Home

Comic Book Fans....

This is a discussion on Comic Book Fans.... within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2006, 10:38 PM   #25
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Comic Book Fans....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I believe God is supposed to be "the bad guy" in it. Pretty damn controversial if you ask me!

Well then... maybe I won't get into that Comic...eh, the idea for the comic sounded cool up to that point though.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2006, 05:33 PM   #26
Th* m*n...

Slymm's Arena

OVR: 22

Just wanted to bump this to see what the heads are into right now. It'd be nice if folks could come and tell what they picked up this week and put others on. I finally got Civil War #1, the new New Avengers, Robin, I'm trying to get into Thuderbolts and got the most resent book, Teen Titans, and the latest Exiles.

Robin, Civil War, New Avengers and Exiles were great.
I'm still on the fence about Thunderbolts, although I am gonna pick up the Civil War tie in because the premise seems so good.

I think I'm done with Teen Titans. I'm not feeling the current story with the Doom Patrol.

Anyone else?
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
MLB: San Francisco Giants
Old 05-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdAnswer
The Ironman comic books out now are wonderful. It's the extremis Ironman. This girl Maya built him this suit that runs at the speed of thought, its wild. I read about it in his own comic book and the New Avengers comics.
Is that part of the Ultimate series.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:53 PM   #28
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by slymm21
Robin, Civil War, New Avengers and Exiles were great.
I'm still on the fence about Thunderbolts, although I am gonna pick up the Civil War tie in because the premise seems so good.

I think I'm done with Teen Titans. I'm not feeling the current story with the Doom Patrol.

Anyone else?
I haven't read the newest Robin yet, but the first two issues of the OYL line were great, I imagine the newest one is too.

I've been a bit behind on the new comics, mainly just reading 52, Superman, and Batman titles lately because I have been into some other comics. I just read the Team Zero 6-issue series, it was great. I really like Chuck Dixon and the stuff he did with Robin and Nightwing, but his 3 Team 7 story arcs made me want to get the Team Zero story. This past year I've really gotten into the Wildstorm Universe of superheroes like the Wildcats, Majestic, Gen 13, Authority and so on, and I've gone back and read most of the mid-90's Image comics that introduced them all, and that's where I've discovered Dixon's Team 7.

I'm not gonna give up on Teen Titans just yet, but I don't really like the Doom Patrol stuff either. I've read this series from the start as well as Young Justice in which it came from, so I'm not ready to write them off. Also, Robin's mission to re-clone Conner and Cassie's anger at the Titans for abandoning her after Conner died has been interesting to me. So I want to see how that works out.

This past week I've been reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City stories. I've really liked what's he's doing on Superman and Aquaman (although Aquaman has me really confused) right now so I went to check out his old stuff. I had always heard raves about Astro City, and I must say it is well deserved. I read first two TPB's "Life in the Big City" and "Confession" and they are completely awesome. I just won an auction on ebay that has all the Astro City single issues, so I can't wait to get that in and finish reading them rather than just buying the collected trades of them. I think there is an Astro City single issue coming out next month featuring Samaritan and there is still more on the Dark Ages arc coming out soon too.

slymm21, glad to see another comic reader around here. Keep me updated on what's going on in Civil War.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 05-25-2006, 06:37 PM   #29
Th* m*n...

Slymm's Arena

OVR: 22

No problem man. Not too much has happened yet in the Civil war books. Capt. America whooped SHIELD's *** when they tried to arrest him for going against the registration, and it looks like Iron Man, Hank Pym as yellow jacket, and Reed Richards are gonna take Cap down for the government. Should be pretty interesting to see what three of the smartest guys in Marvel can do against Captain America.

New Avengers is still behind. The team is fighting The Collective which looks to be a guy who got all the former mutant's powers. I haven't read the latest issue but the one before that said that The Sentry was gonna throw down with The Collective this issue so it should be good.

I used to love Superboy when he first came out. Then lost track when I dropped comics for a long time, damn shame he's dead. Maybe if he gets brought back I'll pick up Teen Titans. It seemed like he was the back bone of the team, seeing how messed up things have gotten for them. Was he?
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
MLB: San Francisco Giants
Old 05-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #30
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slymm21
I used to love Superboy when he first came out. Then lost track when I dropped comics for a long time, damn shame he's dead. Maybe if he gets brought back I'll pick up Teen Titans. It seemed like he was the back bone of the team, seeing how messed up things have gotten for them. Was he?
Robin was pretty much the head of the team. Officially Cyborg and Starfire were but Robin seemed to be pretty much the lead. Superboy's death was just real tragic for the team since he was Robin's best friend and Cassie's boyfriend. I think it will get better once they get through this Doom Patrol stuff, it's just DC marketing. Isn't Doom Patrol getting their own series? This just seems like a little bit of a kickoff since Beast Boy (or Changeling, whatever he's called now) defected the TT to go to Doom Patrol.

Atlanta Braves
Old 05-25-2006, 08:20 PM   #31
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm thinking of buying the Bruce Wayne: Murderer and the two Bruce Wayne: Fugitive TPBs.I found them for a great price on a comic book store's website. Luckily said store allows international orders.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2006, 08:33 PM   #32
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I'm thinking of buying the Bruce Wayne: Murderer and the two Bruce Wayne: Fugitive TPBs.I found them for a great price on a comic book store's website. Luckily said store allows international orders.
Good stories. I liked that storyline. Some good writers throughout those arcs too (Dixon, Rucka, Brubaker). You'll have to forgive the art in one of the Nightwing Fugitive issues, Trevor McCarthey is just plain bad IMO, he didn't last long on Nightwing.

Have you read the Officer Down series that took place not too long before this one? It's good too.

Atlanta Braves

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »