Home

Top 5 reasons why Madden fans hate 2K5

This is a discussion on Top 5 reasons why Madden fans hate 2K5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Top 5 reasons why Madden fans hate 2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJisNo1
I'm a 2K fan at heart since I first got 2K3 on PS2.Maddenites can really piss me off too.What you have to do is beat them at their own game.Thats what I do then in the process of handing them there *** speak the truth to them.Such as how much better you know 2K was, what Madden "stole" from 2K, what you hate about Madden and how it doesn't take as much thought and gameplanning to win.And guess what they can't say a d@mn thing because they lost.It works all the time for me especially when you beat them bad.Try it, they'll shut up until they beat you or they'll realize the the truth.
WOW @ you speaking as if "Madden Fans" are all the same, like they are some type. You are basically giving a strategy guide/tutorial on how to beat Madden Fans? SMH @ you...I think you like to "battle" maddenites more than play an actually game haha. You into battling Madden Fans so much like its your job...haha.

Nah but ya'll are probably mistaken, I did like ESPN NFL 2k5...I mean no hate at all. The game was fun, you can actually run through blocks smoothly and tackles were smooth. But people just hate way too much sometimes, and it's usually apart of both sides .
Old 08-03-2005, 09:09 PM   #74
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
When did NFL2kx go down?

Just read that entire quote again, lol. You really should let your mom read your posts before hitting send. Can't wait for the next one.
NFL 2kx did go down. VSArena? Yeah that's what it's called, not NFL2kx, and it's a whole different site, moreso, like a small OS.

Nothing against you, lol relax.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:46 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

Man...I really want to like Madden but every year I just feel like I'm playing the same game engine from Madden 95 on Sega Genesis. NFLK2K5 looks like a real game is being played while your playing...just ask your wives or girlfriends. Madden still has Elf looking characters that kind of resemble the real players. The coaches still look horrible and the players looks like they are skating around on ice. Why could ESPN use Bill Parcells but EA had to use some fake looking fat guy. EA knows that no matter what they put out we are all going to buy it and play it because we love football games. As a football fan and video game fan why can't I have more than one choice? I'm so dissapointed in NFL just like I'm dissapointed in Directv for charging me more money for Sunday Ticket in HD and mad that I have to pay $7 for a beer at the stadium after I already pay $150 for my ticket. I feel like these companies know that we'll shell out our hard earned money because we love football and will settle for any game with Madden and the NFL on it. Nobody cares about the passion and love for football or video games. They only care about how they can increase the price of thier stock so they can get bigger and richer while we mindless clones keep paying for subpar games and pay to go see athletes who don't care about fans or truely love the game, but rather hold out for more $ or just quit before training camp. EA won't get my money but I will play the new Madden game because I love football games and will try to convince myself that I like a game that was only half-@ss improved on from last year. I'll burn a copy of the game and tell everyone I know how to get the game for the price of a rental rather than pay $50 to EA. I'm downloading the updated rosters and will end up playing 2K5 all next year I'm sure. I honestly just felt like with last year's 2K game they finally made it a competition and those guys were making changes to the game because they listened to us fans. I'm just saddened that there are REAL developers with passion who are now out of jobs or creating friggin basketball or baseball games.

Enough of my rant but I'm sure you guys feel me. Have fun clones, I'm sure EA will get us for more money come November when the X360 drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2005, 09:39 AM   #76
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22
Man...I really want to like Madden but every year I just feel like I'm playing the same game engine from Madden 95 on Sega Genesis. NFLK2K5 looks like a real game is being played while your playing...just ask your wives or girlfriends. Madden still has Elf looking characters that kind of resemble the real players. The coaches still look horrible and the players looks like they are skating around on ice. Why could ESPN use Bill Parcells but EA had to use some fake looking fat guy. EA knows that no matter what they put out we are all going to buy it and play it because we love football games. As a football fan and video game fan why can't I have more than one choice? I'm so dissapointed in NFL just like I'm dissapointed in Directv for charging me more money for Sunday Ticket in HD and mad that I have to pay $7 for a beer at the stadium after I already pay $150 for my ticket. I feel like these companies know that we'll shell out our hard earned money because we love football and will settle for any game with Madden and the NFL on it. Nobody cares about the passion and love for football or video games. They only care about how they can increase the price of thier stock so they can get bigger and richer while we mindless clones keep paying for subpar games and pay to go see athletes who don't care about fans or truely love the game, but rather hold out for more $ or just quit before training camp. EA won't get my money but I will play the new Madden game because I love football games and will try to convince myself that I like a game that was only half-@ss improved on from last year. I'll burn a copy of the game and tell everyone I know how to get the game for the price of a rental rather than pay $50 to EA. I'm downloading the updated rosters and will end up playing 2K5 all next year I'm sure. I honestly just felt like with last year's 2K game they finally made it a competition and those guys were making changes to the game because they listened to us fans. I'm just saddened that there are REAL developers with passion who are now out of jobs or creating friggin basketball or baseball games.

Enough of my rant but I'm sure you guys feel me. Have fun clones, I'm sure EA will get us for more money come November when the X360 drops.

Attack of the Clones!

Clones, unite!

What do we want? **ESPN FOOTBALL!**

When do we want it? ** NOW!**
Old 08-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #77
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

just saw this thread now...good post Graphik, though I have to disagree on the slider issue. I don't think not messing with sliders makes you automatically a "casual player". I'm personally of the mindset that a game should play well out of the box, and I shouldn't have to take hours upon hours of slider testing to get things right. I don't enjoy slider testing, I buy the game to play the game and have fun, not have "hmmm, well, i wonder if tweaking the left arm stiff arm effectiveness down 2 will fix that" in the back of my mind when i play. Kudos to those of you who enjoy it, but sliders seem like a cop out, especially when half of them don't adjust nearly anything at all (PI slider). Just my opinion, good post though
Old 08-04-2005, 10:14 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
just saw this thread now...good post Graphik, though I have to disagree on the slider issue. I don't think not messing with sliders makes you automatically a "casual player". I'm personally of the mindset that a game should play well out of the box, and I shouldn't have to take hours upon hours of slider testing to get things right. I don't enjoy slider testing, I buy the game to play the game and have fun, not have "hmmm, well, i wonder if tweaking the left arm stiff arm effectiveness down 2 will fix that" in the back of my mind when i play. Kudos to those of you who enjoy it, but sliders seem like a cop out, especially when half of them don't adjust nearly anything at all (PI slider). Just my opinion, good post though
I agree with you. We shouldn't have to mess around with the sliders to get the most realistic gameplay possible. I mess with the sliders because the game doesn't play realistic enough. No football game ever has realistic enough gameplay out of the box.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:54 AM   #79
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

I was one of those who bought both football offerings last year. At first, I loved 2K5. Absolutely adored it. I felt the franchise Mode was better, features were more robust, and that the presentation was leaps and bounds ahead of Madden. The online leagues just made the deal that much sweeter. I began to wonder why I even bothered with Madden that year and in years past.

Then the bugs started hitting me. Broken QB Spy, aloof defensive backs, that super DL glitch that online folks would exploit; these are just a few I remember from several months ago. I tried workarounds, but nothing was successful (some may have been found by now, but I've been gone from the game for a long time.) They all piled up to eventually break the camel's back.

I soon found that, although it lacked the glitz and glamor of 2K5's amazing game presentation and features, Madden just played the game's mechanics more to my liking. Sure, it too had its flaws; I just didn't feel that they were as severe. As incredulous as you all may find it, I just felt that Madden played better. Not more sim-like - just better.

So just so you know, not everyone who prefers Madden is an EA whore who didn't give the 2K series a good chance.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:07 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
I was one of those who bought both football offerings last year. At first, I loved 2K5. Absolutely adored it. I felt the franchise Mode was better, features were more robust, and that the presentation was leaps and bounds ahead of Madden. The online leagues just made the deal that much sweeter. I began to wonder why I even bothered with Madden that year and in years past.

Then the bugs started hitting me. Broken QB Spy, aloof defensive backs, that super DL glitch that online folks would exploit; these are just a few I remember from several months ago. I tried workarounds, but nothing was successful (some may have been found by now, but I've been gone from the game for a long time.) They all piled up to eventually break the camel's back.

I soon found that, although it lacked the glitz and glamor of 2K5's amazing game presentation and features, Madden just played the game's mechanics more to my liking. Sure, it too had its flaws; I just didn't feel that they were as severe. As incredulous as you all may find it, I just felt that Madden played better. Not more sim-like - just better.
That's honest. And I tend to agree. Even though I haven't played Madden in a couple of years, it has always been the more "polished" of the two. I guess 15 years in the business will do that for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »