Home

Slightly OT: xbox and 720p

This is a discussion on Slightly OT: xbox and 720p within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 01:46 PM   #41
Rookie

ddonnelly19's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Slightly OT: xbox and 720p

OK, I just got the game and popped it in, playing it on my 46" Sony Widescreen HDTV. Although it looked good, something didn't seem right...

I had the feeling that I wasn't getting a 720p signal. I can check that by changing the aspect ratio (full, wide, stretch, etc.) If it is a 720p signal, I wouldn't be able to do it and the screen would be forced at 16:9.

I was able to switch aspect ratios, which meant I was NOT getting a 720p signal. I popped in WSB2K3, which I KNOW I can get 720p, back in just to see if somehow my settings got switched, and I was not able to change aspect ratios (i.e. the signal was 720p).

I figured I'd try to force ESPN into 720p, so I turned everything off except 720p, and I got 480i (yuck)!

So far I don't think I've seen one person (who knows a little about HDTV) get 720p to work on this. Some may THINK they're getting 720p, but if you're able to switch aspect ratios, I would bet not.

Has anybody been able to CONFIRM getting a 720p signal? I would also be that the 720p signal would have the scorebox (the little ESPN box in the corner with the scores/time) a little more towards the center of the screen than right in the corner. Those who have seen ESPN HD football games would know what I mean.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2003, 02:02 PM   #42
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5

I have a Hitachi 53" Ultra Vision HDTV, my XBOX has never looked so good, with the HDpack, as with my movies. I was was floored when i though in JSRF for the first time on the big screen. WOW.....the colors blew me away, even though most games back then did not supports HDsupport, they still looked more beautiful then ever.

I looking forward to ESPN football, my nfl2k3 looked really good on my old 27" Sharp, but i Holy crap it looks hella dope on the HD, all the games look good in HDef.

I really happy with my purchase.

here it is. I love it.

http://www.hitachi.us/tv/browse/proj...s/53fdx20b.jpg
Old 09-03-2003, 02:27 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm having the same problem. I have a Hitachi 52" widescreen, which displays 720 perfectly on every other game i own that supports it (WSB2k3, Soul Calibur 2). ESPN refuses to run in 720, and i've tried everything.

It's got to be something like "hold down all the buttons after the X-Box logo appears" or something like that. The only other thing i can think of is that Sega lied when they said 720 would be supported. This wouldn't be the first time. Correct me if i'm wrong, but Sega promised progressive scan for the US version of VF4:Evo, then renegged on it.

Please, someone let me know what the hell is happening.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:30 PM   #44
Pro

Tmac's Arena

OVR: 5

Hmm, I sure hope all this isnt true. This would be a bummer.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:37 PM   #45
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I've also read on the IGN boards that people can't get it to play in 720p. I'm don't think the game supports it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2003, 02:42 PM   #46
Rookie

Anybody have a FAQ on this stuff? In the future, when I'm looking to get a new television or what not, I'll keep these things in mind. I'm guessing the hierarchy of 'quality' and the like goes from: 480, 720, 1080?

Totally new with this whole 'HD' thing!
Old 09-03-2003, 03:04 PM   #47

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

On the back of my XBOX copy, it says 720.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:07 PM   #48
Rookie

weird. I wish I had it (damn eb won't have it until tomrorow. stupid canada) so I could slap it on the ol' front projector and see.

Surely other guys like heelfan71 and others who have sets that can do 720 could chime in.

Steve was telling me he noticed a diff with the beta compared to the demo and said the beta was running in 720. He knows what to look for since I told him so I can't imagine him being wrong with it.

Weird
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »