Home

Patch Next Week?

This is a discussion on Patch Next Week? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2021, 07:01 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Patch Next Week?

You're right that a patch is underway as there's spoilers on the Discord.

I'm seriously hoping that they finally patch the career mode bugs and polish the mode a little. Either that or just announce that you're never going to touch the mode. It'll help to counter the disappointment every time the patch hits.

People will understand if there's no changes incoming, as EA is obviously not obliged to do it. No one is going to buy the game only because of a career mode patch... But just say it and it'll make it easier for everybody. We've grown to expect it because of the previous games, though I don't recall big changes to UFC3's career mode.

The mode is ok as it is, and I still spend about half my gameplay on it. But right now most people should be content with the engine. If not they'll always complain about something. The cycle the core gameplay went through during UFC3's release was almost mindboggling. I've never seen a game change so much after release. Definitely appreciated though.
Old 02-10-2021, 05:37 PM   #18
Pro

I sincerely hope some of the complaints adressed on their own forum finally get adressed. Even simple fixes like the shorts colors. I can understand not adding the country colors after removing them. Sure. But ffs fix the black vs black matchups all the time. I've yet to see a UFC fight where they both fight in the same short color. This ticks me off more than it should, as it happens to me in career constantly.

And I'm personally not that bothered by the longevity, but why not just let people play on? What's the problem here? Ok, so you're not the GOAT and never will be, but you can continue to enjoy your superstats. Is it too much to disconnect that slot from any achievements? I probably would never use the option unless for a couple more fights, but what's the stop those that do want to continue? Once you are comfortable with your stats and start auto-training you will do fight after fight and the career ends rather quickly.

Last edited by Blackman316; 02-10-2021 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:18 PM   #19
Rookie

The Patch 8.00 is here, 3,8 Gb
Old 02-11-2021, 04:30 PM   #20
MVP

Not on PS4 yet but social says Rakic and Vettori are the DLC.

Can't complain there. Well deserved. Both on the verge of title contention.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2021, 04:51 PM   #21
Pro

edit: Apparently it somehow autodownloads the patch. Weird.

*nvm apparently it's just 2 new fighters without any actual patches*

Last edited by Blackman316; 02-11-2021 at 05:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2021, 06:00 PM   #22
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Apparently there's some small gameplay balancing changes. But nothing for career mode, of course.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:17 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyaf
Wrote out a list of my feedback as a competitive player and what I'd like to see in the upcoming patches
Bro what a list. Allow me to comment on some of the bigger points you made:

- Add a larger denial window to the standing guillotine
Yeah 150%. A simple, satisfactory solution to a very big problem.

- Reduce total knockdowns needed for KO
Yeah definitely man - wasn’t this supposedly addressed recently? Or what am I thinking about? Anyways yeah 100%. Gets a tad ridiculous - the match will be over 3 minutes before it’s over.

- Fix GA not affecting takedown denials
Ehhhh. Mechanically it’s a rational plight but I’d be more than OK with this specific problem being left unaddressed. This could make TDs surprisingly harder to obtain. Doesn’t seem to have a prevalent, reproducible impact on competitive gameplay.

- Add bigger denial window to the backpack
You sure? Why? Is there some tactic I’m unaware of? Doesn’t seem necessary to me. Even division 12 players deny it consistently

- Lower damage on redirected body uppercuts
What? What’s a redirected body uppercut?

- Fix teeps/front kicks converting to knees even when thrown at proper range
Yeah totally, gets very frustrating. I’d prefer it be tuned too far the OTHER WAY - so you can throw front kicks while TOO CLOSE - as opposed to throwing knees from too far.

- Fix leg kick feint to body kick speedup and FWD moving body kick feint to head kick speedup
Yeah I can tell you’re a top player. No clue this was a thing. Actually though, is it a problem? Sounds like a realistic thing tbh - fighters do prime their kicks in such a manner.

- Lower ST stamina drain when getting walked in a headlock
Pshh or remove it entirely. At least until it’s tuned to allow options for the defender. It’s not fair that my stamina should drain from a position where my controller inputs are locked. Besides how much stamina can 3 seconds in a head lock really drain.

- Allow for takedowns to be chained after combinations more fluidly
Yup 100%. And allow for combinations to be chained after failed takedowns more easily (whether bc you shot from too far away, or faked the shot).

- Slow down walking recovery after whiffing a big strike in the pocket (exiting range after whiffing)
Probably wouldn’t be the most realistic thing, although I’m all for any changes which increase Stamina Tax for striking - whiffed, landed or blocked.

- Slightly buff triangle choke from guard
Is it weak right now? Keep in mind it’s a pretty low percentage sub these days.

- Add a fast up transition from side saddle (into back side?)
Interesting idea. For some reason, despite there only being 2 directions for the SUB player, I never viewed this as a particularly OP position, or a position that’s overly easy to hold all day. But perhaps it is. Oddly, backside seems to be the easiest position for me to hold all day, despite their being 4 directions.

- Reduce ST stamina drain for getting a straight slipped in GnP
Ground and pound is so ugly in this game, as it was in UFC 3. I’d argue UFC 4’s a step backwards. The whole thing’s bad. The visuals and mechanics of the punches themselves - which just feel stiff and robotic, and look less realistic than Undisputed 2009. The lack of elbows. The defensive options, which feel very limited and forced. The way posturing works is just horrible. Your fighter just freezes into a motionless position to throw a few robot arm punches. The defensive player has no direct control over their fighter - they can’t even transition. Breaking posture is an automatic function after blocking a few strikes. Occasionally you’ll automatically reverse your opponent or scurry free and have literally no idea why.

- Add 20% ST stamina advantage requirement for SUB ability to roll to back sitting when DOM is trying to take back mount
What’s the point of that? SUB isn’t really benefiting from this scramble in the first place... back sitting is a bad position to end up on. Why require a stam advantage to end up in a bad position. Maybe I’m misunderstanding.

- Slightly slow down half guard posture up[/quote]
It is fast come to think of it. But the problem is that bottom player can easily stall for a standup from bottom HG and having a fast posture makes this harder. Forces them to actually get up by playing the game... as opposed to sitting there and denying everything for 30 seconds. Twas a major problem on UFC 4. Ending up in HG was just an instant stalemate and ref standup since strikes from postured down HG don’t reset the timer and every transition has easy tells and denies, even with fakes.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:25 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
Bro what a list. Allow me to comment on some of the bigger points you made:
I'll do the same!
- Fix GA not affecting takedown denials
"Ehhhh. Mechanically it’s a rational plight but I’d be more than OK with this specific problem being left unaddressed. This could make TDs surprisingly harder to obtain. Doesn’t seem to have a prevalent, reproducible impact on competitive gameplay. "

Actually, this would benefit the offender; chewing up legs or getting rocks with GA doesn't really help because GA doesn't affect takedowns. Goes both ways.

- Add bigger denial window to the backpack
"You sure? Why? Is there some tactic I’m unaware of? Doesn’t seem necessary to me. Even division 12 players deny it consistently"

This is to get rid of the 50/50 of guessing either a backpack or a back drag; you literally have to guess which one they'll do. Make it reactable.

- Lower damage on redirected body uppercuts
"What? What’s a redirected body uppercut?"

They actually did fix this this patch, it's body uppercuts redirecting to the head and doing wayyy too much damage.

- Fix leg kick feint to body kick speedup and FWD moving body kick feint to head kick speedup
"Yeah I can tell you’re a top player. No clue this was a thing. Actually though, is it a problem? Sounds like a realistic thing tbh - fighters do prime their kicks in such a manner."

Yeah, it's a problem. You can feint the first kick and the second one will be wayyyyy too fast. Almost unreadable.

- Slow down walking recovery after whiffing a big strike in the pocket (exiting range after whiffing)
"Probably wouldn’t be the most realistic thing, although I’m all for any changes which increase Stamina Tax for striking - whiffed, landed or blocked."

I'd argue that being able to whiff a 3 piece ending in a body kick and then still being able to hold high block and back up out of range before getting hit with a counter is more unrealistic.

- Slightly buff triangle choke from guard
"Is it weak right now? Keep in mind it’s a pretty low percentage sub these days."

Yeah, too weak. Almost impossible to get.

- Add 20% ST stamina advantage requirement for SUB ability to roll to back sitting when DOM is trying to take back mount
"What’s the point of that? SUB isn’t really benefiting from this scramble in the first place... back sitting is a bad position to end up on. Why require a stam advantage to end up in a bad position. Maybe I’m misunderstanding."

Right now, it's impossible to get back mount as the DOM fighter because the SUB fighter can roll to back sitting every single time. Sometimes I just want back mount man. Add a stam requirement so I can get it without my opponent letting me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »