Home

IGN Predicts 2K will make a football game

This is a discussion on IGN Predicts 2K will make a football game within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #57

OVR: 34
Re: IGN Predicts 2K will make a football game

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
Notice that EA is only asking $30 for the Arena football and NCAA College Baseball games? True, that's for the older consoles (Xbox, PS2, etc) but they saw the need to lower from the $50 standard price -why?

They are pushing a new product with each game, and no doubt want to encourage sales to build a market for future versions of the those games.

VC/2K Sports needs to take a similar view of "building for the future" by having a Legends game at a bargain price. Get people to try it, then if they like it enough they will pay more for future versions. Say $20 for an Xbox version of Legends Football and $30 for the Xbox 360 version. With good sales they can try a $30/$40 price for the next version and those who enjoyed the first one will be willing to pay that extra $10.

No license fees means a lot more profit anyway. This is not an issue about respect for VC/2K Sports games, just good business sense.
Good poiints...
Old 01-22-2006, 08:27 PM   #58
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Notice that EA is only asking $30 for the Arena football and NCAA College Baseball games? True, that's for the older consoles (Xbox, PS2, etc) but they saw the need to lower from the $50 standard price -why?

They are pushing a new product with each game, and no doubt want to encourage sales to build a market for future versions of the those games.

VC/2K Sports needs to take a similar view of "building for the future" by having a Legends game at a bargain price. Get people to try it, then if they like it enough they will pay more for future versions. Say $20 for an Xbox version of Legends Football and $30 for the Xbox 360 version. With good sales they can try a $30/$40 price for the next version and those who enjoyed the first one will be willing to pay that extra $10.

No license fees means a lot more profit anyway. This is not an issue about respect for VC/2K Sports games, just good business sense.
Thanks VC.....

Considering 2K5's 19.99 price tag... I don't know why my 25.00buck suggestion was such a surprise....
Old 01-23-2006, 12:11 AM   #59
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:

I think that current gen prices need to be around $29.99. It's insane to still be charging full price. I bet more games would sell at a cheaper price point than at $50. Arena & MVP NCAA would have less buys if sold at $50.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:33 AM   #60
H*rt M*n! L*c*l S*p*rh*r*

bryan_05's Arena

OVR: 18

It is much more likely a 2k football game could be sub 40 dollars b/c ...
They aren't paying the NFL or the players for that license.

Fins Up!

GO CUBS GO!

Purple Aces, Cubs, Seminoles!
Old 01-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #61

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_05
It is much more likely a 2k football game could be sub 40 dollars b/c ...
They aren't paying the NFL or the players for that license.
I agree..TT is still trying to get people's attention. In order to compete with a franchise like Madden, they will have to continue have key selling points like a sub 40 price tag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2006, 11:59 PM   #62
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
I think that current gen prices need to be around $29.99. It's insane to still be charging full price. I bet more games would sell at a cheaper price point than at $50. Arena & MVP NCAA would have less buys if sold at $50.
True, but if they did that, people would be less inclined to upgrade to the next gen, and buy games for $60.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »