Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #8057
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Saw Frozen today with my little sister, was pretty good. Probably the best movie Disney has been apart of since Finding Nemo I guess. (Not counting Marvel)
Explain that, because I don't actually know what Disney is "a part of" and not. Do you mean to say they aren't a part of films like Toy Story and How to Train Your Dragon? I am just curious, or perhaps you haven't seen those or thought less of them?

What about Tangled? I think most of the people that were a part of that were also a part of this, and I loved that movie... but more for the two main characters (and that they were human), which is why I'm turned off a bit from Frozen.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #8058
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

I just said a part of cause idk what they actually make or don't make these days anymore with their different studios, etc.

But yeah I just thought more of this one and less of most Disney movies in recent memory although I still somehow haven't seen Toy Story 3
Old 12-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #8059
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
I just said a part of cause idk what they actually make or don't make these days anymore with their different studios, etc.

But yeah I just thought more of this one and less of most Disney movies in recent memory although I still somehow haven't seen Toy Story 3
Okay. Again, I was just curious because Finding Nemo was made by Pixar, though I still call all of those "Disney movies."

I think the Pixar lineup is as follows:

Toy Story 1, 2, & 3
A Bug's Life
Monsters Inc & University
Finding Nemo
UP
Cars 1 & 2
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Brave

I might be missing something. Anyway, the only one of these I wasn't a fan of was Brave (UP was kind of on the low end as well). I'm not a huge fan of the recent Dreamworks animated films except for the one I mentioned in How to Train Your Dragon, and I loved Tangled as well. Like I said, outside of that I don't really like too many of the animated films. None of the Ice Age, Madagascar, Shrek, etc. Happy Feet was just okay, but nothing I'd buy.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 12-28-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #8060

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Man...

The Ice Age movies are fantastic. Probably my favorite animated films (in that 'vein' of animation.)

Studio Ghibli > any American company in terms of animated movies though.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #8061
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

We're The Millers - Eh. Some funny parts, and it was an okay movie, I was just hoping it'd be funny. Jennifer Aniston is still awesome. Also, one of the bloopers shown at the credits with her is pretty funny.

Next up is The Wolverine. Excited about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #8062
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

My wife bought me The Hobbit:AUJ Extended Edition on bluray for Xmas and agreed to watch it with me I liked the additional footage; it was so seamless and the film flow was great.

Watched all nine hours of the extras which were the usual outstanding quality for the EE's.

She agreed to go see Smaug with me Tuesday or Wednesday

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 12-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #8063
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
Wolf on Wall Street

It was okay. Just a little to raunchy for my tastes. I know it should be expected from a Scorcese film, but he took it to a whole 'notha level in this one. I laughed a ton though.
Doesn't surprise me, Scorcese had to make extra cuts to the finished film to avoid an X rating.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #8064
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

A Night of Adventure (1944)

Pretty enjoyable B film that sees George Sanders' brother Tom Conway starring as a suave, quick thinking lawyer who is unfortunately rather inattentive to his wife who finds another man only to see him (Conway) being asked to defend the lover when he's embroiled in a murder plot.

The movie has quite a bit of setup in the 1st half but the 2nd half has a rather compelling (if a bit improbable) courtroom drama that is actually quite entertaining. There are lots of neat little scenes and one witness steals the show with her hilarious burlesque girl antics.

Solid little flick that is a remake of an earlier movie which I will eventually watch at some point.

*** stars

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »