Home

Rate UFC 4

This is a discussion on Rate UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Rate UFC 4
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 4 5.00%
7 16 20.00%
6 19 23.75%
5 12 15.00%
4 10 12.50%
3 7 8.75%
2 5 6.25%
1 7 8.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2020, 09:52 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Rate UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep Doctor
Calling this a "functional game" then saying it has bugs is disingenuous. There's literally people who get a purple screen when trying to play a match.

Less features, transitions, modes, and options than the last game. Releasing this game in the state it is in is disingenuous. What do we have "game changers" for if they allowed for the franchise to regress this bad?

Roster is a joke, cafs are a joke, but hey you can wear a unicorn mask now.
Ya'll gotta stop acting like the gamechangers have that much power.

Just because everyone on here wishes they had more influence than ranting on a forum doesn't mean because the gamechangers get some Canadian free pizza every once in a while that the gamechangers are responsible for this game.

The dev team is responsible for this game, good and bad. It's literally their job.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2020, 01:05 AM   #10
Rookie

Roster is very bad, many not updated models.. so 5
Old 08-23-2020, 07:14 AM   #11
Pro

When I think about everything put together and look at the completely new clinch and takedowns systems, a fair review from me is a 7.

However I cannot begin to express my disappointment in KO/TKO sequences still looking mediocre. There has been a fairly big group of us on here since at least the EA UFC 3 BETA really pushing for improvements on this area and it never seems like much progress gets done with it. Had big hopes with the 2.5 year development time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 10:19 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
When I think about everything put together and look at the completely new clinch and takedowns systems, a fair review from me is a 7.

However I cannot begin to express my disappointment in KO/TKO sequences still looking mediocre. There has been a fairly big group of us on here since at least the EA UFC 3 BETA really pushing for improvements on this area and it never seems like much progress gets done with it. Had big hopes with the 2.5 year development time.

Completely new clinch system? You mean the one missing transitions and simple things like double under? More effort went into removing things.

The new denial on tds is trash. It wasn't even properly reading your inputs cuz it read your movement as a denial. The only interesting idea was the directional denial depending on the hip placement but it was still executed poorly.

We are 4 games into the franchise and every release has been a buggy mess. Its time to stop apologizing for them. They've made 4 games and have not come close to the depth the undisputed games. Instead we are regressing every release then wait for patches to fix the game. Then new game comes and undoes everything all over again.

If they weren't the only mma game on the market i bet they'd show some more effort in their product.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:34 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep Doctor
Completely new clinch system? You mean the one missing transitions and simple things like double under? More effort went into removing things.
Yes the completely new clinch system. Both the takedowns and the clinch use fundamentally different NEW systems to function. Whether you like them or not is up to you but they are undoubtedly new. Not sure why you are coming at me right now, the thread asks what you personally rate EA UFC 4. We've both done that, and I don't plan to go back a page and start criticizing your "2" rating.

Rate and let rate
Old 08-23-2020, 11:43 AM   #14
Rookie

I gave it a 5. The game play is God awful, but CAN be improved upon its just whether or not it will.

Most of my score comes from poor design choices and the game feeling like it took a step back overall from UFC 3. Why did they ruin ranked with no weight class selection? Why are we forced to fight kumite/backyard in QM? All the poor CAF choices they made/cosmetic additions that added literally NOTHING to the game. Why is the roster missing over 50 fighters? Time should've been put in to replace them.

Not to mention yet again a huge lack of fighter individuality, lack of elbows/hammer fists on the ground, lack of power in your strikes leading to multiple knockdowns a fight, lack of basic positions in the clinch etc.

It honestly seems like most of the time went into outside aspects of the gameplay, the clinch feels so slapped together and rushed it isn't even funny.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:27 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmoke
I gave it a 5. The game play is God awful, but CAN be improved upon its just whether or not it will.

Most of my score comes from poor design choices and the game feeling like it took a step back overall from UFC 3. Why did they ruin ranked with no weight class selection? Why are we forced to fight kumite/backyard in QM? All the poor CAF choices they made/cosmetic additions that added literally NOTHING to the game. Why is the roster missing over 50 fighters? Time should've been put in to replace them.

Not to mention yet again a huge lack of fighter individuality, lack of elbows/hammer fists on the ground, lack of power in your strikes leading to multiple knockdowns a fight, lack of basic positions in the clinch etc.

It honestly seems like most of the time went into outside aspects of the gameplay, the clinch feels so slapped together and rushed it isn't even funny.
Well 52 voters agree with you, because after averaging this, the average score is a 5.

How sad is that? Did anyone expect that we would all be this disappointed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2020, 11:44 AM   #16
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinch Control
Well 52 voters agree with you, because after averaging this, the average score is a 5.

How sad is that? Did anyone expect that we would all be this disappointed?
Tbh yes. When the survey leaked on reddit (I think it was a year ago?), that pretty much confirmed this series was done for me, and I rated the 3 previous versions also not higher than a 5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »