Home

Finn's revised editor - info here

This is a discussion on Finn's revised editor - info here within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #33
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Finn's revised editor - info here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
With Finn adding the ability to change defensive formations, would any one mind posting which teams run 3-4, 4-3, etc for the less knowledgeable?
This would be good to know.....I'm pretty sure you can get an idea from localsports.ca as the depth charts would suggest what they primarily run.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #34
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I have a couple questions:

1. Do I need a specific type of file (franchise?) loaded to view the schedule tab. I don't currently see it. (EDIT- I looked again and I'm pretty sure it has to be a franchise file). Are there schedules available for the editor, or do I still have to create one? Does it just allow you to manually reset the year?

2. How do I view the alumni/all-time, etc. teams? I checked that on the options tab, but I don't see anything different. I'd like to change who is in the pro bowl, if possible.

3. For clarification: If I want my 4-3 team to play a 3-4, I just switch the depth chart to 3-4, rearrange the players the way they should be, and choose a playbook that runs the 3-4. Right?

I hope these aren't redundant, but I'd like to know Yes, I know I'm like a 3 year old asking questions. By the way, why is the sky blue?

Last edited by dophin26; 09-13-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #35
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
I have a couple questions:

1. Do I need a specific type of file (franchise?) loaded to view the schedule tab. I don't currently see it. (EDIT- I looked again and I'm pretty sure it has to be a franchise file). Are there schedules available for the editor, or do I still have to create one? Does it just allow you to manually reset the year?

2. How do I view the alumni/all-time, etc. teams? I checked that on the options tab, but I don't see anything different. I'd like to change who is in the pro bowl, if possible.

3. For clarification: If I want my 4-3 team to play a 3-4, I just switch the depth chart to 3-4, rearrange the players the way they should be, and choose a playbook that runs the 3-4. Right?

I hope these aren't redundant, but I'd like to know Yes, I know I'm like a 3 year old asking questions. By the way, why is the sky blue?
1: Schedule tab only available in franchise save.

2: There is a an option to Show All-Time Teams in the options. If a save is open, you have to close and re-open to see effect. However, you won't be able to edit the teams.

3: That is correct.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #36
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

New Version uploaded. 3.0.0.10.

This build is another testing build with most of the coaching stuff enabled. To access, click the headset button when the active team is an NFL team.

Cheers,
Finn
Old 09-13-2007, 03:40 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
With Finn adding the ability to change defensive formations, would any one mind posting which teams run 3-4, 4-3, etc for the less knowledgeable?
3-4 -

49ers
Browns
Chargers
Cowboys
Jets
Patriots
Steelers

Dont know -

Cardinals

I read that the Cardinals were supposed to run the 3-4 defense this season but according to localsports, their depth chart is still setup as the 4-3 defense. I'm a 49ers fan but dont have Direct TV or Cable so I was unable to watch the 49ers/Cardinals game this past Monday. If anyone watched it, did the Cardinals run the 4-3 or the 3-4 defense?

The other 24 teams run the 4-3 including the Ravens and Texans who ran a 3-4 two years ago.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 15

Just wanted to post a little tidbit -

After putting my 2K7 roster in Finn's last editor (V3.5), I noticed that when I transfered the file back to my Xbox that the Cowboys, Jets, Raiders and Vikings only had the 4-3 defense listed.

Basically, it appears that Finn's editor allows you to use one or the other which im very happy about.

Any luck on being able to delete / remove defensive formations from playbooks Finn?

I hate it that the game says that you can delete / remove plays but that you're required to keep the formation and one "base" set and one play. To me, what's the point of having this in-game if you cant delete it completely?

Ugh.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 21

Finn,

Read in an historic file Whever I double click a player to edit, get Access Violation.

All I did was remove your version 2 editor, and install 3.10.

Thanks,

C
Old 09-13-2007, 04:17 PM   #40
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Finn,

Read in an historic file Whever I double click a player to edit, get Access Violation.

All I did was remove your version 2 editor, and install 3.10.

Thanks,

C
Whoops... I'll check into it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »