Home

Anti-Madden reaches the media

This is a discussion on Anti-Madden reaches the media within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #73
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Anti-Madden reaches the media

Quote:
Originally Posted by aff4life
You could and I believe you are..........
I am really not. My point for both games is to put some time in with them before drawing conclusions.

Game may not be your cup of tea, just as 2k wasn't everyone's cup of tea when it launched.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #74
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I am not sure yet. Again, I think from a technical standpoint the game is good. The more I play the more I like it, but when I am done with a game, I don't have that "Just one more game" feeling. I can't put my finger on it.

Could be my addiction to Head Coach and MLB the Show is taking away from the game
Oh, I've been meaning to ask you (and not to put it out there as a challenge of any sort) where do you get your football news from? If there's a better place then I wish to know it!
Old 08-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #75
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Re: Anti-Madden reaches the media\

Quote:
Oh, I've been meaning to ask you (and not to put it out there as a challenge of any sort) where do you get your football news from? If there's a better place then I wish to know it!
Lot of places. NFL Network, TSN, GBN,KFFL, friends I have still working in the league, etc. Not really one spot.

My problem with PFT, is they are completely unreliable, and tend to throw outrageous stories and rumors out there, and hope they stick. It's site long known for this, and really in the NFL/College football forums on this site has a terrible reputation.

Anything I read from PFT, Scout.com,Rivals.com immediately has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 04:56 PM   #76
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

Quote:
I am really not. My point for both games is to put some time in with them before drawing conclusions.

Game may not be your cup of tea, just as 2k wasn't everyone's cup of tea when it launched.
I will admit that 2k is far from perfect in it's peripheries, but my annoyances with those areas don't detract from my game-playing experiences. My grievances with Madden are all in-game. As well as long standing. The things I always found objectionable about Madden are still there, all these years later. Thus, my disappointment with the series.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #77
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
I will admit that 2k is far from perfect in it's peripheries, but my annoyances with those areas don't detract from my game-playing experiences. My grievances with Madden are all in-game. As well as long standing. The things I always found objectionable about Madden are still there, all these years later. Thus, my disappointment with the series.
And you drew this conclusion with Madden 09 after 1 game?

Just as I said.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #78
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

Re: Anti-Madden reaches the media\

Quote:
Lot of places. NFL Network, TSN, GBN,KFFL, friends I have still working in the league, etc. Not really one spot.

My problem with PFT, is they are completely unreliable, and tend to throw outrageous stories and rumors out there, and hope they stick. It's site long known for this, and really in the NFL/College football forums on this site has a terrible reputation.

Anything I read from PFT, Scout.com,Rivals.com immediately has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Now, not to rebuff your assessment of PFT, but I would require specific examples before I swing my opinion, as I am yet to see any of that as a daily reader for merely the last 6 months. He does put out rumors, but says they're only rumors. He will retract those stories when he finds out better. And I'm yet to see him post anything that I did not later on hear elsewhere. I'm yet to see him discredit himself, but at the same time I'm wary of all media... but not in that Gov't conspiracy kinda-way.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #79
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

ok, Ill say what everybody else is thinking.

Do some of us as 2K5/APF fans hold ourselves as being more preceptive and discerning then madden fans? yes.

Do some of us take joyful glee in the "day 1 patch, busted AI. etc." talk? Yes.

Do some of us see the only way to be rid of the horrid exclusive NFL license is by an utter and spectacular failure on the part of madden, and in so thinking, secretly root for that to happen? Yes.

If NFL2K9 was coming out next tuesday would some of us give 1 iota if madden replaced all the players with teddy bears? or got 11's from every review site in the world? No. But it aint. So, right or wrong, Madden is going to be the target of antipathy, Its not our fault that target has been so easy to hit.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #80
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

Quote:
And you drew this conclusion with Madden 09 after 1 game?

Just as I said.
Well, as you also said, it lacked that "just one more game quality".

Which brings up the question; "How many games does it take to get to center of it all?" perhaps we should ask Mr. Owl? But all tired 80's references aside, every year the new Madden intrigues me, and every year I still have the same gripes with the game play that ultimately drove me here to these forums. Have I subjectively been unfair? I don't think so. I have built my opinion not only from my brief experiences but from the extensive experiences of other people, who all tell of the same gripes as me. So, therefor, if I and my cohorts all agree that rain is wet...........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »