Home

I hope a lesson can be learned here

This is a discussion on I hope a lesson can be learned here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 10:07 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I hope a lesson can be learned here

I don't subscribe to the negativity in this thread but I do hope the development team will learn that they are only making it more difficult for themselves by introducing game mechanics which then need to be justified to the end user.
UD3 was relentless, but most things which people didn't like boiled down to "that's how it works in the sport". You don't like 1 headkick knockouts, do better avoiding them, etc..

This franchise needs to study the source a bit closer, especially with regards to damage and stamina. The rest will fall into place after that.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:21 AM   #18
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
Give me a break! Getting so sick of the negative posts. The ea UFC development team is great. Especially GPD. They worked really hard and are doing a great job. The game is really good and they will keep working to improve it. I feel very fortunate to have them make this game.
We shouldn't have to hold our tongue's just because the devs are nice guys and worked hard on the game. I totally respect that, but UFC 3 simply isn't good in a lot of areas. Issues need to be ironed out and new approaches considered. Staying quiet when we're not happy with the product helps nothing.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:39 AM   #19
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

You guys take criticism way too personal but he’s right sales are not great and the games ratings are mediocre , They change the striking which is good but they also made changes without really discussing it with the community , exclusion finish the fight and knock out animations , Ultimate team is the disaster, and the beta was too short, The game at its core is very good with the new striking system however the game has major flaws and overall took a major steps back in overall representation of MMA!
More is better!! That’s why UD3 Would’ve been by now light years ahead of this game!
Now let all the fanboys rip off their panties in anger by the comments he made, because he didn’t sound politically community correct for you guys it’s his opinion and he has some valid points, .... don’t get me wrong I’m a fan boy of MMA first!! Not just of a specific game developer!!
And some of you act like someone insulted your girlfriend or your mom don’t worry about the Devs I bet they have thick skin and are used to this!
They could only get better from now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-09-2018, 10:44 AM   #20
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
We shouldn't have to hold our tongue's just because the devs are nice guys and worked hard on the game. I totally respect that, but UFC 3 simply isn't good in a lot of areas. Issues need to be ironed out and new approaches considered. Staying quiet when we're not happy with the product helps nothing.

My point exactly criticism leads to changes but some of these guys act like their criticisms only count , they have a sense of false privilege because they want to game tailored specifically to them, every opinion counts and if you don’t have that mindset good luck with just pleasing 10 guys who post the most on these forms, The EA groupies!!

Old 02-09-2018, 10:55 AM   #21
Rookie

I want a video game that closely replicates the nuances of MMA; not a game calibrated and tweaked to death so some dude(s) can say they're #1 on a make-believe board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 11:14 AM   #22
Rookie

I am not saying people can’t complain and voice there opinions! I just can’t believe all the negative threads!
Old 02-09-2018, 11:20 AM   #23
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
I am not saying people can’t complain and voice there opinions! I just can’t believe all the negative threads!
You're not the only one.

there's more negativity lately on these forums than anything from UFC 2. And UFC 2 had stun lock parries on every strike and strikes that did almost no damage with no vulnerability system and random health events.

I'm honestly shocked.

Don't bother replying as I won't be visiting this thread again.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #24
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

I hope a lesson can be learned here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
You're not the only one.

there's more negativity lately on these forums than anything from UFC 2. And UFC 2 had stun lock parries on every strike and strikes that did almost no damage with no vulnerability system and random health events.

I'm honestly shocked.

Don't bother replying as I won't be visiting this thread again.

Ouch ! Someone hit a nerve.....
it all good! Believe in yourself bro it’s just a bump in the road , we got you!it will all be good at the end!!

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »