Home

Winning Eleven-style editability: this is where the success of this series hinges.

This is a discussion on Winning Eleven-style editability: this is where the success of this series hinges. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2007, 04:03 PM   #33
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Winning Eleven-style editability: this is where the success of this series hinges

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
the work to get every player in NCAA named is alot too, but the majority of people don't do it themselves.
The majority probably don't bother with it at all. It's enough for them to have the team names, stadiums, etc..
Old 01-31-2007, 04:13 PM   #34
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Winning Eleven-style editability: this is where the success of this series hinges

It would be nice to have a name calling system. That way we could just edit the players names and still have the last name called by the PA and Commentators. Also they could have the jersey numbers one number off so we could determine easily which real player in the NFL they represented. This is all based on if 2k will have the game based off of the NFL pro game.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:22 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike95
I gotta agree with coogrfan. With the 2k football game it wont be a matter of just logging on to live to get rosters. You'd have to buy a device to get the data from your PC to the console. I thinks its a small minority of gamers that go that far. I know lots of guys that love NFL 2K5 and still play but very few of them got the Action Replay to update rosters.
that's why the PS3 version will be 100000x better than the 360s
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2007, 04:31 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt
as far as the casual every day gamer being able to download the rosters, custom teams, leagues, etc. 2k could easily simply setup an area in the online section in the game that is strictly people uploading and downloading custom content.

When a user uploads a file, allow them to put a description, etc. and then allow people to rate it and then when the end user goes to download it, they can see whats the most popular and go with it. That wouldn't require an every-day-gamer to have to hook up to their PC or anything... just simply sign onto the game and download what the hard-core guys created.
It is very simple to transfer files on the PS3, once they are attached to a thread via zip file, you don't even need your PC, just click and save.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:08 PM   #37

OVR: 34

The idea of transferring files on the 360 is still not quite clear. With Live Anywhere, now being called "Live for Windows," there was speculation that you could take your car from Forza, modify it on your PC and then put it back on your 360.

If that is true, there would be some crazy customizations, but that would all depend on the actual game being developed to be able to do that.

Do any of you remember some of the cars in Forza on the Xbox? They were almost unlimited in potential.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:36 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 4

The real question is: "What solution did 2K Sports come up with?"

They came up with something they are comfortable with, which I'd guess is a created football league with lots of named players but none EXACTLY like any real NFL guys.

I'd love to find out they got the USFL license (however that works for a defunct league) and just "updated" it to 2007. They could have a number of "classic" USFL teams with Reggie White, Jim Kelly, and Steve Young for example. They could include other guys like Elway, Montana and Marino who joined the USFL after "the league they were part of fell apart due to a videogame deal gone bad" and only the USFL was left standing. You'd have to laugh at such a scenario, but go with it and the fun starts.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:45 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
The real question is: "What solution did 2K Sports come up with?"

They came up with something they are comfortable with, which I'd guess is a created football league with lots of named players but none EXACTLY like any real NFL guys.

I'd love to find out they got the USFL license (however that works for a defunct league) and just "updated" it to 2007. They could have a number of "classic" USFL teams with Reggie White, Jim Kelly, and Steve Young for example. They could include other guys like Elway, Montana and Marino who joined the USFL after "the league they were part of fell apart due to a videogame deal gone bad" and only the USFL was left standing. You'd have to laugh at such a scenario, but go with it and the fun starts.

I believe the NFL owns the rights to the USFL, I think they bought it for $1 after it was folding.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:13 PM   #40
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I believe the $1 was what the USFL got after they tried to sue the NFL wasn't it? I think one of their former owners still has the check. I'm not sure the $1 thing was relevant to their closure per se.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »