Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2016, 07:12 PM   #11201
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Rented the new Point Break. Wow. The script was laughably bad and the acting was some of the worst I've seen in the last few years. The acting makes Keanu Reeves look like Leo. It has a few half-decent action sequences, but all in all its just a baaaaaad movie. Stick to the original.

Last edited by CC; 05-10-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 08:33 PM   #11202
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Deadpool...such a great movie. Reynolds nailed the role, perfectly. It redeemed what happened in Origins. If you need a recommendation for an action/comedy movie w/o kids present this is for you. I definitely stand by my opinion of not wanting kids to see this.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:54 AM   #11203
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Deadpool...such a great movie. Reynolds nailed the role, perfectly. It redeemed what happened in Origins. If you need a recommendation for an action/comedy movie w/o kids present this is for you. I definitely stand by my opinion of not wanting kids to see this.
Agreed, any parent who just says "oh it's a comic book movie" and has a kid watch it are IDIOTS.

BTW dunno if you saw this

Obviously NSFW

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 05-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #11204
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Thief(1981) - With James Caan and directed by Michael Mann(Jerry Bruckheimer producing as well). Already a huge fan of Michael Mann, caught it on the MGM movie channel. Music was also good with Tangerine Dream doing the soundtrack. Liked most of the movie, but
Spoiler

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Last edited by LambertandHam; 05-14-2016 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:22 AM   #11205
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I recall that title but don't think I've seen it. I think Hollyweird was expecting Caan to be a bigger star than he panned out to be. I think Rollerball was supposed to put him over the top, but it just wasn't all that good in execution. Always liked Caan in a support role though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2016, 12:41 PM   #11206
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I recall that title but don't think I've seen it. I think Hollyweird was expecting Caan to be a bigger star than he panned out to be. I think Rollerball was supposed to put him over the top, but it just wasn't all that good in execution. Always liked Caan in a support role though.
Agreed. Obvious roles like The Godfather. I really liked him in an episode of the old "Alfred Hitchcock Show" that Starz or Showtime use to show. He was a fresh out of college journalist trying to do a story about street gangs.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 05-15-2016, 02:02 PM   #11207
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I think Caan was one of those guys where he can't be the anchor for a major production but put him in a gritty, down to earth dramatic film and he does perfectly well as a leading man. Caan would've been very successful in the old Hollywood system days IMO packaged in the mold of a Bogart or Cagney. That being said, he did have some really good leading roles such as The Gambler, Freebie and the Bean, The Killer Elite and Hide in Plain Sight all movies that reinforces my point that "smaller" more grittier productions were more in his wheelhouse.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 05-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #11208
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Hello, My Name is Doris

How can you not like Sally Field in just about anything? She was really good in this. Had what I would say is one extremely funny moment, with the rest being fairly light-hearted. Max Greenfield (you know him as Schmidt in New Girl) was largely the straight man. He had one "Schmidt" moment during the film. Good date movie. In the mid-80's on Rotten Tomatoes if that matter to you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »