Home

Saturday Night Live

This is a discussion on Saturday Night Live within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #33
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26
re: Saturday Night Live

I thought the chick that did Miley Cyrus last night was hilarious.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
The Unstoppable Trailer was also good. Jay's impression of Denzel is hilarious.
That was the hardest I've laughed at SNL in years. That guy is REALLY good.

Quote:
She fascinates me in that she's able to keep it cool no matter how many cast members are close to breaking on screen. I'm not sure how she does it, keeps a straight face and still utters the lines that will only make the rest of the cast continue to laugh.
She's an entertainer, and a very good one at that.

Quote:
SNL has been on life support for a few years now. It used to be entire episodes where hilarious but now you have to really get lucky to see just one funny skit.
I agree for the most part, but still, it's an institution. SNL is a legendary show and I can't imagine TV without it. I think for the most part they've just lacked the really talented people since the 90's era. A good majority of what they have isn't funny or edgy or anything. Jimmy Fallon was a cast member for how long? That guy was other-worldly terrible.

Jay is a really good guy to build on, because him as Denzel is awesome. Have we ever seen a Denzel impression before? At least one that good? Imagine how funny it will be when Denzel inevitably shows up for a skit with him.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 24

This show's still on the air?

Hasn't been funny since.............since...............well, the original NRFPT (Not Ready For Primetime) players: Chase, Akroyd, Belushi, Curtain, Radner, etc...

I'll also mention Eddie Murphy. Buckwheat.....Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood.....Gumby.......funny stuff there!

Well what do I know. I'm just an old fart who tried watching recent SNL's, only to turn them off after the opening monologues.......

*ducks out of thread*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2010, 03:17 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I try a lot of times to watch SNL, but I can just never get into it because it's usually just not that funny.

They have a few really good cast members like Jay Pharaoh and Bill Hader, but that's about it. Samberg is decent at best and that Keenan Thompson guy is just terrible. I don't know how he's still even on the show after all this time.

Forgot to mention back when the episode where Kanye was the musical guest that I was really surprised they didn't have him and Jay do something because Jay's Jay-Z impression is pretty much perfect.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #37
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

I actually thought last night's episode was one of the better one's I've seen in awhile.

The MegaMart Black Friday Ad was hilarious.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
and that Keenan Thompson guy is just terrible.
He's seriously, seriously, bad. I still can't believe he's been on the show as long as he has, considering it's like a professional comedy sketch show and everything. His impressions are beyond dreadful, and everything he does is simply lame. It's like he thinks he's still on All That.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
He's seriously, seriously, bad. I still can't believe he's been on the show as long as he has, considering it's like a professional comedy sketch show and everything. His impressions are beyond dreadful, and everything he does is simply lame. It's like he thinks he's still on All That.
Yup. Not to mention he always seems to be laughing during a lot of the skits he's in. I guess he doesn't realize not many other people are laughing with him because he's terrible.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #40
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
I thought the chick that did Miley Cyrus last night was hilarious.
That's the second time she's done that skit and she is a perfect caricature of Miley Cyrus.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »