Home

Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread

This is a discussion on Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #65
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread

Favorite Tracks off it:
1.Don't Touch Me Remix
2.Dope Boys
3.Gangsta
4.Big Dreams-Swear that beat goes SO hard man....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Have you heard the remix with Ya Boy and Juice? i like that one way better than the original one. Ya Boy tears it up.

Im talking about Big Dreams...

Last edited by DTX3; 07-14-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #67
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Yea..I got that track on Game's Street Kings mixtape. But yea Ya Boy did do his thing on there. I even thought that was the actual song and that it was gonna be on L.A.X but I don't think you can go wrong with either one tho.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #68
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Luda on Next Album:

Taken from HipHopDX
Quote:

A lot of emcees claim to be the best. Others claim to be kings and others believe they are gods. Ludacris is an emcee who does not lack confidence. Recently, he spoke openly about his self proclaimed greatness and added more information on upcoming projects and his forthcoming album, Theater of the Mind.

"I feel there is no rap style I cannot do. Unlimited amounts of ways I can come on the microphone. I feel like I'm the best doing the damn thing," he told MTV.

"Album number six is on the way. It's called 'Theater of the Mind,'" he continued. "So with that said, we got the mixtape, The Preview — the preview to the damn movie. It's all about lyrical exercise. I been gone, opening up a restaurant [in Atlanta], doing a couple of movies [RockNRolla and Max Payne] here and there, just a little bit of everything. It's time to get back in the music game. It's been a long time, but we back on that ***."

In his quest to come back, he has enlisted assistance from DJ Drama, who appears throughout The Preview.

"You gonna get a mixture of freestyles, new songs, snippets from Theater of the Mind, [past] songs where samples couldn't clear and make the album, but they still crazy-*** records. And me and Barack O'Drama talking a gang of ****. It's as simple as that."

Drama is excited about the mixtape, as he went to on exclaim.

"The first-ever Luda/DJ Drama Gangsta Grillz! This **** is history. It's the preview, the coming attractions. Get your popcorn. This time, [the production of the tape] worked out through the conversation. Luda already had the concept of the tape, it being the preview ... for the Theater of the Mind. When I heard [the word] 'preview,' my mind started immediately racing of how we should put it together. I said, 'Every beat, everything you get on has to be a movie.' On the microphone, he's already a monster, so it's kind of an easy thing. I like to give everything a beginning, middle and end. With a concept like The Preview, ['Cris] kinda made it too easy."

Enough of the mixtape talk, what can fans expect from the album? Luda explained a little more about the concepts hiding behind the forthcoming LP.

"Just as the name implies, the album is theatrical. Conceptual-wise, every song you hear plays out like a scene from the movie. Whether it's storytelling, me giving you the real of what's going on in the world, you gotta look at it as your imagination is gonna run wild every song you hear."
Old 07-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Yea..I got that track on Game's Street Kings mixtape. But yea Ya Boy did do his thing on there. I even thought that was the actual song and that it was gonna be on L.A.X but I don't think you can go wrong with either one tho.
Yeah, the remix is album worthy. Funny thing is, i heard Big Dreams might not even make LAX.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #70
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Don't know why he would keep that off the album...unless he think's Game's Pain is enough to carry the album itself.

Personally, I think it's one of the most underrated songs of the summer. It's got everything you want in a good single....production, lyrics,etc.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #71
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Nas Unveils North American Tour Plans:

Quote:
In between performance dates on this summer's Rock the Bells tour, rapper Nas will embark on a 21-date North American tour in support of his new untitled album, due tomorrow (July 15) via Def Jam.

The trek visits primarily clubs and theaters, beginning July 22 at the Metropolis in Montreal. From there it hits such markets as Atlanta, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Houston, Detroit and Chicago, before wrapping Sept. 5 at First Avenue in Minneapolis.

Along with Nas, the Guerilla Union-produced Jones Experience tour will feature support acts Talib Kweli, Jay Electronica and DJ Green Lantern.

In May, Nas dropped his forthcoming album's original title, "N*gger," and reclassified the album as an untitled project. The rapper's most recent album, 2006's "Hip-Hop Is Dead," has sold 758,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

As previously reported, Nas, Jay Electronica and DJ Green Lantern will also appear on Guerilla Union's 2008 Rock the Bells, which launches July 19 at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre in Tinley Park, Ill. Also appearing on the 10-date traveling hip-hop festival are A Tribe Called Quest, Mos Def, De La Soul, Rakim and the reunited Pharcyde, among others.

Nas and Talib Kweli appeared on select dates of last year's Rock the Bells concert series, which also included Rage Against The Machine, the Wu-Tang Clan, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, the Roots and Mos Def. Twelve shows tracked by Billboard Boxscore grossed $14.5 million and drew more than 203,000 concertgoers.
Damn, I'm PRAYING that they stop thru DC or Bmore man. Nas AND Talib Kweli....don't get no better than that man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #72
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

L.A.X Review courtest of www.dubcnn.com

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »