Home

Unbelievable

This is a discussion on Unbelievable within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2007, 10:31 PM   #73
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Unbelievable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Excellent post Quiet
Co-Sign

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
The problem with the entire article is that it has an unspoken premise from the start: The premise is that Madden 07 is plays some great, even competent, game of football, and that the average person "should" like it.

Well, I don't think we need to go into the problems of that premise, and the whole notion is presumptuous at best, idiotic at worst. The author then goes into suggest people haven't played it enough (I've logged many hours), and that people are stuck in a last gen mindset.

He doesn't get it.

People mention LAST gen Madden because it had MORE FLIPPING FEATURES!!

Lets review:

Hot blitzes? Check. Hot double teams? Check. Offensive hot audible slide protection? Check. Smart routes that extended any given route beyond the 1st down marker? Check. Defensive playmaker? Check. The ability to declare man to man matchups on defense, wherever the WR lines up? Check. Relatively lag-free online play? Check. Madden locker file storage? Check. No collision problems between eligible receivers and defenders whereby they "grind" against one another and stand in place? Check. Responsive controls with far less button lag? Check.

The list goes on. You get the idea.

So when he starts on people who keep mentioning last gen, I think there MUST be a serious distinction between the bubble gum chewing little kid who misses the old button configuration versus the people who miss last gen because it had features that Madden 07 360 and PS3 simply DO NOT HAVE. That is a darn big distinction.

Many people dislike Madden also because it has always "improved" at a turtle's pace as it was, but with the jump to Next Gen, it was even worse because features were missing for TWO FLIPPIN' YEARS IN A ROW..and the gameplay had tons of problems to boot. It went backwards in every area but graphics.

Heck, and then when online play is a laggy mess with dropped connections, what more can you say? It can't even get the simple stuff right. And then- let me ask- what the heck was the much ballyhooed ESPN license purchased for? A god darned TICKER? Gameday 2004 had a "ticker", and the game blew chunks! Is THAT "ESPN INTEGRATION?"

Fire up NFL 2K5 and tell me if THAT is ESPN integration, or that mess with an ESPN logo that EA is promoting? Which would you choose?

People are unhappy with Madden anymore because the product has grown stale, the innovation is non-existent, the improvements are miniscule (or going backwards on Next Gen because of not having the features), and the online play was an atrocity this year.

Its that simple. Madden 07 Next Gen has merely the Madden 03 current gen feature set... but better graphics, and worse online play.

Forgive us all for complaining about that fact, MaddenMania.
Um I did not know 2 different people can have the same screen name. And who are you? Does the real quietcool know your using his name?

Last edited by Ram209; 02-13-2007 at 10:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-13-2007, 11:07 PM   #75
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

After reading this article, it seems pretty clear to me some people just like Madden football almost as if it's its own sport. What I mean is, if they could choose between a game actively trying to replicate everything that is the NFL and Madden, a game that has its own somewhat unique feel and approach to the sport of Gridiron, they'd probably choose Madden. I mean, Madden is obviously based on the NFL, but it has gotten to the point now where it is somewhat its own version of gridiron, and each year they're replicating it, if that makes any sense. It uses the NFL to market and publicise its own brand of Gridiron and obviously some people like it more than NFL brand gridiron.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2007, 11:10 PM   #76
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Um I did not know 2 different people can have the same screen name. And who are you? Does the real quietcool know your using his name?
Heh..
Graphik and Jmood88 recall a time when I told everyone it wasn't the end of the world when EA won the NFL license bid... and I was actually hopeful for Madden 06 360, that it would be all that...

Boy was I wrong.

But back then, never in a million years would I have guessed that EA would have floundered two next gen years in a row with such barebones junk to show for it. I figured the press, the fans, the media would all have such high expectations that EA would still feel pressure to get things done despite 2K no longer being a factor in football. I wasn't happy about the license situation, but I figured EA also put themselves under a huge microscope too, and that in itself would help push the game.

I figured guys like Jmood88 and Graphik were overly pessimistic at the time, and things wouldn't be that bad...

Well...

Turns out they were right on.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:10 PM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
After reading this article, it seems pretty clear to me some people just like Madden football almost as if it's its own sport. What I mean is, if they could choose between a game actively trying to replicate everything that is the NFL and Madden, a game that has its own somewhat unique feel and approach to the sport of Gridiron, they'd probably choose Madden. I mean, Madden is obviously based on the NFL, but it has gotten to the point now where it is somewhat its own version of gridiron, and each year they're replicating it, if that makes any sense. It uses the NFL to market and publicise its own brand of Gridiron and obviously some people like it more than NFL brand gridiron.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!! BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!! BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a winner! Your 100% correct
Old 02-13-2007, 11:33 PM   #78
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Heh..
Graphik and Jmood88 recall a time when I told everyone it wasn't the end of the world when EA won the NFL license bid... and I was actually hopeful for Madden 06 360, that it would be all that...

Boy was I wrong.

But back then, never in a million years would I have guessed that EA would have floundered two next gen years in a row with such barebones junk to show for it. I figured the press, the fans, the media would all have such high expectations that EA would still feel pressure to get things done despite 2K no longer being a factor in football. I wasn't happy about the license situation, but I figured EA also put themselves under a huge microscope too, and that in itself would help push the game.
Even though EA has rebult there game engine for Next Gen?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:34 PM   #79
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

OMG they are drinking kool-aid over at there.

ITS A BAD FRIGGIN GAME! NUFF SAID.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:40 PM   #80
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

So when he starts on people who keep mentioning last gen, I think there MUST be a serious distinction between the bubble gum chewing little kid who misses the old button configuration
I hate the new button config, having turbo on the trigger makes the game fell "arcadish" but thats the consumer EA is after.

A blood vessel is ready to pop in my head just thinking about how EA left out the motherF'N strip button in NCAA on 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »