Home

Embarrassment of a combat sports simulator

This is a discussion on Embarrassment of a combat sports simulator within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2020, 07:02 PM   #105
Rookie

DancyHercules3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Embarrassment of a combat sports simulator

You guys are really fighting in this thread named like this. And to think the devs would actually take a look at these complaints and take them seriously...like cmon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2020, 09:38 PM   #106
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
You literally just said one valid thing in that yes they could have left the archetype system for online and also allowed offline players the ability to do whatever. I do concede that point but everything else you said i utter hogwash because you had an early bias of the game and have not mastered it before complaining.

I am a counter puncher boxer as a long time high level fight night player, if the striking is all about who can throw the most strikes in a round how do you explain the fact that I have not lost a single stand and bang match since the official release and only lost 1 game overall in a week (noted I only play online quickmatch). I use head movement constantly, am never stationary and most often throw less strikes than my opponents. If what you said had any basis in reality i would lose most of my fights instead of dominating them.

Secondly I have put almost all of my time into the stand up as again, I am a fight night player until recently I started working on the other aspects and even still have been able to deny takedowns. But you have to LEARN it. Most important is conditioning yourself to take your thumb OFF the analog stick as an opponent shoots in, otherwise it registers it as a missed drive denial, and then understand if the denial is a bit late you have to then use the analog stick to deny the drive in the same direction the opponent is turning you. there are a couple of youtube videos explaining this and you should watch them. But even still it will take time for you to condition your mind not deny a takedown like in past games and to get your thumb off the stick until denying the drive.

Lastly just because the game has weird caf costumes and emotes does not mean it is an arcade game. Actually I would argue to my points above the gameplay is the most sim it has been yet. Not quite realistic but much more so than past games. Many players just can't deal with the block break because they are conditioned to hold block and wait there turn. Give it time, Make guys miss, make them pay, fight smart, learn all aspects and then see if your complaints hold the same strength in your mind.
This game is not the most sim, not even close. Multiple knockdowns a fight on both sides and fighters throwing 200 punches a round whilst you slip them and get taxed more stamina than they do for throwing multiple combos.
This game completed killed counterstriking, and went back to rewarding the spammy unrealistic style of fighting UFC 1 and 2 were plagued with.

They casualized a series that by all means WAS heading in a sim direction with UFC 3.

Not to mention all the stupid changes they made to ranked championships and the roster being over 50 fighters short.

This game is a complete mess.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:59 PM   #107
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmoke
This game is not the most sim, not even close. Multiple knockdowns a fight on both sides and fighters throwing 200 punches a round whilst you slip them and get taxed more stamina than they do for throwing multiple combos.
This game completed killed counterstriking, and went back to rewarding the spammy unrealistic style of fighting UFC 1 and 2 were plagued with.

They casualized a series that by all means WAS heading in a sim direction with UFC 3.

Not to mention all the stupid changes they made to ranked championships and the roster being over 50 fighters short.

This game is a complete mess.
The 10 knockdowns a fight still being a thing is just completely embarrassing. I'm truly embarrassed for every dev that worked on this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »