Home

GMR gives ESPN...........

This is a discussion on GMR gives ESPN........... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2003, 07:38 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: GMR gives ESPN...........

Quote:

Graphik said:
"Unfortunatly, on the field, Sega falls short of the more immediate action, tighter controls, and more powerful on-field flexability of Madden 2004".

wtf? all of a sudden Sega gameplay is bad? I thought a lot of people thought 2K3's gameplay was better than Madden's. So it got worse? yea right...
Old 07-30-2003, 07:40 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:

SDathlete said:
Quote:

sometimes, it even looks like they're gliding. This makes the passing game most frustrating; not being able to see a receiver's final cut on a fly route can mean the difference between a TD and an incompletion....or worse

What is he talking about?

those are the words of a madden fan-boy
Old 07-30-2003, 07:41 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8

That's a first for me too. Weren't a bunch of people complaining last year that 2k3 was too hard at the pro (normal) setting? How can they say intimidated? Not hating on Madden *cough*, but whenever I needed a first down, throwing a hail mary into triple coverage seemed to do the trick. What the hell's so intimidating about that? Well, looks like another lazy review where the dude read the back of the box and gave it a grade. Boooo!
Old 07-30-2003, 07:47 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:

Sleeper said:
That's a first for me too. Weren't a bunch of people complaining last year that 2k3 was too hard at the pro (normal) setting? How can they say intimidated? Not hating on Madden *cough*, but whenever I needed a first down, throwing a hail mary into triple coverage seemed to do the trick. What the hell's so intimidating about that? Well, looks like another lazy review where the dude read the back of the box and gave it a grade. Boooo!

i agree. i was recently playing madden 03 cause i was bored. threw a hail mary into a tight zone with 4 defenders into it for Moss, and he caught it! nobody touched it but moss! it wasnt right, even if it is randy moss.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:51 PM   #21
Pro

The other thing that surprised me was how Madden has tighter controls? I haven't played ESPN yet, but the series has always been known to have tighter controls. Some people called it "lack of momentum", "stopping on a dime", whatever...I thought it was simply more responsive. Not that "steering a boat" feeling with Madden's momentum. Have to wait and see about this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 07:57 PM   #22
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Interesting review but it left out a lot of things. I don't think these guys are used to the controls for Sega's game because they were pretty tight last year. I can't see how they could drop the ball the next year.

I wish Reviewers would be more in-deph about the important aspects of the gameplay and more about franchise mode. Everybody and their momma knows what's going on with MADDEN and the owner mode yet no one seems to want to describe ESPN's franchise mode.

Oh well, BTW I think GMR is some weird techie way of saying gamer
Old 07-30-2003, 07:58 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:

playerX said:
Quote:

Sleeper said:

i agree. i was recently playing madden 03 cause i was bored. threw a hail mary into a tight zone with 4 defenders into it for Moss, and he caught it! nobody touched it but moss! it wasnt right, even if it is randy moss.

Actually Randy Moss IS the only exception to that rule. j/k
Old 07-30-2003, 08:03 PM   #24
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Some of you guys are funny. I cant believe that yall let this one guys opinion get to yall head like that. If this guy feels the things he feels about this game then thats how he feels. No reason for himto be a Madden [censored you naughty boy]. Madden and ESPn were reviewed by 2 different ppl so that might tell you that he did'nt do a comparison. I can admit that the review was short and non-informative but he pointed out some flaws that I think you guys should wanna know about. Not every reviewer will praise the game like yall do.

I swear, none of yall will be happy until you all get the review that you wanna hear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »