Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #8137
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The Marked Ones only made 18.2 million this weekend, it is the lowest out of the 5 Paranormal Activity movies. Good thing for them, The Marked Ones only cost 5 million to make.
I heard the movie is pure trash. So good on them because I don't see them getting much more in the way of box office.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-05-2014, 09:26 PM   #8138
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

Enjoyed Frozen this past weekend.

Also saw We're the Millers (as have most people in this thread), solid movie, had some good laughs. Any suggestions for other comedies to watch?
Old 01-05-2014, 09:55 PM   #8139
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

2 Guns
Entertaining for a Sunday movie night. Although if it didn't have Marky Mark and Coach Boone I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it as much.

As for The Marked Ones. The only marketing I saw was TV previews showing the crowd screaming and that it apparently totally different. I had no idea it was coming out until last week. Was there more than that?
Old 01-05-2014, 10:32 PM   #8140
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

From what I read from movie review sites, it is a spin off movie trying to attract the latino audience into the Paranormal series. Kind of weird that part 5 is coming out later this year. IMO the down fall of the series is that this series is TOO LONG to the point people come away with a, "they really milking this storyline for every dollar they can get" type of vibe.

To me, part 3 should be the end of any movie series. Wrap it up. Beyond that, it just becomes forced.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:20 PM   #8141
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Anchorman 2
Wife and I saw this today and really enjoyed it. I tried not to read any reviews after the film was released and I think that helped, as I went in with no pre-conceived notions of what this film was.

This was just a silly comedy, which I always enjoy when the writing is good. I thought the story for the sequel was good and compared to a lot of comedy sequels, I'd say this was one of the stronger ones.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #8142
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Drinking Buddies

It's not even over yet, but unless the last 20 minutes are just mindblowing I can safely say it's only okay. Plenty watchable, but the cast makes promises that the movie doesn't pay off.

Seriously, how does a movie starring Olivia Wilde, Anna Kendrick, Jake Johnson, Jason Sudeikis, and Ron Livingston end up being this thoroughly meh?

Whatever. If someone wants to watch it with you, don't be afraid of it. But don't seek it out on your own.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:43 AM   #8143
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11
What movies have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The Marked Ones only made 18.2 million this weekend, it is the lowest out of the 5 Paranormal Activity movies. Good thing for them, The Marked Ones only cost 5 million to make.
I think it's worth noting that PA4.5 (as I have taken to calling this) was released in January (odd play for a horror movie) and a snow storm smacked the mid west and threatened the east coast, keeping a lot of people inside in some states. But whatever the case is, the series really fell off with 4 and I think the numbers reflect that. It's too bad because this most recent one really deserves to be rewarded with the kind of money that 2 or 3 made because it's arguably better than both of them.

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 01-06-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:05 AM   #8144
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Wait. People actually like Paranormal Activity?

Well, okay. Interesting.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »