Home

Grappling - Is KO mode a step backwards?

This is a discussion on Grappling - Is KO mode a step backwards? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2015, 07:48 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Grappling - Is KO mode a step backwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
I LOVE the idea of this mode!

I do have a question though, is it possible to apply this to other game modes? Career mode for example..
I'd like to know this as well.
If it can, then I'll buy buying UFC2 fo sho.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:04 AM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
I LOVE the idea of this mode!

I do have a question though, is it possible to apply this to other game modes? Career mode for example..
Nope. Its a stand alone mode.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:05 AM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'd like to know this as well.
If it can, then I'll buy buying UFC2 fo sho.
Its an MMA game at its heart. This is a fun mode but they arent trying to have it replace actual MMA fights in significant modes.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

Here is my only thing. Most guys online...dont know how to properly implement the ground game. Whenever I hear people say that laying and praying is hard...that to me is an example of someone not understanding the mechanic as I can keep people down for a long time if I want.

I have played many guys who are my equal are better standing but as soon as I take them down their game just isn't there. I almost feel like I am taking advantage of them when I get it to the ground (the worst is when they know me down then I end up on top bashing them into oblivion). To me the problem is people don't dedicate themselves to learning that aspect of the game. And thus it takes away from the competition.

Also...by people not evolve their ground game it makes everyones ground game worse. Steel sharpens steel...but what if everyone is made of plastic?

However, as long as that mode is limited and NOT online...I guess I am ok.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:41 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBUFC
Here is my only thing. Most guys online...dont know how to properly implement the ground game. Whenever I hear people say that laying and praying is hard...that to me is an example of someone not understanding the mechanic as I can keep people down for a long time if I want.

I have played many guys who are my equal are better standing but as soon as I take them down their game just isn't there. I almost feel like I am taking advantage of them when I get it to the ground (the worst is when they know me down then I end up on top bashing them into oblivion). To me the problem is people don't dedicate themselves to learning that aspect of the game. And thus it takes away from the competition.

Also...by people not evolve their ground game it makes everyones ground game worse. Steel sharpens steel...but what if everyone is made of plastic?

However, as long as that mode is limited and NOT online...I guess I am ok.
I dont get your point though. The people who dont want to learn the ground game....arent going to learn the ground game whether there is a KO mode or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 09:37 PM   #22
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree with aholbert.. This mode takes absolutely nothing away. If I want to learn the ground game, I can. If I want to stand and knock someone out over and over without getting pissed off being on the ground for the whole round, I can. Options. Options. Options.

In your case that you've been arguing, it's simple. Avoid the mode and play the other modes they offer. No one is forcing you or anyone else to just stand up and fight.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:32 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nope. Its a stand alone mode.
Ah that's a little bit of a bummer, not a deal breaker though!

In future I think it would be cool to apply it as a "setting" and not a mode. It's a way to appeal to the more casual fan or for those that just enjoy the stand-up and and the thrill of seeking the crazy KO.

I'm not the casual fan, but there's times I just want to pick up a game like that and swing for the fences and not worry about the other aspects. It's a good stress relief too!
Old 11-22-2015, 06:43 PM   #24
Rookie

Oinkersthepig's Arena

OVR: 0

To me, this mode isn't taking anything away from the game, so I don't see how it could be considered negative.

People who like UFC and gaming will buy this irregardless. If anything, this will help get more sales, as more casuals will be drawn to the mode. Maybe they like the mode and get interested in learning the ground and clinch, and this mode winds up being their invitation to the full game.

I was going to buy this game before hearing of the mode. I plan on playing mostly "real" fights because I want the full package, but I'll be playing this mode a lot for one reason: my friends. Friends come over and want to play UFC with me, that's been happening since I can remember. They might know little about the sport, or little about gaming in general, but on almost every instance they don't have the knowledge of both. When my friends come by we pretty much have a house rule to do stand up only, because its not fun if I just dominate them in an aspect of the game they don't understand. I can tell them to get better, but if they don't own the game themselves or something that would be impossible.

If I'm just trying to have fun with friends who want to beat each other up and talk trash, then this is a great mode for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »