Home

Amazon Firestick vs Amazon FireTV

This is a discussion on Amazon Firestick vs Amazon FireTV within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2017, 05:13 PM   #25
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Amazon Firestick vs Amazon FireTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
for those that have the firestick.
Is there a way to remove all the menu items so there are just the icons you use??

I only use the ps vue and kodi app icons.
Then there are all the other icon on there that confuses my wife.

Is there any way to remove all that crap?
To a point. There's built in ones. But if that's all you generally use, they'll be the first 2 choices.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 08:24 PM   #26
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Tried cutting the cord like a year or 2 ago. That only lasted a couple of weeks maybe a month. Tried Kodi, but the quality was trash on a lot of content. Tried sling tv and even with 100mbs hard wired it would still pixelate and cut off. It was driving me nuts and the app quality was awful. Then, I finally tried PS Vue and it was a lot nicer than the first 2 options, but 3 things about it drove me nuts. 1) Only 720p 2) No 5.1 sound only stereo and 3) many of my sports channels were missing. After about a month I caved in and went back to cable. I think the simplistic nature of watching cable made it easier for my wife and kid to watch tv too.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:17 AM   #27
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
Tried cutting the cord like a year or 2 ago. That only lasted a couple of weeks maybe a month. Tried Kodi, but the quality was trash on a lot of content. Tried sling tv and even with 100mbs hard wired it would still pixelate and cut off. It was driving me nuts and the app quality was awful. Then, I finally tried PS Vue and it was a lot nicer than the first 2 options, but 3 things about it drove me nuts. 1) Only 720p 2) No 5.1 sound only stereo and 3) many of my sports channels were missing. After about a month I caved in and went back to cable. I think the simplistic nature of watching cable made it easier for my wife and kid to watch tv too.
Exactly!

I got my cable/internet bill down enough to where the ease of use was worth it....plus having the DVRs.

My big concerns are the streaming quality and worrying about data caps too...Add that to the more annoying ease of use and no real DVR, it just isn't amazing yet. I more hope that this causes the cable/satellite companies to adapt more.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
yeah. when a cable company comes to my town, I will definitely get the internet cable package deal with them.
The only problem then will be having all the cable wires and crap. another reason I like using the vue and firestick is because its all wireless and you don't have cable boxes all over the place.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #29
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I just did the exact same thing.
I cut the cord and went with DIRECTV NOW. Wow what a mess that was.
It was only $40 but I had to pay $60 a month for my hi speed wifi so I was at $100.
My cable was $180 for wifi, cable, and home phone.
After a week I knew I couldn't stay with Directv Now. It would cut out every 5 minutes or so for about 10 seconds each time, it drove me crazy.
Also a lot of my channels would be missing from time to time, especially my Fox Sports Ohio which I must have. And the kicker was no local channels.
I am now back with Comcast and I cut HBO and limited cable to just two rooms and my bill is $150. Still more than I want to pay but it is so much nicer.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:14 PM   #30
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Not me. Its much cheaper than when i had tv with direct tv.

Im not missing channels i already watched including fox sports and i have no data caps with a 300mbps connection.

I'm sure location matters but i havent regretted dropping that satellite company even for an hour.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:16 PM   #31
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
Amazon Firestick vs Amazon FireTV

I have both. They both do the same except the fire TV is smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SeaTownGamer; 01-18-2017 at 08:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #32
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Not me. Its much cheaper than when i had tv with direct tv.

Im not missing channels i already watched including fox sports and i have no data caps with a 300mbps connection.

I'm sure location matters but i havent regretted dropping that satellite company even for an hour.
Rare to see no data cap whatsoever...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »