Home

Will strikers be able to defeat ground Caesars more easily?

This is a discussion on Will strikers be able to defeat ground Caesars more easily? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2017, 11:55 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Will strikers be able to defeat ground Caesars more easily?

If UFC 2. ground Cheese. Ran amok. What has been done in this game to prevent ground fighters from completely taken over the leader boards as was the case in UFC 2 were We were basically defenseless against ground cheese.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 12:03 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Will strikers be able to defeat ground Caesars more easily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshuashammer
If UFC 2. ground Cheese. Ran amok. What has been done in this game to prevent ground fighters from completely taken over the leader boards as was the case in UFC 2 were We were basically defenseless against ground cheese.
i personally mastered ufc 2's striking, In a sense where i dont spam like most people i know when and what to throw and know how to break you down or just outpressure if i notice you'll do nothing and got really good and not getting taken down and getting myself out of vulnerable spots in the clinch (anything besides thai and over under).

But the ground is pretty much the same, Just, now i think not being able to strike wont cut it in this game. Just panic shooting will get you slept. I feel bad for the UFC2 players who will immediately try to clinch or take someone down and get sparked unconscious. Just that feeling of everything you learned wont help you lol for the strikers all you gotta do is learn controls and movement. They need to learn everything

And i am aware that they fixed alot of actual cheese situations and spam things though. Like the thai knees, The clinch breaks if one knee lands

Last edited by aust9n; 11-25-2017 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:33 AM   #3
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

I had three major issues on the ground. Position wise; side control is way to OP & the rubber guard spam. Then the only issue with ground strikes I really had were those OP punches after moving to the side from sprawl position. I didn't like how quickly fights could end off GnP alone in general sometimes, but it became more avoidable in most other situations after time. I still hope it's all tweaked a little bit.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:38 AM   #4
Banned

Listen I'm a ground fighter but only because the stand up was not the most viable way to win in Ufc 2. The only intelligence in the game was factored in to ground. It won't matter when I apply my gaming savvy to striking. You'll be able to pick your poison at that point. I truly can't want. Those guys that you hate on the ground are going to wreck you in stand up now... I promise.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:59 AM   #5
Banned

With the new vulnerability system, clinch and takedown spammers will be more vulnerable than in UFC2. So knee him in the face. Make him pay for TD and clinch spam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 01:03 AM   #6
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aust9n
i personally mastered ufc 2's striking, In a sense where i dont spam like most people i know when and what to throw and know how to break you down or just outpressure if i notice you'll do nothing and got really good and not getting taken down and getting myself out of vulnerable spots in the clinch (anything besides thai and over under).

But the ground is pretty much the same, Just, now i think not being able to strike wont cut it in this game. Just panic shooting will get you slept. I feel bad for the UFC2 players who will immediately try to clinch or take someone down and get sparked unconscious. Just that feeling of everything you learned wont help you lol for the strikers all you gotta do is learn controls and movement. They need to learn everything

And i am aware that they fixed alot of actual cheese situations and spam things though. Like the thai knees, The clinch breaks if one knee lands
Well stated. I agree with your synopsis. People who spammed mindless takedowns & clinch are going to have to actually learn how to play an MMA game. The stamina should take care of a lot of this, the vulnerability (obviously), the reworks to clinch control, and the takedown denial that was changed ever so slightly. Not sure I can say what that change was, but you'll see soon enough.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:43 AM   #7
Pro

I can't wait personally. A few days ago I fought a guy who I was beating but he caught me finally in the last round. I took a screenshot of it. Because he was the first guy I fought that went for 27 takedowns on me and only landed 2 of the 27 takedowns. He also went for a rediculous amount of clinch attempts probably the same or even more then his takedown attempts.

I landed 53 strikes and he hit me with 32 strikes it was a strange pace for 3 rounds of all those Grappling attempts he tried.

I'm looking forward to the new mechanics, locomotion, & controls. With the new locomotion I'll be able to better use inside and outside fighting as well.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:53 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
I can't wait personally. A few days ago I fought a guy who I was beating but he caught me finally in the last round. I took a screenshot of it. Because he was the first guy I fought that went for 27 takedowns on me and only landed 2 of the 27 takedowns. He also went for a rediculous amount of clinch attempts probably the same or even more then his takedown attempts.

I landed 53 strikes and he hit me with 32 strikes it was a strange pace for 3 rounds of all those Grappling attempts he tried.

I'm looking forward to the new mechanics, locomotion, & controls. With the new locomotion I'll be able to better use inside and outside fighting as well.
lol my UT record is like 900-50 and over my experiences and getting better i started clowning those guys. Would shred their head, be scared to finish them because i wanted to get more points and wrek them more so i would start body hunting. UGH HOW TRIGGERED IT WOULD MAKE ME LANDING 40O STRIKES AND GETTING SUBBED IN ROUND 5 BECAUSE I DIDNT FINISH THE 8 TIMES I KNOCKED HIM DOWN hahaha

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »