Home

IGN Predicts 2K will make a football game

This is a discussion on IGN Predicts 2K will make a football game within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2006, 01:55 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: IGN Predicts 2K will make a football game

Many hardcore VC fans would pay $60 and not care, but most casual gamers will not pay full price without an NFL license.

At $25-$30, even a generic game becomes much more attractive. Why not take a chance?

As for the long-term success? It might be that some will find they prefer the freedom of a generic game and not want to go back to the NFL rules, only NFL teams, etc.

I could see a generic football game being done every couple years by VC, along with a regular NFL game (after the exclusive runs out) or at least the NFL game would have major custom options installed.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:29 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Thats funny, and a serious insult to 2ksports, you want to pull 2000 strings, bend over backwards give you unlimited options, with extreme graphics, and gameplay. For a measily $25 dollars....

Thants just insulting to 2ksports and Visual Concepts. They deserve the full $59.99 for the quality games they produce, year after year....
Are you serious? Am I really seeing this post?

Now we're arguing over how much 2K Sports "deserves" for the quality games they produce?

Let me ask you this, Behindshadows. If they DID wind up charging only $25 for a football game, since it's "a serious insult to 2ksports" for a game to cost "a measily $25 dollars", would you send them a check for $35 to make up the difference of what you feel they "deserve"?
Old 01-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #51
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy

Now we're arguing over how much 2K Sports "deserves" for the quality games they produce?

Let me ask you this, Behindshadows. If they DID wind up charging only $25 for a football game, since it's "a serious insult to 2ksports" for a game to cost "a measily $25 dollars", would you send them a check for $35 to make up the difference of what you feel they "deserve"?
HELL NAW...my fault. Noticed that you had BS on blast there. Still, if VC didn't drop their 2K5 game to $19.99, half of you guys would be tripping too. I'd definitely buy this game for $40, but I'd also buy it for $5. Never arguing the quality, but a good price is a good price.

I was just thinking though, what if this this does take off? What if they don't need the NFL anymore and the NFL loses its love on the video game side? What if this thing does much better than we expected? What if the customizations were so deep? What if the graphics just wow us everytime? What if we get the more in-depth injuries? What if we could put these legends into "present-day" games with the teams available? So many possibilities.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2006, 12:10 PM   #52
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
HELL NAW...my fault. Noticed that you had BS on blast there. Still, if VC didn't drop their 2K5 game to $19.99, half of you guys would be tripping too. I'd definitely buy this game for $40, but I'd also buy it for $5. Never arguing the quality, but a good price is a good price.

I was just thinking though, what if this this does take off? What if they don't need the NFL anymore and the NFL loses its love on the video game side? What if this thing does much better than we expected? What if the customizations were so deep? What if the graphics just wow us everytime? What if we get the more in-depth injuries? What if we could put these legends into "present-day" games with the teams available? So many possibilities.......

I still believe we'll get ourselves a custimaizable legends game come the fall. With the capabilities of the next-gen consoles, I can certainly see many possibilities with deep custimization.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:03 PM   #53
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy

I'm not saying I'd send them extra money, I'm saying for all that people expect them to do, without the license to make it fully customizable and only give them $25 is stupid and ridiculous...when have you ever seen winning eleven soccer drop to $20. Never....so why would you expect that out of 2ksports...Madden 360 is a piece of crap and yet people are quick to drop $60 in a heartbeat on it. It has all the stadiums and licenses...yet the game is mediocre and incomplete no real options...

But basically people are saying with full options on a 2ksports football they should deduct $35 from a $60 price range to $25 just because it doesn't have a NFL license...yet the gameplay, presentation, and options will out weigh everything else...is that truly fair...

If anything Madden 06 should have been $25.....But no one complained about that...I'm just saying how do you plan on keeping 2ksports in business if they have to give us high standard and quality games for b.s prices...they gotta eat to is all I'm saying...

Last edited by Behindshadows; 01-18-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:43 PM   #54
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I think 40 dollars for a next gen title is a very fair asking price. the game will be great..if this was a current gen xbox game, then i could understand the 25 dollar asking price, but im talking next gen here, where most of the games retail at 59.99.

this game could be incredible..just the way it plays, and flows..and could be a hit based on how great it is to play..don't count that out. so far the new 360 games have been extremely underwhelming..I think VC steps up to the plate with a new football release.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #55
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

I just hope finn will readjust his editor to work with it and ill be happy lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2006, 04:19 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 4

Notice that EA is only asking $30 for the Arena football and NCAA College Baseball games? True, that's for the older consoles (Xbox, PS2, etc) but they saw the need to lower from the $50 standard price -why?

They are pushing a new product with each game, and no doubt want to encourage sales to build a market for future versions of the those games.

VC/2K Sports needs to take a similar view of "building for the future" by having a Legends game at a bargain price. Get people to try it, then if they like it enough they will pay more for future versions. Say $20 for an Xbox version of Legends Football and $30 for the Xbox 360 version. With good sales they can try a $30/$40 price for the next version and those who enjoyed the first one will be willing to pay that extra $10.

No license fees means a lot more profit anyway. This is not an issue about respect for VC/2K Sports games, just good business sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »