Home

Goalkeepers

This is a discussion on Goalkeepers within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2015, 03:09 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Goalkeepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Deaky
I'm testing to see if making all goalkeepers offensive will help them react a bit faster. They need to come out and defend the 6 yard box more and make themselves look big, but they mostly seem glued to the centre of the goal and that makes shots to the corners far too easy. I personally don't see them defend their near post well.

A big problem is though so many shots come in through the middle of the box, that's a problem that only tactics can fix.
think ive had it with this game. There is no fix to this and i highly doubt konami will tweak the goalies for us. Looks like I am going back to fifa on tuesday, trade this in. Unfortunate, but it is what it is. I want to buy a game and be able to enjoy it right out of the box...not spend few days tweaking so its not so easy to score goals...
Old 09-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Sneaky - try increasing their aggression. See if that makes them more ... aggressive to the ball. When I globally edited PES 13 (not fox engine of course) the increase in aggression (tenacity) resulted in the GK being just as aggressive as the field players.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:38 PM   #35
Rookie

Sadly Matt there isn't an aggression stat any more in game. Not since the fox engine. I wish there was! They removed so many stats over the last few games. They have added a few though.

For anyone who hasn't checked yet, here are the Goalkeeper specific stats which have been revamped a little for this game.

Goalkeepering - 40-99

"Indicates how quickly a player can respond to the ball when playing in goal"

Catching - 40-99

"Indicates the goalkeeper's accuracy when catching the ball. A higher value means the keeper can catch more powerful shots"

Clearing - 40-99

"Indicates the goalkeeper's accuracy when knocking balls away to safe areas"

Reflexes - 40-99

"Indicates the goalkeeper's accuracy when making quick reaction saves"

Deflecting - 40-99

"A higher value means that the keeper can make saves in a wider area"

I guess Goalkeepering, Reflexes and Deflecting would be the important abilities to look into at improving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 04:40 PM   #36
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Deaky
I'm testing to see if making all goalkeepers offensive will help them react a bit faster. They need to come out and defend the 6 yard box more and make themselves look big, but they mostly seem glued to the centre of the goal and that makes shots to the corners far too easy. I personally don't see them defend their near post well.

A big problem is though so many shots come in through the middle of the box, that's a problem that only tactics can fix.
You know you can make them come off their line anytime you want to. I haven't had any issues with what you're describing. I've played about 25 matches (online, BAL, ML, exhibition) and have only had 1 moments where I thought the keeper could be doing better.

I've seen ChaseB's keeper perform 2 double-saves from point blank range.

Don't get me wrong though, there are animations that need to be sped up and they still have some issue with finesse shots inside the box to the far corner but overall I have been OK with them.

I do think they are at a huge disadvantage because shot power and accuracy are overpowered by the CPU.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #37
Rookie

Just done a training session with palace and took around 100 shots inside the box aiming for the far corner, 85% of them went 15% went wide. The keeper did not make a single save! Really hope this gets sorted as its ruining my enjoyment.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:31 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
You know you can make them come off their line anytime you want to. I haven't had any issues with what you're describing. I've played about 25 matches (online, BAL, ML, exhibition) and have only had 1 moments where I thought the keeper could be doing better.

I've seen ChaseB's keeper perform 2 double-saves from point blank range.

Don't get me wrong though, there are animations that need to be sped up and they still have some issue with finesse shots inside the box to the far corner but overall I have been OK with them.

I do think they are at a huge disadvantage because shot power and accuracy are overpowered by the CPU.
Yes of course, you press triangle to send him out, and 9 times out of 10 the attacker chips them perfectly.

But I'm fine with them chipping my goalkeeper, even if the chip is always so accurate, I mean if you don't have the timing right you will get chipped, but if you get the timing right the goalkeeper will just get a touch on the chip and it usually lands behind him into the goal, or just over the bar. Or instead you rush out just quick enough to clear the ball away. It's all about timing. I'm fine with that.

But that's not my problem. I mean when the attack passes its way through the box, through the middle, the goalkeeper is glued to his line, in the center of the goal. And so most of the goals I see go straight into the net before the goalkeeper is even fully stretched to save. Check the replays of a lot of goals, the keeper sometimes hasn't even started the save animation until the ball is going just past him.

And I personally think the culprit is the overpowered shots, but also the goalkeeper's poor positioning and reactions.

And yes, I've seem some amazing reflex saves from close range shots. During those situations the goalkeeper's positioning is right, their awareness is right, and their reactions are quick.

So then when I see the goalkeepers in this game that do that slow "superman" dive, as I've heard it been called, to try and save a slow soft curling shot, and they don't get anywhere near it, I wonder what the problem is? The animations in those situations are obviously different and much slower than the fast reflex saves you can see in other situations. Why?
Old 09-19-2015, 05:37 PM   #39
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

I hear what you guys are saying, but to me, the keepers are better than last year. They drove me nuts last year! As long as I see progress, I generally don't get too upset about it. I just played nhl, and if you want to see bad keepers, play a few games of that then come to pro evolution. I've seen some great saves, and in the middle of the net that you'd think should be saved, but I can live with it. That close inside the box keepers have a hard time even in the centre of the net in real life.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:41 PM   #40
Rookie

It seems that the through balls by the CPU are a lot more effective than on the demo, both lobbed and on the ground. Could be that I'm playing with PSV instead of Roma. My backline is having a hell of a time keeping up with CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »