Home

Ok time to break ya heart

This is a discussion on Ok time to break ya heart within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Ok time to break ya heart

Waited for someone else to say it.

But you want to know what VC football guys are doing. Here ya go

Quote:
Instead, we recently learned that the NFL 2K developers were combined with the NBA 2K team to begin work on NBA 2K6 for the Xbox 360. EA may have squashed the competition in football, but it better watch its back in when it comes to hoops.
So for those who were holding on for dear life of an E3 announcement But that doesn't mean a game isn't being worked on, it does mean that one is not immanent. Ohh yeah, quote from ign http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/613/613092p1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2005, 10:15 PM   #2
MVP

rpac44's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Ok time to break ya heart

well, i know some people are ticked, but for me this sounds good, i buy madden for football and eson for bball so its all good
NHL-Blackhawks
MLB-White Sox
EPL-Chelsea
Old 05-12-2005, 10:45 PM   #3
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Just wait till E3 to get your hopes up. If not word of a game, well go play real football
Old 05-12-2005, 10:55 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

It's not about E3. The team got divided up and began helping on other projects since being acquired by Take Two and they have not been putting their full energy into football. You can hope all you want. And I will take a line from I believe it was Two Towers in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. "Do not trust the hope. Such is forsaken in these lands." As wharton said on here along time ago. Alot of people are EXPECTING. They are TRUSTING the hope. If you do that you will only upset yourself.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Oh well. My guess is that Take 2 & VC will abandon football...period. They seem to want to put all their eggs in Basketball, Baseball & Hockey. The absence of the NFL license is a killer and I suspect it will be even harder to enter the marketonce Madden really gets a foothold. EA, ESPN & the NFL have sewn it up regarding football. And EA even has the NCAA & Arena too. Guess VC & Take Two considered it too risky and folded their tent.

Personally, baseball, basketball & hockey games are nothing I will spend a great deal of time with despite the graphics. I just don't like playing any sports game other than football. I own ESPN basketball and played ooccasionally versus the A.I., but that's about it. Except for the die-hards, these games are popular for about a month and then drop off fast. I have yet to even play in a ESPN Basketball league that lasted more than a few weeks

So, come August, ESPN 2K5 football joins Tecmo Bowl, Joe Montana, Gameday & NFL Fever as a LEGEND and will forever haunt Madden due to "what could have been had there not been an exclusive license." Yeah, I might play the game with close friends on occasion...but I sadly accept that it is over. Long Live Madden!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2005, 11:56 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 21

Sad news, no doubt. After looking at Madden's stiff and still goofy looking models for XB360 I'm that much more depressed. The one positive is that the combined VC team seems to be creating a BEAST in NBA2k6. Still, I don't see what was so wrong with people holding out hope that VC would come through with a football game. Hell, I think hope is the one thing that'll carry people if Madden continues on the track it looks like it's heading in.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:01 AM   #7
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

This is disapointing for die-hard football fans like my self,

but if your a 2k sports fan or just a sports fan in general i recommend checking out the NBA 2k6 video on MTV's website, the graphics look amazing.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:09 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

I did not say they were not planning a football title. I just said hope for E3 MIGHT cause your feelings to get hurt. They could surprise, but very doubtful.

Last edited by LBzrule; 05-13-2005 at 12:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »