Home

The body uppercut spam is real

This is a discussion on The body uppercut spam is real within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #57
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The body uppercut spam is real

Yep, body shots are ridiculously overpowered, and do not leave you exposed enough when throwing.

I have had two matches today with guys walking me down with constant 2 shot body uppercuts, and 50% of the time uppercuts totally whiff on the counter.

They only have to do this for a round and a half before you are totally gassed out. Also you can rock them 3 or 4 times while they are doing this, and as long as they do not get ko'd they will be near full stamina by the time you are gassed and its basically a free win.

Body shots need to leave you way more exposed and the stamina drain needs to be reduced a lot. Also being rocked needs to actually drain stamina. The biggest drain on stamina in the game should come from that.

Last edited by Stolm; 02-03-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:43 PM   #58
Rookie

Keep the distance with front kicks.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #59
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Holy smokes. I played a match last night when I threw a spinning back body kick from full stamina but whiffed. It literally drained my entire stamina bar off just that 1 strike. Then my oppenent hops in with 3-4 body shots and almost my entire permanent stamina bar got destroyed. I went from destroying this guy for like 15 minutes straight of a 5 round fight.. To in about 3 seconds the entire fight was straight up handed to my opponent off 1 single missed strike.

My stamina when from around 75% to about 20%. Couldnt move anymore. Couldnt throw strikes. Was totally screwed.

Boy oh boy that was frustrating.

Like, I get I should be punished for a whiff but that was beyond brutal.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-03-2018, 04:01 PM   #60
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Holy smokes. I played a match last night when I threw a spinning back body kick from full stamina but whiffed. It literally drained my entire stamina bar off just that 1 strike. Then my oppenent hops in with 3-4 body shots and almost my entire permanent stamina bar got destroyed. I went from destroying this guy for like 15 minutes straight of a 5 round fight.. To in about 3 seconds the entire fight was straight up handed to my opponent off 1 single missed strike.

My stamina when from around 75% to about 20%. Couldnt move anymore. Couldnt throw strikes. Was totally screwed.

they nerfed spinning moves too much, you cant use them.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:02 PM   #61
Rookie

Move away from there power hand & counter with a lead hook when you catch their timing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2018, 04:02 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:

It's stuff like this that makes me think the stamina system is a patchwork of a bunch of different things that were implemented at different times. Whiffed spinning **** draining a bunch of temp stamina makes sense on it's own, but combined with body strikes draining more perm stamina the lower temp stamina is makes it kinda ridiculous. Arm traps and the hip bumps in stacked guard draining temp stamina makes sense, but with how high the bleedthrough to perm stamina on the ground is it becomes kinda silly. Transition denials draining temp stamina makes sense, but combined with the inability to block your body in a lot of grappling positions it becomes really bad.

I managed to get Chad Mendes to gas out in the second round by countering everything I could with 2-3b-4b and I managed to get Woodley's stamina bar to the T in stamina by the third by holding him in over-under or double under against the fence and throwing knees after defending a transition. I think the stamina system would work fine if you and your opponent agree to only do a reasonable amount of bodywork, but once you know how easy it is to break, it becomes really, really bad.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:05 PM   #63
Rookie

Is this game a spammer is just an easy knock out..they get very predictable. Stop expecting people to fight the way you want them too..that’s a common strategy, frustrate your opponent & when you see a hole in their game exploit it.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:55 PM   #64
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:

Good god man.
I wish you had recorded this mess just so I could see this. I feel your pain entirely as I've had quite a few annoying moments where I lost fights I was objectively winning by leaps and bounds all because of something like this. Except for me it's usually Round 3-5 and they've landed so many of these cumulative body shots, while absorbing everything on their block, that I've become a sad wobbly drunkard who's just waiting for them to leap in with another body shot and put me to sleep.

From Woodley to Rai Cho and that's usually because I'm the only one actually attacking with purpose.

They're just blocking and draining me. And they're able to block EVERYTHING, some of the ones I've played don't even use the head movement they just hold block and it somehow stays for them. You don't have enough stamina to throw a combo capable of breaking through the block without eating a counter strike. Especially with any class over Welterweight. I can't do it anywhere, but it's even worse there. Throwing more than 3 strikes at Middleweight usually takes most of your bar if none connect or if they block them all, so trying to actually break the block with a combo only sets you up for them to counter you once your stamina is gone.

That is not how this should work. The block should break down fast enough to not take more stamina than you have at the start of the fight. I've tried playing very conservative, sniper fights and still have this problem when my stamina is drastically higher than the opponent. Short of them moving from high to low block or moving their head, there's nothing I can do. I'm just waiting for them to stop blocking or I'm wasting energy. A solution would be to either decrease the stamina drained from combos landed on the block by some slight amount. Or to make the block break down at a faster speed, especially at higher weight classes. Heavyweights shouldn't be able to block 3+ combos in close range like that. Dodge them, back up, block one and sway, whatever the hell you wanna do. But it's frustratingly jarring to be standing in front of someone teeing off on their unbreakable block like it's Tekken.

Tekken doesn't have stamina. It can get away with block doing relatively no damage and being impenetrable. But not here. I'm sure that's not how this was intended to work, but that has been my experience so far and I've heard similar complaints from people anecdotally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »