Home

NFL 2K5 vs Madden 2010 ,,,Who Wins ????

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5 vs Madden 2010 ,,,Who Wins ???? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NFL 2K5 vs Madden 2010 ,,,Who Wins ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
While I agree that 2K5 is superior in gameplay and presentation. There is no way that it's franchise mode tops Madden. Especially in the off-season. There is no progression, its all pre-determined. The draft logic is terrible and many other problems hamper that mode. Madden had them beat in franchise mode all the way back on Madden 2005 and beyond.
There is progression at the end of the season. Which can go two ways. Up or down. As soon as you start the Off season go to The Office (or whatever its called. Where you view your contracts and season goals) and you will see PLAYER PROGRESSION

I also agree that NFL 2K5 Has everything ever needed in a football game. Except some very piviotal stuff of course (Stadiums & Uniforms) And even though the Rosters can be updated on here I still would like Player Photos of the real guys haha. But thats something that I can live without for now.

Come check out the forums @
http://www.THLForums.com
Old 12-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

I bought 2k5 the day it came out and have been playing it till today. People complain that the rosters are old but all you have to do is spend anther 30 bucks and you will be at the same price as madden, $50. Plus I'd take gameplay over graphics any day. There is no comparison I think, but there will be always haters who want to say that it sucks. You can't make everyone happy.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:23 AM   #19
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Hey thanks for telling me to lighten up..... it really changed my whole perspective on so many things today, just can't tell you.

Listen, I really don't give a rat's *** in the grand scheme of things. So be my guest and start about 7-12 more Madden v. 2K threads. They're so insightful and informative.

BTW, I'm a guy here who has done custom roster updates, sliders, in-game rule proposals, leagues and multiple custom covers to try and enhance this community. You?
No use in even acknowledging Stingmgt. I've seen him stirring things up on other parts of OS and then saying, "Who is this guy?," "Who are you?," etc.

Madden is actually pretty solid this season, but I still find myself having more pure fun with the ESPN NFL games.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #20
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrick4life
There is progression at the end of the season. Which can go two ways. Up or down. As soon as you start the Off season go to The Office (or whatever its called. Where you view your contracts and season goals) and you will see PLAYER PROGRESSION

I also agree that NFL 2K5 Has everything ever needed in a football game. Except some very piviotal stuff of course (Stadiums & Uniforms) And even though the Rosters can be updated on here I still would like Player Photos of the real guys haha. But thats something that I can live without for now.
I'm aware there is actual "Progression". But like I said in my post it is PRE-DETERMINED which in my book, does not make it an actual feature.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #21
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

I loved 2k5 during the year it came out, and played it during my rrod (360) hiatus on my regular xbox, two years ago maybe, before I sold my 360 for a ps3 for the show. I had been playing 360 madden at that time, and after returning to 2k5, I found the game play and presentation was still superior for my play style in that of 2k5. But a game can only last so long, the technology, graphics, and outdated stadiums/uniforms were really an eye sore for me. 2k5 to me is just like mvp 05 on pc with mods. Both games are gems, but the outdated technology, graphics, etc really show their colors. I applaud those guys who are still playing 2k5, but seriously, maybe if the game wasn't called madden, you guys would give it another try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #22
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Outdated technology? Got no idea what that means. Oh, maybe you mean that miner's helmet light that shines out of the device popping out of the QB's helmet during a pass play. I see that when I watch NFL games all the time.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #23
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Gamebreaker 2001
Old 01-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #24
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Gamebreaker 2001
Finally we have a logical choice and winner!

/Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »