Home

The Time is now for 2k

This is a discussion on The Time is now for 2k within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: The Time is now for 2k

As has been said, it's pretty obvious that EA will at least try to renew the NCAA license sometime before the end of the year. 2k don't have the money to outbid them, and I doubt the NCAA are going to go down the route of a non-exclusive license.

I'd say the chances of a licensed 2k football game are <5%.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #10
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
2K has not forgotten about NFL 2K5, nor the devs that made that game. Last year's Insights for MLB 2K10 were done by a few devs that worked on NFL 2K5. Greg Thomas is still at the helm and Jeff Thomas is still there producing. I have even seen interviews for games like MLB 2K10 where they purposefully have a NFL 2K5 TO poster in the background. They hold just as much value on the title as we do.

These guys probably want to develop an NFL game as bad as we want them to. What we need to do is hold off on being sentimental and look to what can happen in the future. The priority is getting the NFL. They don't need to be begging for anything football to come their way so they can make a game (Arena, CFL etc.). Even if both the NFL and NCAA become available, the priority should be making an NFL game.

We'll see what happens when the exclusive is over.
I'm sure they've seen what BB has done. I can't imagine they couldn't do it better and with more polish.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I'm sure they've seen what BB has done. I can't imagine they couldn't do it better and with more polish.
Yeah, but BB's sales wont exactly have given 2k confidence about a non-licensed game. I think they've pretty much said that they wont make one anyway, but BB's performance isn't going to change their mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #12
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

OVR: 29

I wish they would get back into the football scene however they could manage too. But odds are it won't happen. It was not only good for the sake of competition. But it was good for our wallets too...

OS
VETS Madden League:
Vets Bowl V,VII,IX Champion (Bengals)

Old 08-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #13
MVP

As I said, I think it's possible that 2k try to get the license if EA let it expire, but it seems unlikely. If they can get it, great, but it seems doubtful as of right now.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 2

I personally feel 2ksports should explore about bring back APF series and include teams and logos from defunct USFL, XFL and possibly United Football League.. At least, the gamer would have the chance play with actual players and coaches in the game.. they should include stadiums i.e. RFK stadium, the Vet, Rca Dome, Los Angeles Colisuem, Astrodome and old Candlestick park..
Old 08-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #15
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Yeah, but BB's sales wont exactly have given 2k confidence about a non-licensed game. I think they've pretty much said that they wont make one anyway, but BB's performance isn't going to change their mind.
2K's engine has a reputation, BB's performance out of the shoot didn't help. Plus I don't think their look resonates with everyone (it seems space aged to me). Plus, people complained about the style of running of a player in 2K, but I don't see an improvement there in BB. Don't get me wrong. As soon as I find a good used price on BB, I'm gonna grab it as well as look into the good work people did to mod it. But, if 2K can somehow emulate what BB has done to allow modding and give people the ability to get online with that..... I think it's a different story. Unfortunately, we may never know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcaesar3k5
I personally feel 2ksports should explore about bring back APF series and include teams and logos from defunct USFL, XFL and possibly United Football League.. At least, the gamer would have the chance play with actual players and coaches in the game.. they should include stadiums i.e. RFK stadium, the Vet, Rca Dome, Los Angeles Colisuem, Astrodome and old Candlestick park..
That's not a bad idea, but I'd prefer to see an entirely generic APF. Keep the system and the stars, but have them all fictional and add a franchise mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
2K's engine has a reputation...

...If 2K can somehow emulate what BB has done to allow modding and give people the ability to get online with that..... I think it's a different story. Unfortunately, we may never know.
Definitely. Those things would be on the side of 2k. We'll have to wait and see if they go for the College license. If they don't then I think 2k Football is dead, full stop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »