Home

PES 2019 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2018, 03:13 AM   #81
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2019 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

Did anyone notice the "goal" roar from the crowd when a side scores ?
Nice addition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 06:35 AM   #82
Rookie

NorthLdN's Arena

I'm very much a Fifa player as with the sliders it has been the closest thing to real football you can get in a game, imo. But I was PES through and through in the 'glory days' of PES 4 , 5 and 6, and I always play the PES demo every year to see if it's worth switching back. Here's my quick thoughts:

- good grief it looks amazing. Especially playing with the broadcast camera rather than whatever the default is, it looks so realistic. Give it a try if you haven't yet, it takes getting used to but you won't regret it!

- the passing feels 'weightier', which from my perspective is a good thing as it moves away from the ping-pong passing of previous titles. I think this might annoy more seasoned PES players who liked that aspect but it's so much more realistic.

- there are actual fouls committed by the AI. That may get removed in a patch but we live in hope!

- GKs are still not realistic - they don't dive realistically and they still never ever come off there line.

- There are still issues with spacing between the lines (e.g. between midfield and defence, midfield and attack) being too big, although I feel maybe this has improved slightly from 18. I must say for all the struggles that go into getting the lines in FIFA to compress and contract correctly each year using sliders, at least it's actually possible to do that in FIFA. Sometimes the positions taken up by players in PES is nearly laughable, the pitch sometimes feels far too big. This for me is the number one reason I've found PES hard to get on with in the past.

But even with that last point, I gotta say it is still a lot of fun!
Old 08-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #83
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Posted this is wrong thread.

Can someone help with what settings you guys use for switch and passing? I do not want to have to hit switch button on guy I am passing to, ruins flow for me.

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: GRINGOyGUAVA
twitch: HUNKERDOWN
Old 08-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Posted this is wrong thread.

Can someone help with what settings you guys use for switch and passing? I do not want to have to hit switch button on guy I am passing to, ruins flow for me.

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: GRINGOyGUAVA
twitch: HUNKERDOWN
i used control scheme b and I don't switch, i just pass and it auto switches to the guy who gets the ball

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-13-2018, 01:29 PM   #85
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
i used control scheme b and I don't switch, i just pass and it auto switches to the guy who gets the ball

Yeah I haven’t had any player switching issues when passing ball around. I use manual passing and keep everything else default.

With Manual passing, the game is so much more organic. I can play 10 min halves without feeling the game is too hectic. It’s much more methodical, which I love. The give and goes are much harder to pull off, especially at close range.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Yeah I haven’t had any player switching issues when passing ball around. I use manual passing and keep everything else default.

With Manual passing, the game is so much more organic. I can play 10 min halves without feeling the game is too hectic. It’s much more methodical, which I love. The give and goes are much harder to pull off, especially at close range.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Best part of manual is that you have 100% control of your through balls. Too many times on PA1 I've had through balls not quite go where i wanted them to.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-13-2018, 03:59 PM   #87
Pro

stevostl's Arena

PES 19 beta online is great.. played 10 matches or so online this weekend 1 v 1

offline can't really comment because not enough time really to fully test and only played a few offline

but online PES 19 beta reminds of exactly last year when I thought the PES 18 online beta was so awesome and addicting. They should not touch the pES 19 online beta and change it. last year the actual game changed from the PES 18 beta. I'm hoping that doesn't change this year. I would say at this point it plays online like the best footie sim ever. the pace and flow of the match in 1 v 1 online is absolutely perfect. there is also errant passes at times now on PA1 and the best part about the online play in PES is there is a counter for everything. if your opponent is abusing you in a certain way all game and you know exactly what he is trying to do already.. then there is a way to counter it. at least that is what I am experiencing and what makes this game so great online. I also have a great time when I lose matches online still playing it.. very enjoyable experience so far.

Last edited by stevostl; 08-13-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #88
MJH
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I just want one persons impressions to contain the words cpu commited a penalty and then I’m all in.*

Won a penalty last week, got it on video... just grabbed my phone really fast I was so surprised, put it down when the tutorial on how to shoot a pen popped up. I have it on my cell phone, not sure if I should post it because I swore a lot lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »