Home

EA might buy out 2k sports (I threw up)

This is a discussion on EA might buy out 2k sports (I threw up) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10
EA might buy out 2k sports (I threw up)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166046...ewstop;title;2
Quote:
Pachter also evaluated the chances of the company being acquired, broken up and sold in pieces, or being taken over by activist investors. While he described all three scenarios as "unlikely," he did suggest that the publisher's currently unprofitable 2K Sports operation might be an acquisition target for its fiercest rival, Electronic Arts. According to Pachter, EA is the most likely buyer for 2K Sports because few others would be willing to go head-to-head with the Madden NFL publisher in the sports genre.
"It is clear to us that Take-Two’s sports business would have tremendous value to EA, as it would give EA a monopoly on football, basketball, baseball and hockey," Pachter said. "It is arguable that EA would benefit by as much as $1 billion if it were to obtain an exclusive; this does not mean that it is willing to pay $1 billion."
Given the few potential suitors who would be interested in going toe-to-toe with EA in the sports genre, Pachter said EA could pick up the division for roughly $200 million. An EA representative declined to comment on the speculation, while a Take-Two spokesperson had not returned GameSpot's request for comment as of press time.
I threw up a little bit.

This will effect everything including the football game thats non-licensed. I pray this will never happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA might buy out 2k sports (I threw up)

Has been a rumor for a few years. I'm just hoping that EA doesn't degrade 2K into something weak. If 2K knows they're being bought up, they need to go out with a bang by releasing a computer sports game or two for football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and whatever else they plan on making so we can continually expand on them. The day that 2K gets sold to EA is the day that I'm done console gaming. I'll stick with the RTS and my ipod for entertainment.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:53 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

if ea buys 2k i ain't playing sports games ever again.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldogg
if ea buys 2k i ain't playing sports games ever again.
I'll second that. Unless maybe they will use 2k to make some of their games, like basketball for example.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
Pro

I will never play another (new) sports game again. It'll be roster updates for nba 2k and nfl 2k forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2007, 03:59 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

Just give me a football game for 07.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

Well, the worst case would be EA buying 2K JUST to not have competition.

Microsoft did that with High Heat baseball's studio... and never made a baseball game.

The ONLY way that scenerio would be REMOTELY good is if EA decided to ditch Tiburon and use Visual Concepts talent instead.

But EA is HEAVILY in bed with Tiburon for not one, but TWO flippin football games. So if EA did buy 2K, I doubt very seriously there would be ANY positive for gamers.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #8

OVR: 34

Very unlikely. If EA puts out 1 billion for this, they would soon be challenged by other companies. Ubisoft and Microsoft are still rumored to be getting into sports videogames.

This gentleman is wrong to assume that EA would have everything sports, just because they bought out 2K.

Remember, this is an anaylist speaking, it's no one from 2K or EA. He's commenting on the value of their stock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »