Home

Big Brother 20

This is a discussion on Big Brother 20 within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #41

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Big Brother 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
This has started off as a very weird season to me.
I usually have a favorite that I pull for by now, but I really cannot stand any of them.
They all act so childish and just generally get on my nerves!
The Nicole Richie look a like crying and falling to her knees when she won HOH has just very weird!
Its also very strange that what 6 episodes in and they really have not given any camera time to over half the cast yet. I don't know hardly anything about most of them yet.
Once we hit jury, that's when game picks up. It's kind of funny, Kaitlyn reminds me of someone I used to know. Looks and acts just like them too.

But the fact that they have most/least trending fan voting, but don't actually show certain HGs (or show certain ones alot) is why I said they could steer voting in certain directions. I heard a Julie interview saying that these apps aren't about most/least popular, it's based on what you do in the house (So Sam got it because people were talking about her more due to her being a robot. Though I find that contradictory to the voting to begin with since it's asking people questions like who's entertaining, annoying and so on).

Any guesses on what the remaining app powers might be?

My guess (Redraw,Identity Theft and Read It I wouldn't be surprised if I was right,or close to right. The other 3 are complete guesses)

Most trending:
-Redraw = Ability to select the 3 other HGs in the veto comp
-Identity Theft = Can swap places with a houseguest at any moment (So if you're on the block AFTER the veto ceremony, you can swap with any HG (minus the HOH), meaning they'll be on the block and you'll be safe)
-Upgrade = Either upgrading a power(like turning a regular veto into diamond veto), or upgrade spot in the house(you can upgrade your spot from regular HG to co-HOH)

Least trending:
-Fake news = You must spread fake news stories about yourself to the house (the stories are selected by BB themselves, so it could be things like "I'm related to a past BB houseguest")
-Read It = Wearing noise cancelling headphones (so you can only lip read what people are saying)
-Spammed = Similar to the Ham punishment, you must eat Spam?

Last edited by Majingir; 07-09-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2018, 08:41 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Rachel getting least trending made sense, just like Fezzy getting it made sense. I didn't even know her name was Rachel, she's never on screen. Same with Angela, who I just had to look up, or Bro Brett. Unless something happens this week involving them I'd bet one of those two is next. Winston was one of my guesses this week but now if he's trying to start ish with Swaggy he'll be a trender

Swag is so mad about not being most trending lol
Old 07-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #43
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Most trending:
-Redraw = Ability to select the 3 other HGs in the veto comp
-Identity Theft = Can swap places with a houseguest at any moment (So if you're on the block AFTER the veto ceremony, you can swap with any HG (minus the HOH), meaning they'll be on the block and you'll be safe)
-Upgrade = Either upgrading a power(like turning a regular veto into diamond veto), or upgrade spot in the house(you can upgrade your spot from regular HG to co-HOH)
Yeah Re-draw seems like it would definitely be something to do with picking players for veto comp.

Identity theft would be overpowered in that fashion so I don't think that would be it, I think that will be you can steal a vote from someone, hopefully the other person still votes as normal just without knowing their vote didn't count, think of the paranoia that would spread through the house.

Upgrade I think you nailed it, I'm betting it will be co-HOH but wouldn't be surprised by the veto being upgraded either.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Old 07-10-2018, 04:44 PM   #44

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniM1ke
Identity theft would be overpowered in that fashion so I don't think that would be it, I think that will be you can steal a vote from someone, hopefully the other person still votes as normal just without knowing their vote didn't count, think of the paranoia that would spread through the house.
I didn't think about the vote steal one for identity theft. That could be a possible option too. Either make it like Survivor where you have to announce the vote steal before the vote (and "show your cards"), or make it a hidden vote steal, so nobody knows what happened with the voting numbers (usually the "mystery vote" is the thing which causes the most drama on a modern season of BB).
Old 07-11-2018, 12:26 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Wondering who is going to win the vote next week. It could be a key to what happens in the game.

Hoping this has been an interesting week. If not, you have the side of the house with basically 0 air time outside of 2-3 people, having control.

Production is going to have to switch things up quickly if that happens.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 06:49 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 0

I suspect most of the people voting are also watching feeds. Has anyone here ever voted in a single BB thing?
Old 07-11-2018, 11:30 PM   #47

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I suspect most of the people voting are also watching feeds. Has anyone here ever voted in a single BB thing?

I think casual fans MIGHT vote, but might vote more honestly (like actually answering the questions). While more hardcore fans will choose to vote the person they want to win for all of their answers. These players aren't exactly "trending" though, they're simply winning or losing a popularity contest. If BB really wanted to do trending and not trending, they'd use social media analytics and track how many times each HG gets mentioned, regardless if it's people talking about them during the show, or discussing live feeds.

Tonights episode I thought was funny. Those BB dating profiles were so funny. Boogie only going on dates with a discount, Jodis dislike was Dan, Michelles loves crying LOL. And Kaitlyn being like "Jodi..I don't even know who she is". And that guy coming in and yelling all the time, especially that random one where he just storms into the diary room. Though that's far from a punishment. More like comedic relief, especially compared to "shove your face filled with (ham) on a regular basis for DAYS".

Jess & Cody returning. BB trying to give Cody another random edit, giving him robot sound effects. After watching Amazing Race, you realize just how much BB messed with his edit, because he was good on Amazing Race.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:22 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

I probaby should have assumed that!

I thought tonight's episode was not bad, too. But, man, Kaitlyn really sucks at this game. Yes, big moves are good. Yes, getting rid of Swaggy makes sense.

Turning on your entire alliance without securing another group to work with is dumb. All she is now is someone that no one will ever trust again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »