Home

Now that you have seen 99% of the game, yay or nay?

This is a discussion on Now that you have seen 99% of the game, yay or nay? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you like what you have seen so far and will buy the game?
Yay 42 38.18%
Nay 68 61.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Now that you have seen 99% of the game, yay or nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Online sliders are 99% in going off what Skynet mentioned. “Red vs. Blue” makes no sense if it’s offline because you could already hook up another controller and use sliders with a buddy. I just hope we have the ability to share sliders like CAF share, but I doubt it. I’d love to create a “verified” slider set for a league where it’d show that the host is using the right sliders, so nobody could cheat.
That would be amazing. Maybe the secret ai feature is ai sliders or something. But yeah online sliders would be so useful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 03:22 PM   #82
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Online sliders are 99% in going off what Skynet mentioned. “Red vs. Blue” makes no sense if it’s offline because you could already hook up another controller and use sliders with a buddy. I just hope we have the ability to share sliders like CAF share, but I doubt it. I’d love to create a “verified” slider set for a league where it’d show that the host is using the right sliders, so nobody could cheat.
When did Skynet say "online sliders" were in? Thats news to me. Also, Red and Blue works for the people who watch the AI fight the AI (CPU vs. CPU fights)
Old 08-03-2020, 03:28 PM   #83
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Would you be willing to to explain this in more detail? It doesn’t make any sense to me what you’re saying. What about “Red vs Blue” makes you 99% sure that online sliders are in the game? Why would you want different sliders based on which corner you are in? USER vs CPU makes sense in reference to sliders but “Red Vs. Blue” really isn’t making much sense to me. You seem pretty confident though, and the idea of online sliders would be an incredible edition that could actually push me to purchase the game and overlook the other issues I have with the game, so is there something I’m just not understanding?
Old 08-03-2020, 03:34 PM   #84
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
When did Skynet say "online sliders" were in? Thats news to me. Also, Red and Blue works for the people who watch the AI fight the AI (CPU vs. CPU fights)
People who want to simulate fights with the CPU, but with different sliders for each corner? That’s about as niche a sector of the community as I could practically imagine. How could they possibly justify the work to add that into the game considering other things that have been left out that would effect a larger section of the player base?

It seems unlikely, to me, but if you think that’s possible then that’s pretty telling given your position.

Things just keep getting more interesting!!
Old 08-03-2020, 03:38 PM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
People who want to simulate fights with the CPU, but with different sliders for each corner? That’s about as niche a sector of the community as I could practically imagine. How could they possibly justify the work to add that into the game considering other things that have been left out that would effect a larger section of the player base?

It seems unlikely, to me, but if you think that’s possible then that’s pretty telling given your position.

Well all the sliders are already there and Skynet mentioned it was originally supposed to be Red vs Blue.

You’d be surprised at how many people run their own cards and watch the AI fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 03:44 PM   #86
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Because you can already do AI vs. AI with sliders and do human vs. human with sliders offline. Also, someone said “online spoilers?” and Skynet replied with “If you know, why are you asking?”

If that’s not a confirmation, I don’t know what is.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:45 PM   #87
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch

I'll just say it because I'm off the team at the end of the month. I have seen no mention of online sliders.

That slider change was purely for CPU v. CPU and it wasnt as much work as adding online sliders would be.

Maybe Skynet and the team added something that I'm not aware of but I've seen a recent build of the game and I dont see any online sliders in the game.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #88
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
I'll just say it because I'm off the team at the end of the month. I have seen no mention of online sliders.

That slider change was purely for CPU v. CPU and it wasnt as much work as adding online sliders would be.

Maybe Skynet and the team added something that I'm not aware of but I've seen a recent build of the game and I dont see any online sliders in the game.
Man... I don’t understand EA. So they put in the work to make sliders be individual to each corner offline but don’t put them in custom online sessions? I’d think that the latter would be much easier to do as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »