Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2016, 07:30 AM   #11225
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Rewatched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes the other night, man I forgot how incredible that movie is, I just love it. Unreal how sympathetic the apes are, technology is an amazing thing.

I need to see Jungle Book.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2016, 02:04 PM   #11226
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Deadpool

Bought the Blu-ray as a birthday gift for my friend, but last night I was itching to see it (hadn't seen it yet), so I opened her present and bought another disc online. I figured hell, if I truly didn't like it, she could take an opened copy. She probably wouldn't even know the difference that it's shrink-wrapped. If it makes anyone feel better, she will be getting my opened copy of Star Wars: The Force Awakens when I get the 3D release as well, and she is totally cool with that.

Anyway, I thought the movie was good. No more shock value of vulgarity and gore after two Kick-*** films, but they kept it fresh by breaking the fourth wall a lot, breaking up the timeline, and keeping the drive a short one. They also found a way for me to not hate T.J. Miller in one of his roles. Reynolds of course nailed his role, and left me wanting more for a sequel (or perhaps a tie-in with the X-Men franchise somehow as long as 20th Century Fox has both licenses).

The action scenes were a different visual style from the rest of the film, having this comic book/Frank Miller style like it's right off the pages, and although I was totally cool with it, it did feel a bit rushed or cheap at the same time. I have yet to research this film's budget or shooting schedule (or their box office take for that matter), but I can imagine that after this one, if they get in a sequel it will perfect the style they were going for and I will be nothing but satisfied. Speaking of which, I've mentioned the last name Miller twice and haven't yet referred to the director Tim Miller. Are these three Millers related? I have to research that as well.

Good fun, not my favorite CBM by any means but an acceptable change of pace and well deserving of a sequel/universe expansion.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 05-24-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #11227
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Bought Deadpool as a birthday gift for my friend, but last night I was itching to see it (hadn't seen it yet), so I opened her present and bought another disc online. I figured hell, if I truly didn't like it, she could take an opened copy. She probably wouldn't even know the difference that it's shrink-wrapped. If it makes anyone feel better, she will be getting my opened copy of Star Wars: The Force Awakens when I get the 3D release as well, and she is totally cool with that.

Anyway, I thought the movie was good. No more shock value of vulgarity and gore after two Kick-*** films, but they kept it fresh by breaking the fourth wall a lot, breaking up the timeline, and keeping the drive a short one. They also found a way for me to not hate T.J. Miller in one of his roles. Reynolds of course nailed his role, and left me wanting more for a sequel (or perhaps a tie-in with the X-Men franchise somehow as long as 20th Century Fox has both licenses).

The action scenes were a different visual style from the rest of the film, having this comic book/Frank Miller style like it's right off the pages, and although I was totally cool with it, it did feel a bit rushed or cheap at the same time. I have yet to research this film's budget or shooting schedule (or their box office take for that matter), but I can imagine that after this one, if they get in a sequel it will perfect the style they were going for and I will be nothing but satisfied. Speaking of which, I've mentioned the last name Miller twice and haven't yet referred to the director Tim Miller. Are these three Millers related? I have to research that as well.

Good fun, not my favorite CBM by any means but an acceptable change of pace and well deserving of a sequel/universe expansion.

The movie killed it at the box office...and the budget was something around $50-60 million, I think. It did 132 million opening weekend. And has done about 760 million worldwide according to Boxofficemojo.com.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:45 PM   #11228
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
The movie killed it at the box office...and the budget was something around $50-60 million, I think. It did 132 million opening weekend. And has done about 760 million worldwide according to Boxofficemojo.com.
Wow! And thanks for doing the research for me. I left the computer after I posted.

Yeah, I am all stoked for a sequel then. Where all Reynolds wants to do is stay true to the comic, this is an example where only more money can probably do no harm for this film series.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-22-2016, 04:27 PM   #11229
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Fox does own the rights for both Deadpool and X-men but the tone is so different I don't know if it'll work. It can work with the New Mutants and X Force for sure.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 05-24-2016, 01:29 PM   #11230
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Bought Deadpool as a birthday gift for my friend, but last night I was itching to see it (hadn't seen it yet), so I opened her present and bought another disc online. I figured hell, if I truly didn't like it, she could take an opened copy. She probably wouldn't even know the difference that it's shrink-wrapped. If it makes anyone feel better, she will be getting my opened copy of Star Wars: The Force Awakens when I get the 3D release as well, and she is totally cool with that.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 05-24-2016, 01:53 PM   #11231
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS

To be fair, both BD's have the slip-covers that give the "brand new" illusion anyway because they normally aren't shrink-wrapped over as is. Also, I liked Deadpool enough that I'm keeping it, so she'll get a brand new copy anyway. And she agreed to the SW deal to which I was referring. She said she'd be delighted to have it!

I think the real giveaway would be if she tried to apply the digital copy codes only to find out they had been applied.

... but I wouldn't go that low, haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 06:03 PM   #11232
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Triple 9. Made it about 1/2 way through and was still waiting for it to start, of sorts. It was a bit like BM vs. SM.... all over the place. Great cast, but it just wasn't doing it for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »