Home

NFL 2k5/UPDATED HD PICS VS. MADDEN NFL 07 (360) HD

This is a discussion on NFL 2k5/UPDATED HD PICS VS. MADDEN NFL 07 (360) HD within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2007, 07:45 AM   #17

OVR: 34
Re: NFL 2k5/UPDATED HD PICS VS. MADDEN NFL 07 (360) HD

The Madden pics look more dense and player specific, where as the 2K pics appear more slender, almost stickish.

One thing Madden has always sucked at is getting the QB to look natural while he is throwing. Their elbows are too far apart and they appear to be squatting.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:58 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Madden images look much sharper without a doubt due to higher resolution, but as always with the player sizes they look more fit to be coming froming a comic wrestling game. Madden has never even come close to getting players bodies to being proportinate. Their arms are way too massive and long, this aint the gun show haha. NFL players are big, but not that big.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:43 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin
Madden images look much sharper without a doubt due to higher resolution, but as always with the player sizes they look more fit to be coming froming a comic wrestling game. Madden has never even come close to getting players bodies to being proportinate. Their arms are way too massive and long, this aint the gun show haha. NFL players are big, but not that big.

QuadZilla
Old 05-31-2007, 09:47 AM   #20
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

^^^
Tom Platz was THE MAN ! I tried one of his leg work outs once way back in the day and I couldn't walk for a week.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:53 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
^^^
Tom Platz was THE MAN ! I tried one of his leg work outs once way back in the day and I couldn't walk for a week.
Yeah I did too. Platz had a crazy leg routine. Other dudes I used to try to follow their routine were, Rich Gaspari, Lee Haney, Robby Robinson. It was just too damn much. Ended up overtraining
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2007, 11:44 AM   #22
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

The difference though is the TV you are using to play these games - on my old standard 36" 4:3 TV Madden 2006 PS2 looks fine, but on my 51" HDTV Madden 2006 PS2 doesn't look so fine - though Madden 2007 for the 360 looks good, save for the Hulk-like models of course.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #23
Rookie

TLizChosen's Arena

OVR: 6

Madden 07 is slightly better, so that goes to show how good 2k5 really was
Old 05-31-2007, 12:43 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 5

I've never been overly impressed by the new gen graphics overall (yes, NEW gen not "next gen"... when will we stop saying Next gen? The 360 and PS3 is NOW). Madden looks good on PS3 and 360, but it could certainly be better and when compared to 2K5 you have to put your biases aside and just admit that Madden is just not all that it could be. I'm not saying 2K5 looks better, I'm just saying that Madden doesn't look overwhelmingly better than 2K5 as it should.

Sure, the graphics of the games in this new generation look fine, but we're still not where we should be at this point. But before we get more concerned with that, the console makers need to figure out how to put out a product with good quality control that isn't overheating and breaking down constantly (Microsoft especially). I'm disappointed in this generation of games, but more disappointed with how the public continues to spend so much money on what are definitely subpar products. I paid peanuts for my 360, but if I had to pay full price I wouldn't have one; not because I can't afford it (because I certainly can), but because I don't think it's worth it, especially with all of the breakdowns. And the PS3? Forget it. The day I spend $600+ on a video game is the same day I check into a mental institution.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »