Home

Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread

This is a discussion on Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2008, 12:22 AM   #369
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread

MM4 is crack. Didn't get my copy in the mail yet, but there is a leaked version without the bonus songs. Love it, gave it one go round, and its real good. Favorite so far is, "My Dream" with Akon.

EDIT: It's on youtube....

Last edited by cjonesfan921; 08-29-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:42 AM   #370
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
New Lox/D-block - It's Like That

Nice track.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 08-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #371
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Rihanna Broke?

Quote:
She’s had number ones all over the world but is reportedly skint…

Rihanna has only $20,000 to her name- according to her ex-business manager.

According to blackarazzi.com the singer fired Patricia Williams and accused her of stealing her money when she realised the poor state of her finances.
Rest of the story available on the link provided.
http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/n...hanna-is-broke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #372
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Cam'ron announces comeback album and explains absence

Quote:
Harlem rapper Cam’ron recently made a special guest appearance on Dipset Radio to give fans an update on his current situation and announce the fall release of his next album, Crime Pays.

In a five-minute video clip with Miss Info, the former Roc-A-Fella artist calls Duke Da God to congratulate the Diplomat A&R on launching the station. Cam also explained why he’s been absent so long.

“I called to tell you congratulations on the station, you know I been running around and ain’t get the chance to call you up yet,” Cam said. “Right now, I’m in Switzerland buying watches. I always buy my watches from Switzerland—I’ll be back next week in the city.”

Not wasting any time, Cam revealed his plans to release the follow-up album to Killa Season.

“The album called Crime Pays will be out this November and when I get back I’mma come up to the station and f*ck with y’all.”

Cam recently ended his business relationship with protege Juelz Santana as he sold the Harlem rapper’s contract to Def Jam Recordings earlier this month.

According to Miss Info, Killa said he “sold Juelz’s contract to Def Jam for two million dollars” weeks before Juelz confirmed the sale by e-mail.

“Yeah, I’m free!! And ready to do me!! But it’s still Dipset 4 Life,” Juelz wrote. “I have a joint venture with Def Jam, a 50/50 deal…Yeah, it’s a new boss in town. Album is called Born to Lose, Built to Win!!!! (The rise of the skullgang). So just prepare for the future ‘cause I have.”

Later video footage featured Santana speaking on the difficulty of having Cam as a boss in recent years, and how he missed out on crucial guest appearances when Cam denied clearance.
sohh.com
Old 08-29-2008, 10:49 AM   #373
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
Budden and GAME on stage in the same time.

Quote:
Joe Budden and the Game finally made peace, and all it took was a phone call and a few text messages.

"I was asleep the other day, and I woke up to a text message saying, 'Big Joe, what up? This is Game,' " Budden said Wednesday (August 27). "I was like, 'Oh, somebody is playing on my phone again.' I hit him back with a bunch of question marks, and he hit me back with 'This is Game.' Still, I wasn't convinced yet. Then I started checking my messages, and apparently he was on [a New York radio] morning show and asking if anybody had my phone number and [said] he was trying to reach out to me. So I eventually called him. We had a great conversation, talked about a lot of things. He invited me to come to his show, come kick it. I took him up on it."

Joey Jump-Off jumped onstage with Game on Tuesday night during the Compton slugger's concert at New York's Irving Plaza.

Budden and Game were embroiled in a back-and-forth on the mixtape circuit in the mid-2000s, but that was never quite settled — at least, not in the public's eyes.

"Me and Game never really had an issue," Budden said. "It was more so a Joe Budden vs. G-Unit thing — which, at the time, [Game] happened to be a part of. So, I mean, it wasn't anything personal between myself and him. And it was so many years ago, and I think we both grown and gotten past all of that verbal bashing. I thought [Tuesday night's show] was great for hip-hop."

Budden and Game even appeared in a photo together during the height of the lyrical tension, but continued to dis each other.

"The picture was more so to say, 'We'll dead the beef, but we don't necessarily need to care for one another.' The situation last night was totally different. He showed me a whole lot of love. Him and his people. It was altogether a great experience. I was standing there [during the show] like a fan. Dude brought out Dana Dane, Kool Herc, Maino, who is like family to me. Rae and Ghost. I think all these people, who I am all cool with, were shocked to see me. But the energy in the building was great."

Joe performed "Pump It Up" and part of a record that had the whole Internet talking: "Who." In the song, he gives the fans evidence and suspects in search of the people responsible for the death of hip-hop. The record — close to 16 minutes in total — was broken down in three parts upon its initial release. Some have called it the hip-hop record of the year.

"I think so," Budden said, unabashed. "I think it's great."

Despite the track's length, the Jersey native said the song didn't take particularly long to write.

"Not too long," he divulged. "When you're writing something you're passionate about it, it doesn't take long," he said. "Three hours total. That was just the writing process. No, I'm lying. It might have been just four to five hours. The recording process was a whole separate issue."

"Who" was inspired by people asking Joe his opinion on the state of hip-hop, and he takes us through several eras in rap, name-dropping events like Game and Young Buck getting kicked out of the G-Unit, Lupe Fiasco forgetting lyrics during his A Tribe Called Quest tribute at the 2007 Hip-Hop Honors, Jay-Z becoming Def Jam president and KRS-One and Nelly's old beef.

"The funny thing is, my memory is normally horrible," he laughed. "I have a hard time remembering anything. But I wanted to make a timeline where certain events in hip-hop would act as photographs. Even when I said, 'Master P and them ugly-*** album covers,' it wasn't to say anything negative about that. But I think everybody in hip-hop remembers when, every other week, Master P was putting out an album with those funny-looking covers. I wanted to bring people back to a certain place and jog my memory as much as I could without going overboard. Remaining unbiased."

Budden's next album, Padded Room, comes out on Amalgam Digital on October 28. He'll be releasing at least one mixtape prior and says that collaborating with Game on a song or freestyle is a strong possibility.

"It's likely," he said. "You can never say."
Old 08-30-2008, 09:06 PM   #374
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Got my MM4 in the mail today, love it. Worth the $15. Also digging Freck's latest mixtape.

Can't wait for Budden to drop his mixtape as well. Still got to give LAX a listen, hearing it's dope, but we'll see. Same with Jeezy.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #375
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

What album is "Who" on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2008, 11:52 AM   #376
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena