Home

Canadian Television

This is a discussion on Canadian Television within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2017, 05:48 PM   #49

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Canadian Television

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I believe it's an hour long show. I could definitely see it being a mashup of the traditional sports highlight show and the kind of stuff Tim & Sid do on Sportsnet.
Maybe a sports highlight show mixed in with their comedy bits.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #50
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Well I watched Jay and Dan. I feel like they were both a bit rusty (moreso Dan than Jay) but overall it wasn't bad. I do like that they toned down some of their craziness as I think that's one reasonable criticism against them. The show seemed to have a nice mellow feel to it like two guys just talking about sports even when doing the highlights.

The variety of the highlights they showed was another bonus especially showing some of stuff that went on during the storm delay in the Argos/Ti-Cats Labour Day game. The best highlight though was seeing that young lady in the collegiate soccer game get absolutely DESTROYED by a ball kicked into her face.

I think it's going to take about a week or two before Jay and Dan really kick it into gear but it was great seeing them again. I also like that TSN hasn't made their other anchors and personnel irrelevant as they have the "normal" SportsCentre on a couple of the other TSN channels. So if you want something more traditional you can watch that.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-05-2017, 10:44 PM   #51

Majingir's Arena

They can't overdo it either which will be a learning thing. Don't want every show to just be forced jokes and same bits over and over. But you also don't want to have it just as another recap show.

It'll definitely get better with more to work with. Mlb highlights when jays are playing for nothing and they can't use SN feed, golf highlights, CFL highlights..... Once the other sports are back, they'll have lots more material.

Side note, but them joking about having more nhl than given credit for makes me think TSN won't ever back away from SN hockey coverage. They'll always be bitter over that deal. Like they'd actually pay to keep the iconic hockey theme just to spite Rogers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 10:23 PM   #52

Majingir's Arena

Amazing race Canada finale..... On paper the best team won, but I wanted team Giver to win. Easily most entertaining. If they have returnees season, they'll be in for sure.

2nd time my fave team finished 2nd, s2 big upset was first.

So far I'd rank the seasons 5,2,1,3,4.

Last edited by Majingir; 09-12-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:16 PM   #53
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Just finished the season. I wanted Team Giver to win also but would have been happy with any of the final 3 teams winning. Just glad the team who came 4th didn't win. Didn't like them since the husband was showboating and dancing during that bowling challenge a few weeks back. Then went on to bowl three straight gutter balls.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:56 AM   #54
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Watched Bad Blood last not on City TV. It is a 6-part mini-series about a Montreal based mafia organization.

Stars Anthony LaPaglia (Without A Trace), Paul Sorvino (Law & Order, Goodfellas), Kim Coates (Sons Of Anarchy) and Enrico Colantoni (Person Of Interest, Vernoica Mars, Just Shoot Me).

Really enjoyed the first episode.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #55
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
Watched Bad Blood last not on City TV. It is a 6-part mini-series about a Montreal based mafia organization.

Stars Anthony LaPaglia (Without A Trace), Paul Sorvino (Law & Order, Goodfellas), Kim Coates (Sons Of Anarchy) and Enrico Colantoni (Person Of Interest, Vernoica Mars, Just Shoot Me).

Really enjoyed the first episode.
I forgot it was on last night. I will definitely check it out. I had the feeling it was a full run series and not a mini but either way it looks interesting.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #56

Majingir's Arena

Schedules just getting stupider and stupider. Apparently Arrow will be airing new episodes Thursdays on Space and reruns of that Space airing the following Wednesday on CTV2.

So CW shows are airing on CTV, CTV2, Showcase, Space....... What a mess. Can't even keep track of which is on which network for any show. Of the 4 big USA networks I watch, the shows I watch are divided up among 6 diff channels in Canada. I'm sure number is higher if you compare every networks show. Combined with local sports games airing on either SN, sn1, sn360, TSN, tsn2.... Canadian TV scheduling is a big time mess.

I have to double check every week to make sure my Dvr records right channel because on occasion a show moves from CTV to CTV2 or vice versa. Or just randomly gets bumped from 730 to 8,even though USA airing doesn't change.

Last edited by Majingir; 10-12-2017 at 05:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »