+ strikes per round. More chess, less checkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-02-2020, 11:07 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
Too many rocks are a symptom. Sure you can treat a symptom in multiple ways. In this case you could adjust your play style, or “git gud” as some have suggested.

Or you could advocate for treating the actual underlying illness, which is that damage, vulnerability, recovery, and stamina need to be tuned and balanced differently. The benefit of this is that it would address a lot of other complaints people have, rather than just arbitrarily reducing rocks and making the game even less realistic and less fun for some people.
Like I said, if rocks were the same as UFC 3 but more devastating I would be okay with it.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:08 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:

“Easy rocks”???

They arent easy. They’re a product leaving yourself vulnerable.

A lot of the other stuff you mentioned is how it works IRL as well. If you get thoroughly outstruck on the feet simply controlling someone on the ground wont win you the round.

You have to go for subs and meaningful GnP to secure rounds
Old 08-02-2020, 12:18 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
“Easy rocks”???

They arent easy. They’re a product leaving yourself vulnerable.

A lot of the other stuff you mentioned is how it works IRL as well. If you get thoroughly outstruck on the feet simply controlling someone on the ground wont win you the round.

You have to go for subs and meaningful GnP to secure rounds
Control scores more in real life than in this game. Since it's a game damage is weighed highly. Subs are okay you can be shown on the highlight with 3 gate subs but GNP doesnt score much, hopefully that's changed for ufc 4.

Body kicks score too much they score more than TDs. It's way to easy to score with striking. Easy rocks makes it even easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »