Home

Last 2 things needing to be patched

This is a discussion on Last 2 things needing to be patched within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2016, 05:51 PM   #25
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Last 2 things needing to be patched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbington
To each their own, but I think you guys would complain even more if high block was useless any time you get rocked, especially when you consider how often you get randomly rocked in this game.

Do you really want to be able to just finish your opponent with ease any time you rock them? If so you're going to lose a ton of fights that you were dominating all because your opponent got a BS rock on you.

The most common result in the UFC is the unanimous decision. People tend to survive. I see no problem with high block.
You cant just block strikes by holding your arms up, it's not realistic and it's OP in this game. You say mix it up, but once you land 4 strikes on his unblocked stomach you are now gassed and he has recovered from the head rock. Gets you no closer to ko.

If you can't use head movement and dashes to get away and rely solely on high block, you will be the one with problems once they fix it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2016, 06:15 PM   #26
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

I don't rely on high block; I use everything.

But, again, to each their own. I stand by what I said before. If EA listens to you guys and we get finished 90% of the time we get rocked I'm certain a lot of you guys will change your tune about the high block.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:21 PM   #27
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Most people i see complaining about high block don't rely on it.

I'm sure a ton of people would complain, but they can learn an adapt. They might survive getting rocked turtling high block if they didn't absorb so many strikes on the forearms in the first place.

The rocks were frequently death rocks in the first game, I was actually fine with that once you get used to it.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:21 AM   #28
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

1) Parries are hard enough now.
- it cancel your block
- it require hard timing
- parry window is 10-30 frames depends on your Stamina advantage (SA)
- you can not to spam Parries (only when you have nearly 100% SA)
- Parry is your the only save tool when you have low stamina (so can not sway or dodge effectively) and broken Block, BUT in this conditions Parry window is terribly tight and hard (=skill!) to success.
Parries are excellent now!

2) Block is penetrable.
More damaged limbs - less effective block.
To break the block you need to deal more damage on ONE selected limb - plan your combos so that your last cumulative strike landed on opponent's most damaged hand (yr left strike to his right limb and vice versa). 2 combo multiplied strike to the same side - block will be broken.
Mix up - strike his body. He cannot to switch his block immediately b/c of delay in 10 frames.
The Offensive side step in New striking thread will solve this problem even more in UFC 3.
High block is normal now i think.

Last edited by SUGATA; 07-05-2016 at 05:26 AM.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:59 PM   #29
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
2) Block is penetrable.
More damaged limbs - less effective block.
To break the block you need to deal more damage on ONE selected limb - plan your combos so that your last cumulative strike landed on opponent's most damaged hand (yr left strike to his right limb and vice versa). 2 combo multiplied strike to the same side - block will be broken.
Mix up - strike his body. He cannot to switch his block immediately b/c of delay in 10 frames.
The Offensive side step in New striking thread will solve this problem even more in UFC 3.
High block is normal now i think.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Some people have this down to a science.

High block is fine.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:06 PM   #30
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Parries are not hard at all, still super easy and its literally all guys do is sit on high block and parry a jab to counter you with a sig strike, yawn.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:17 PM   #31
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

We all have to deal with that, and to be quite honest it's really not that difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2016, 04:20 PM   #32
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbington
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Some people have this down to a science.

High block is fine.
Many people dont understand how block is working in this game so they complain about it.
I will make a video now and post it here

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »