Home

Winning Eleven-style editability: this is where the success of this series hinges.

This is a discussion on Winning Eleven-style editability: this is where the success of this series hinges. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2007, 01:48 AM   #49
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Winning Eleven-style editability: this is where the success of this series hinges

somehow I seriously doubt that a 2k game will give us the option to edit as much as we would like to... We have never had the freedom to edit the little things in 2k games, but hopefully that will change as this game may be a nice addition to Madden 08

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 02-01-2007, 03:26 AM   #50
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Winning Eleven-style editability: this is where the success of this series hinges

customization could really be a major seller for this game if you are able to take the the stuff you customized online.

combine unique customization options online with detailed stat tracking online, etc...and this game could really be a success. Online is where it's at for this game

Last edited by ZB9; 02-01-2007 at 03:30 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:02 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDaniel
Give us the same types of editing options as in the WE series (complete with stadium editing), and Madden will be rendered obsolete.
lol ..well that might be wishful thinking rendering Madden obsolete, to be fair, madden will improve gameplay wise on these next gen systems, they really gotta take their running game to the next level though..it feels too automatic, i like 2k's efforts with the running game, i feel like i earn my yards in 2k05 football.

As far as the editing system, with the power thats inside these next gen consoles like a xbox 360, there is more then enough power in them to allow for some cutting edge edit system. If WE11 dev team can do it, by all means VC can do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2007, 04:49 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 15

Just a few things that im hoping VC does / did with APF 2k8 -

1) Keep the core gameplay from 2k5 intact including the tackling system and such. The only change that I would like to see is the spin move get changed back to the way it was in 2k3 as opposed to the way it is in 2k5. Also, keep the commentators in place.

2) Go back to the original depth chart please. 2k5's depth chart setup IS the reason as to why backup QB's become starters come playoff time and why so many players get moved from being a starter to a backup. Seriously, there are several problems with 2k5's depth chart. Hopefully, they either fixed it all or better yet, went back to the 2k3/2k4 depth chart.

3) Bring back the play-calling from 2K-2k3. I hate those small old obsolete routes cut off boxes when selecting plays. The play-calling setup was one of the many reasons as to why I played 2k1 on DC for two years straight despite having Shenmue 1 and 2, RE: CV and Grandia 2. The play-calling from 2k-2k3 was new, unique, original and innovative. Hopefully, it returns.

4) Eliminate all the crappy gimmicks like the Crib and "goals". But bring back FPF as it's still the most realistic way to play a football video game.

5) Total and complete editing. Everything needs to be editable. From names to equipment to faces to attributes and everything in between. I think that it would be safe to say that everything gameplay related should be pretty damn good so what's left? Editing. Whether or not anyone wants to edit anything is up to them. A hardcore gamer will want to edit everything where as a casual gamer probably wont care to do so. However, the ability to edit as much as possible would only be seen as a positive.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:21 AM   #53
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

VC can still use City backdrops & skylines right? I would be cool with generic stadiums if those were allowed.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRIZZLE2K4
I really don't care about real stadiums, but could 2K get rights to put real stadiums in the game, I don't believe the NFL owns the stadiums and as long as 2K got right for each stadium they should be able to put them in.
The stadiums are part of the NFL license.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:54 AM   #55
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Like someone mentioned earlier, 2k7 has to be amazing out of the box. I personally wouldn't want to have to do a bunch of edits/customization besides the customary rosters ala NCAA.

As long as the gameplay and presentation is good...the rest is gravy. I can see why some would want to do a bunch of customization though.

You gotta think though, T2 is not running a charity. This is still a business. If they gave you the tools to edit everything, what reason(s) (besides loyalty) would you have for buying next year's game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #56
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
Like someone mentioned earlier, 2k7 has to be amazing out of the box. I personally wouldn't want to have to do a bunch of edits/customization besides the customary rosters ala NCAA.

As long as the gameplay and presentation is good...the rest is gravy. I can see why some would want to do a bunch of customization though.

You gotta think though, T2 is not running a charity. This is still a business. If they gave you the tools to edit everything, what reason(s) (besides loyalty) would you have for buying next year's game?
You have an excellent point there, I hadn't even thought of that. How does the WE franchise convince gamers to buy the new game every year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »