Home

Rate UFC 4

This is a discussion on Rate UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Rate UFC 4
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 4 5.00%
7 16 20.00%
6 19 23.75%
5 12 15.00%
4 10 12.50%
3 7 8.75%
2 5 6.25%
1 7 8.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2020, 12:40 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rate UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
Tbh yes. When the survey leaked on reddit (I think it was a year ago?), that pretty much confirmed this series was done for me, and I rated the 3 previous versions also not higher than a 5.
For me, 3 was a great improvement that I thoroughly enjoyed. I would probably give that one an 8 personally.

I thought since 3 made such a huge leap in striking, that 4 would do the same but for the entire ground game. I really did, and what a disappointment.
Old 08-24-2020, 03:09 PM   #18
Rookie

5 for me

The more I play it the more disappointed I get

Really doesn't feel like anything has progressed except clinch - which is great!

Roster is poor and outdated

Presentation isn't great, sound atmosphere etc is terrible, huds burn into the screen occasionally refusing to leave etc

Ground n pound is an absolute mess

The ground game is stale

Career mode is a replica of last year jist with a few extra cut scenes

That's even without the whole SIM debate, as that is a personal choice, and they could 100% still make a great game that wasn't fully sim focused

To think they had 2 years to work on this and come out with it is really dissapointing
Old 08-25-2020, 02:36 AM   #19
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

From a gameplay perspective, this is the most enjoyable MMA game I've ever played. That's what's most important to me. The developers deserve a lot of props for how well this plays at launch. I can only imagine what else they'll add during the cycle.

However, the roster omissions, lack of depth in offline modes, nonexistent online community features, and bare-bones stat tracking keep it from being great.
Old 08-25-2020, 03:22 AM   #20
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedMetalArts
Look, I honestly was pissed about the direction they took with this iteration of the series but how anyone could objectively give a functional game a 1 out of 10 is beyond me. It works, you can get a couple hours of fun out if it, it has some different modes.

6 out of 10 for me as the removed features (and slew of new bugs/issues) have diminished my enjoyment compared to the previous games, which I would have given a 7-7.5. Anything lower than a 5 seems more like a protest vote and I just find that disingenuous.

The latest trend of 1/10 reviews for not liking the premise of a game or a single specific aspect of it seems counterintuitive to me. People are less likely to pay attention to your opinion if it doesn't seem like a fair and honest critique.
Well I'll explain you my reviewing process and why I gave it a 3/10(despite not having played it other than the Beta).

If this game was a stand-alone, I'd give it a 5-6/10. However seeing how this is a game series, 8 years in the making, owned by the EA Sports Goliath, being plastered as a AAA sports title, with exclusive rights/monopoly of the UFC brand and being sold for 60-70$, that's where the score from a 5/10 average game, starts to decline.

I look at this game as a service and it has been a declining service from my point of view that is no longer worth the asking price or time investment.

When feutures are removed, bad new feutures are implemented, anti-consumer/anti-sport depiction decisions are made, like forcing ranked online fights with created fighters with donkey masks and chains etc. , forcing kumite/street brawls in casual quick fights. Microtransaction cosmetics being sold as if it were a free to play game.

I just don't see this title being worth the money or the time investment.

That's why I give it a 3/10, removing points from this average game, for the anti-consumer and poor decisions behind it. I could have given it a 6/10 (slightly above average) if it was free-to-play for owners of the past games, as I still don't see it being worth my time, even if it were given to me for free.

That's why I can see how someone could give this a 1/10, especially if they bought it and felt that they completely wasted their money on this product.
Especially when a game that came out 1 console generation ago, was a much better product and still till this day can compete and surpass this title.(Undisputed 3)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Take it a step further, someone who has owned previous iterations of the series, now no longer get any support and their online pvp is being shut down(despite the online not having a server that costs money to the company), forcing them into transitioning to this new title, so their reviewing hand gets forced into taking away more points and could conclude to that 1/10, letting their peers know, that it's not worth it for them to get involved to this series, even if they are new to it, as it's not moving towards a positive direction overall.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 08-25-2020 at 03:43 AM.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:46 AM   #21
Pro

I gotta admire the mental gymnastics to drop a game from a 6 to a 1.

If you hate CAFs then your microtransaction point is completely moot as you can only use it to buy CAF cosmetics so you are not being paygated. Besides, UFC 2 and 3 had actual pay-to-win microtransactions in UT.

I enjoy the game. It has my favorite gameplay of any MMA game but as Pappy mentioned the non-gameplay aspects of the game are pretty limited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2020, 07:51 PM   #22
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

A 6!!
Lack luster presentation ,CAF lacking ,missing move sets Knockouts in TKO’s are by far the worst especially on the ground no ragdoll animation too many to Count.
The game literally went forwards in the clinch game and went backwards everywhere else 100% FACTS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-26-2020, 12:26 PM   #23
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

I gave it a 4. It’s a fun game gameplay wise, but two weeks later it’s pretty stale. I already gave my buddy the copy I borrowed and moved on to madden
Old 08-26-2020, 02:17 PM   #24
Rookie

Well we are at a 4.91 average score now. Sad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »