Home

Patch 2.01 now out on PS4

This is a discussion on Patch 2.01 now out on PS4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2020, 05:51 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Patch 2.01 now out on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
The lack of attention paid to CAF is straight up destroying the enjoyment all of us offline players look for (and have somewhat gotten in the past) in the game.

It's 2020 and the went BACKWARDS in so many aspects. Sad isn't even the word.
Lack of attention is the wrong phrase to use man.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-13-2020, 09:20 PM   #58
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbnt149
Why was some of the updates listing it as 50gb Skynet? If the game is 25gb and this is 1.5gb update?
That's a ps4 technicality, where it requires enough disc space for twice the size of the game for every patch, even though it doesn't actually take that much... I don't recall why, but it only requires that space to perform the download. It doesn't consume it.

I actually found that out myself a couple months ago when I tried to patch Horizon Zero Dawn and had to delete other games off my own PS4.... #feelsbadman
Old 08-13-2020, 09:28 PM   #59
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Is this considered the Day 1 patch or is there another one coming tomorrow on the official launch date?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I can't guarantee the patch will go live because it's not finished certification yet, but we're hoping to put one out tomorrow with the full game launch. A smaller one with some important fixes.

Again, the first couple patches, especially ones in quick succession, are usually more for technical issues or meta breaking exploits that really need to get in fast. We try to get some tuning and content in too if it's ready, but the more we add the longer it takes to go live so... it's a balance.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:31 PM   #60
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Sort of confirms the model fixes were not because of our complaints haha
You speak as if all those complaints have only been around for a few days >_>

Also, we do have internal reviews of our art assets and which ones we think are the most in need of love. Sometimes we change things for community feedback, and sometimes our artists and directors have improvements of their own they want to see.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:38 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Marathoner perk fix is not in this update, but is coming soon.

Don't forget that patches take at least a week or two between dev sign off and going live, and that's if we rush it through first party checks. This one mainly contains beta feedback issues and fixes for bugs we'd already identified but couldn't get onto disc.

No patch will ever contain fixes for things we only learned about in the last 1-2 weeks, as it was out the door before that. Tunersets are quicker to put out and can be as little as 1-2 days old, but are much more limited in what they are able to change.
Hey Skynet I have never seen the ai use the new sway block? Is this something that is not programmed in for them to do? Also how in the world do you do the finish the fight subs and the arm trap triangle from postured? Last in Career mode cpu roster fighters have the wrong discipline for instance Anthony Pettis was listed as a Wrestler. Thanks as always my friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2020, 10:19 PM   #62
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERsports
Hey Skynet I have never seen the ai use the new sway block? Is this something that is not programmed in for them to do? Also how in the world do you do the finish the fight subs and the arm trap triangle from postured? Last in Career mode cpu roster fighters have the wrong discipline for instance Anthony Pettis was listed as a Wrestler. Thanks as always my friend.
They do use it, but not all of them. It's one of a number of defensive options available and each AI is tuned to use them to different amounts. It can be hard to catch them doing it sometimes too, because they don't normally have their hands up as often as users.

It's more like the block and sway in a single motion at the same time, unless their hands were already up and they decided to sway, but that happens organically and not by design.

PS: I think there's a HUD coming to GnP to help show you your transition options etc. I imagine that'll display the finish the fight subs, but they're definitely still there
Old 08-13-2020, 11:59 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
They do use it, but not all of them. It's one of a number of defensive options available and each AI is tuned to use them to different amounts. It can be hard to catch them doing it sometimes too, because they don't normally have their hands up as often as users.

It's more like the block and sway in a single motion at the same time, unless their hands were already up and they decided to sway, but that happens organically and not by design.

PS: I think there's a HUD coming to GnP to help show you your transition options etc. I imagine that'll display the finish the fight subs, but they're definitely still there
Awesome it is needed! Some of the moves are not explained at all!! There is an arm trap triangle and several sweeos I have no clue how to do.

Also if you are still thinking about adding ai taunts I will not be mad at ya lol....Oh and please tell Raman to let us add Legends as opponents and training partners in Career mode as well as having cpu roster fighters get cut to the wfa and cpu wfa fighters move up to the ufc and be able to switch weight classes.....You da man!!
Old 08-14-2020, 12:05 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERsports
Awesome it is needed! Some of the moves are not explained at all!! There is an arm trap triangle and several sweeos I have no clue how to do.

Also if you are still thinking about adding ai taunts I will not be mad at ya lol....Oh and please tell Raman to let us add Legends as opponents and training partners in Career mode as well as having cpu roster fighters get cut to the wfa and cpu wfa fighters move up to the ufc and be able to switch weight classes.....You da man!!
Oh I almost forgot the sliders in Career mode are not working and also the ai only ever does the same post fight taunt.....For instance if cpu Masvidal beats me he will never do the tap on the floor and fall down taunt.....Would be cool if the cpu could do all their different taunts to mix it up

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »