Home

Head accessories such as masks will not be in the actual fight in UFC 4.

This is a discussion on Head accessories such as masks will not be in the actual fight in UFC 4. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2020, 07:44 PM   #33
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Head accessories such as masks will not be in the actual fight in UFC 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
That just means they would focus their attention more on that aspect of the game. Look at most sport games, there aren't too many substantial gameplay improvements from each iteration. In fact, sometimes the quality decreases to support the revenue-streams more. If this increases sales it just means we will have more with that, and honestly, I don't care anymore.

This long post isn't an attack on you, i'm just ranting in general.

I've given up on caring whether this game is sim or not. I've been pretty adamant since UFC 1 that I want an authentic UFC experience in a video game format, I'm an MMA junkie. I've watched every card from pride to modern time. I've never paid a cent on UT and I won't buy a cosmetic here. But EA has the license, so if I ever want to see Kamaru in a cage I have one option. Every step we try to take in the right direction seems like a huge battle, and eventually we get a bunch of garbage like this with some good things added by those who cared and protested.

I find it kinda funny and sad when you have people (not you) who make these long *** threads with sections highlighted and bolded on interesting ideas that EA honestly doesn't care about. It feels like a wasted effort at this point and at best you can probably make threads about small tune ups.

MMA is exciting and fun, but the people who make the final call don't understand the sport. We have really good people who have had their voices shut down, and many of them quit because they become the scapegoats even though they're the ones trying to give us what we want.

So I'll play the lion headed (if free) obese featherweight with insane knockout power and do my fortnight dance everytime, because maybe the people who EA actually listens to will go "Wow, this doesn't look like what I see on TV at all". And I'll still have fun on the side because there are some cool things implemented by those who actually cared that followed the direction the community wanted (like GDP and some of the gamechanger suggestions). But I'm not going to fool myself anymore into thinking that after all these years there will be a sudden change in the way the decision makers think
I can’t argue with anything you said here, man. I’m at the point now like you where the fight is just not in me anymore to keep trying to advocate for the game to be different. I’ve accepted that 99% of players don’t want the game to be more realistic in the ways that I do, and after 2 years of making my case and being shut down I have kinda just given up. It’s not fair for me to advocate for something that so many people don’t want and would apparently ruin the game for them. I might just switch to the dark side and be this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 635EF955-A4A8-4C02-A99F-96AE0CE21202.jpg (122.3 KB, 102 views)
Old 08-04-2020, 07:46 PM   #34
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
I can’t argue with anything you said here, man. I’m at the point now like you where the fight is just not in me anymore to keep trying to advocate for the game to be different. I’ve accepted that 99% of players don’t want the game to be more realistic in the ways that I do, and after 2 years of making my case and being shut down I have kinda just given up. It’s not fair for me to advocate for something that so many people don’t want and would apparently ruin the game for them. I might just switch to the dark side and be this:
Count me in the list of GCs that vehemently opposed this Fortnite level nonsense in an MMA Game. I really thought this was just going to be reserved for Custom Fight Now or something.
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Old 08-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Count me in the list of GCs that vehemently opposed this Fortnite level nonsense in an MMA Game. I really thought this was just going to be reserved for Custom Fight Now or something.

Keep that out of my precious Custom Fight Now good sir!

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2020, 08:45 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Trust me, I know for a fact that you, martial, zombie and honestly the majority of the GCERs/Devs who post here had nothing to do with this. It’s tough cause I know from playing with y’all in the past that you’re all really into the sport (saw you almost have an anxiety attack watching Aldo fight). You’re also patient with learning controls so it’s not like you’re just ranting when something new comes out that has a learning curve. I think if gcers had a bigger say we could have a better authentic experience and I bet you could come up with a fun unintrusive model to get those additional streams of revenue.

Anyway, there has been some really positive changes that I’m not really bringing in here. I do like the adjustments to striking, career, and wrestling+clinch looks to have a lot of potential. The ranting is for what could have been of course. I’m sure I’ll still have fun and just accept that some of these negative things are beyond our control

Last edited by UFCBlackbelt; 08-04-2020 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:53 PM   #37
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Don't forget they did listen to the GC's on a very, very big decision that had been made and the GC's didn't agree with once they saw it.

And don't forget you're under NDA not to reveal it either.
It’s worse now if he doesn’t tell us what it is!!!! Because now we are all going to assume you guys really were trying to put battle royal mode into this game
Old 08-04-2020, 10:08 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Don't forget they did listen to the GC's on a very, very big decision that had been made and the GC's didn't agree with once they saw it.

And don't forget you're under NDA not to reveal it either.
Will we find out after game release?? I'm intrigued now lol
Old 08-04-2020, 11:20 PM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
Will we find out after game release?? I'm intrigued now lol
Yall dont want to know. LOL. Just be glad that the GCs were very vocal about this change.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:37 AM   #40
Rookie

Trust me I am really trying but at this point I can't think of something worse then a lion mask in an octagon.
Although I wouldnt be suprised if they were planning to remove ufc fighters from ranked and let us only play with caf in ranked. Or special visual effects on every punch you land which you cant toggle of

Last edited by Sirsunny; 08-05-2020 at 12:40 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »