Home

Aggression Ratings for most realistic gameplay

This is a discussion on Aggression Ratings for most realistic gameplay within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #9
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Aggression Ratings for most realistic gameplay

I agree about pursuit. I think it improperly manufactures ball carrier getting chased down by honestly slower and lesser stamina guys. I think that all of it should be worked out with the speed and fatigue numbers with the pursuit slider at "0" no matter what you do to your rosters.

Also, I'm still not convinced that, for example, a 75 speed for a lineman is only relative to the linemen. I think a 75 speed for a lineman is comparable to a 75 speed for a FB or TE or whatever.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #10
Rookie

airnique23's Arena

OVR: 6

Agreed. I use this website http://couchscout.com/nfteam.htm to get 40 times of every player each year and tweak their speed ratings based on their 40's; in intervals of 2:

4.28=99
4.29=99
4.30=98
4.31=98
4.32=97
4.33=97
4.34=96
4.35=96
4.36=95
4.37=95
4.38=94
4.39=94
4.40=93
4.41=93
etc......

You'd be surprised to see alot of LBs and TEs are faster than you think and there isnt one starting running back besides Adrian Peterson and LT that run over a 4.4
Old 09-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #11
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I guess for those upper tier RB's, you'd then have to adjust agility, aggression and leadership to the higher levels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #12
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Air,

do you have ratings scales for strength, agility, jumping, etc. that you wouldn't mind posting?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #13
Rookie

airnique23's Arena

@ daflyboy - agreed; along with break tackle & hold on to ball. Adrian Peterson and Brandon Jacobs have my highest BTK ratings at 90 & 86 respectively.

@ NINJA2K - I dont have any scale for those ratings. However I try to keep strength parallel to position so you wont see a RB stronger than a DT. However for certain elite individuals at their position such as TO and Brian Westbrooke, they have higher strength levels. Agility I rate based on the players style of play. For instance, Devin Hester, Reggie Bush and Roscoe Parrish have agility ratings of 99 because of their elussiveness and style of play.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #14
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by airnique23
Agreed. I use this website http://couchscout.com/nfteam.htm to get 40 times of every player each year and tweak their speed ratings based on their 40's; in intervals of 2:

4.28=99
4.29=99
4.30=98
4.31=98
4.32=97
4.33=97
4.34=96
4.35=96
4.36=95
4.37=95
4.38=94
4.39=94
4.40=93
4.41=93
etc......

You'd be surprised to see alot of LBs and TEs are faster than you think and there isnt one starting running back besides Adrian Peterson and LT that run over a 4.4
So you actually changed every player's speed in the game to meet this chart from what VC actually had it set to?

Also Joseph Addai, Willie Parker and Justin Fargas have run a 4.3 I believe.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

many of those times seem incorrect; do you know if they have been age/injury-adjusted or something? ....b/c many starting RBs have run sub-4.4 back during their pro days & the combine

ex:
--Edgerrin James ran a 4.38 at the combine & his 20 shuttle was 3.88
So, as a rookie he should have had SPD 94 & AGL 96 if you go by VisualConcepts' default speed & agillity charts

This site has him charted @ 4.58. Granted, James has lost more than a step-- many scouts called him the slowest starting RB in the NFL this summer... So, i just wonder where the veteran times came from-- it seems most of the recently drafted players are accurate from the quick once over I gave the website... but those who were drafted in the "pre-internet" era (like Edge was) have a lot of mistakes (or updates). Not saying it's bad/wrong, just curious where those times were found.

Quote:
I try to keep strength parallel to position so you wont see a RB stronger than a DT. However for certain elite individuals at their position such as TO and Brian Westbrooke, they have higher strength levels.
i have thought about doing this, as bench press/leg press obviously isnt perfect (or maybe even good) translation to someone's "play strength." But in the gym at least, many RBs have been stronger than lineman in real life; Travis Henry consistently benched the most weight on the Bills during the season I interned there & his leg press was unreal; he outlifted Takeo, Sam Adams, Pat Williams, LT Mike Williams, etc... Not saying he was stronger "on the field" (although he is a monster).

Same thing for SPD; some guys are just faster in pads logically. Example: With his trendous strength/bulk, TO is just not going to lose as much on his 40 time with pads on compared to a slender guy like Leon Hall who has great times, but "plays slower" with the drag of full gear

Last edited by puja21; 09-09-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #16
Rookie

airnique23's Arena

@ slapnutz - I do change every players speed to meet the chart with the exception of Offensive Lineman and Kickers/Punters

@ puja - to my knowledge players run a new 40 every year during their training camp or b4 the season begans and the numbers on the site reflect that. Or players that are signed from free agency run 40s for their new team, hence Brett Farves 40 time being noted on the site with the Jets. I use this formula because I want age and time to be a factor in players that have "fallin off" to be a factor and the most acturate speed ratings. Yes Edge (used to be my fav RB) ran a 4.38 in his rookie combine, but in 2008 at the age of 30, he ran a sub 4.5. Same thing with my current favorite RB Clinton Portis....He ran a 4.3 with the Broncos but since his nagging knee injury hasnt been able to break sub 4.5 ( I do see what your saying about the "on-field" speed though; I never considered that. But that would take alot of analyzing of gameplay and could become bias toward superstars with who runs their actual 40 "in-game" with pads. So I use this to keep an even playing field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »