Home

Will 2k5 be your football game for this year?

This is a discussion on Will 2k5 be your football game for this year? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 02:13 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Will 2k5 be your football game for this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
What system you playing on? You can download someone else rosters if your on 360
Xbox 360 and yeah, I know. I transferred a 2011 roster and hmmm, deleted it after looking over the rosters. No disrespect to anyone but I have tried using other people's rosters and well, I cant because there's always something that bugs or irks me to no end. Oh well, no biggie.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Well Finally Was able to download Madden12.. Yes Great Grafics.. But the Al is broken.. Why would you run the ball 3 plays in a row from your 30 yard line instead of passing to try and get a FG to win a game..? Dumb...
also the Defense players are SuperMen at times..
Anyhow, I still will play 2k5... Still a Great Game..
Old 08-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #11
Rookie

Rostee F's Arena

OVR: 11

Will still play 2K5 this year. When we have final rosters itīs again the best Football Simulation outhere. Will probably buy Madden 12 later this year, but not for 60 bucks, eeehh!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
Rookie

fliplm0de's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll be back on 2k5... Ricksters rosters have been great for me and I am currently fixing them right now with all the hectic going on probably about 90% complete minus the rookies.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

2k5 to me has always been the only REAL NFL game since 05 buddy!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #14
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Its kinda hard to really say 2k5/2k12 will be my only football game for the year but its def number one in my house.

What I like about 2k5 is the fact that its the most edit friendly game I've ever played meaning it can pratically be edited to any year, era or place in time within reason just check out Dolphins site and you'll see almost every year of football roster edited for your favorite year except 1993 no ones edited or created a roster set just yet and Capas historic rosters are amazing.

I still play my older games from Gameday 97 among others and up they were great then and hold something special for me but none can't hold a candle to 2k5 that game is the original G.O.A.T hands down also try all the 2k series especially 2k3 and 2k4 both rated at the time 9.5 and 9.6 by GameSpot.

You really can't complain too much about certain gameplay aspects most can be toned up or down with a bit of editing if you want it arcade then edit it so if you want sim then tweak it for that to within reason.

Will 2k5 be my football game for this year? It never really left and I edit a roster every year and still take time to enjoy the others but not like 2k like the saying was then its applies now..."It will own your soul" the game is that good and of course it won't own your soul but you'll never forget it or stay away for long.

Long Live 2k Football...."It Will Own Your Soul"

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 08-15-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #15
Rookie

kromo50's Arena

OVR: 11

nFL2K12 for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 3

Yup, 2k5 is the game of choice now. Madden just comes off as childish now after all of these years. The Greg Jennings broken leg outrunning a player at full strength viral video didn't help matters either.

I do thank this community sincerely for not giving up on this game. Even though 2k5 is a 7 year old game, I look forward to getting updated rosters and popping the disc in for another season..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »