Home

How's your Franchise going?

This is a discussion on How's your Franchise going? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2008, 02:43 AM   #9
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: How's your Franchise going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
What areas are you stronger and weaker in? Are you doing good as a quarterback? Are you doing bad as a defensive tackle?

Basically, what are your strengths and weaknesses with your franchise team?
Well, now that I'm back into the swing of things again I'm strong on offense across the board and run D and weak on pass D sort of (I give up a ton of yards but still get a lot of INTs). I'm using Puja's updated rosters (with a few CAPs) and rspencers realism sliders as a base with some tweaks (I upped CPU blocking to 40-mainly for their running game, running to 40, coverage to 40, pursuit keeps going up-currently at 25-30, tackling to 20-25, and I lowered INT's to 5). I forgot how easy this game can be once you're used to playing it again. I may have to look at using jsou (I think) edits for increased difficulty.

I have played a string of mediocre to bad teams though, so hopefully it will pick up when I play the Colts next week. Anyway, still a blast and I'm not blowing anyone out with regularity, just starting to win a lot (this includes some exhibitions too).
Old 11-19-2008, 03:31 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Rspender's sliders are definately the best, and when you tweak them they're even better. I for one tweaked the coverage for computer difficulty to 40, and his sliders are fantastic. I have yet to use Puja's rosters yet, but I hear they're great.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:35 AM   #11
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
Rspender's sliders are definately the best, and when you tweak them they're even better. I for one tweaked the coverage for computer difficulty to 40, and his sliders are fantastic. I have yet to use Puja's rosters yet, but I hear they're great.
Yeah, both are great. The only downside to the rosters is the career stats being goofy, but I understand it's a trade-off for stability issues and the like. A minor thing, considering how good the rest is. Plus, his planned addition of realistic salaries is pure dedication. top notch!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2008, 09:50 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

try messing around with the SIM QUARTER LENGTH, like put them on 3 to 4 minute quarters and see how Puja's career stats show up.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

he is talking about the existing stats for my roster.. not franchise-generated stats.

eg in most rosters, all players remaining from the default roster still have their real-life career stats attributed to them through 2004 (no way to updated/add 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007). in my roster these are all scrambled up as a biproduct of fixing some stability issues for franchise.

i honestly havent heard anyone say a thing about this besides sox who only mentioned it, but didnt necessarily care... since all career stats out there are going to be at best 4+ years outdated and counting (longer than the avg NFL career), i cant see how old stats matter at all in this game. they are fundamentally meaningless at this point
Old 11-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Currently 0-3 with my Houston Texans. Injuries are really starting to take its toll on the team, but I can't complain about how realistic it makes me think.

Unrealistically - I traded Kevin Walter, Jacques Reeves and 2nd Rd to the Titans for Chris Johnson, Cortland Finnegan, 2nd rd --- my two Rbs, Steve Slaton and Ahman Green are injured for several weeks, while my starting QB Matt Schaub is gone for 3-4 weeks.

Yeah, it's been a fun season - and I am seriously having a blast.

If anyone wants to check out the progress, I have it posted in the Dynasty HQ.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-nfl-2k5.html
Old 11-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Currently 0-3 with my Houston Texans. Injuries are really starting to take its toll on the team, but I can't complain about how realistic it makes me think.

Unrealistically - I traded Kevin Walter, Jacques Reeves and 2nd Rd to the Titans for Chris Johnson, Cortland Finnegan, 2nd rd --- my two Rbs, Steve Slaton and Ahman Green are injured for several weeks, while my starting QB Matt Schaub is gone for 3-4 weeks.

Yeah, it's been a fun season - and I am seriously having a blast.

If anyone wants to check out the progress, I have it posted in the Dynasty HQ.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-nfl-2k5.html
Wow man, that's nice. Great job on the Dynasty. I had to bookmark that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was 10-6 on a wildcard spot against the Patriots, playing as the Chargers.

The score was 21-27 Pats. Im backed up on my own 15. After 3 incomplete passes, I'm 4th and 10. 4 wideout spread, and I throw to a wide-open Legadu Naanee running a post.

WHADDAYA KNOW HE DROPS IT.

Feels like the real life 08 Chargers .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »