Home

NFL 2K5 Deluxe Edition (coming soon)

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5 Deluxe Edition (coming soon) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2008, 11:56 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: NFL 2K5 Deluxe Edition (coming soon)

Oh my bad, you had questions.

1) You can have up to a million people join your own league, but the main problem would be that you can't like PLAY against them - ya dig? They have to control a team and everything is done in "Coach Mode" - this is under construction pending approval

2) Thinking about it. I want to gather around as much HCs, Coordinators, as possible.

3) previois post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 15

So basically I have to sit there and let the CPU play the games for me?
Old 11-01-2008, 12:17 AM   #43
Banned

No, you simulate the teams you are not playing as. Let me give you an example

You started your season, you're on the website. In Franchise, you selected to use every team, but you will have "1" main team that you will play as. Say you pick the Carolina Panthers, that is the team you manage and control.

The other teams are just simulated and whatever, but after simultating through 1 week, you have to upload the Franchise gamesave to the website so it can evaluate the injuries and make the proper trades and Morale updates. Then, after that, on the website, you download your GameSave and you will see that some players have been traded from the other non-controlled teams. Also on the website, there will be messages about Suspensions like say you are playing the Raiders next but Kerry Collins wasnt playing and Rich Gannon was - the website will tell you that Collins violated the league substance policy so he is benched as third string. Ya dig?
Old 11-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
No, you simulate the teams you are not playing as. Let me give you an example

You started your season, you're on the website. In Franchise, you selected to use every team, but you will have "1" main team that you will play as. Say you pick the Carolina Panthers, that is the team you manage and control.

The other teams are just simulated and whatever, but after simultating through 1 week, you have to upload the Franchise gamesave to the website so it can evaluate the injuries and make the proper trades and Morale updates. Then, after that, on the website, you download your GameSave and you will see that some players have been traded from the other non-controlled teams. Also on the website, there will be messages about Suspensions like say you are playing the Raiders next but Kerry Collins wasnt playing and Rich Gannon was - the website will tell you that Collins violated the league substance policy so he is benched as third string. Ya dig?
I think I understand now. Basically, if I select the Eagles, I'll play every game like I normally would but after each week, I upload the file for you to look over to see if players should be increased/decreased, player morale, suspensions, etc. The unique thing here is that everyone's franchise will be different from one another. In the end though, you're basically every team's GM/Owner and commisioner of the league except for the one that im controlling.

Is this correct?
Old 11-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #45
Banned

Yes, that is true. Players will progress at the end of the year as how you use them. Some dude with a 45 rating breaks the 2,000 yard record - he will be a high rating the next season - this is something 2K lacks cause well the power of the PS2 wasn't up to par. Now with current technology with the Finn Editor, I can fix that. You can 2,000 yards rushing with Rod Smart on the Panthers he wont be a 90 - he wouldnt probably progress - but with this league I am creating, he will progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2008, 12:48 AM   #46
Banned

Honestly, this sounds like a great idea for those who only play one or two games a day or so but for someone like me who can play a season in two or three days, this becomes a pain in the *** because I would have to wait for you to update the file and upload before I can continue playing.

Other than that, this is a great idea. Good luck and I hope it all works out the way you want it to.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:54 AM   #47
Banned

hey no problem. you can join up anytime - maybe you can run two seasons. this season and your own on 2K?
Old 11-01-2008, 01:27 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
hey no problem. you can join up anytime - maybe you can run two seasons. this season and your own on 2K?
Two seasons??? That's a good idea. When I finally finish my roster(s) and if I decide to do this, I will let you know bud.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »