Home

This Game needs alot more On Field Polish Next year: Looonngg Rant

This is a discussion on This Game needs alot more On Field Polish Next year: Looonngg Rant within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2003, 11:59 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: This Game needs alot more On Field Polish Next year: Looonngg Rant

Quote:

Boilerbuzz said:
I hate button mashing, but I think VC may see this as a way of getting the player move involved in the game. I can certainly understand that and it would lead me to believe that they will not even consider changing it.

Just my 2 cents.

that's plain old stupid and they wonder why they're being outsold 5-1 it's not because of promotion or nothing it's just Madden is easy to pick up and play while this game has some stupid sh!t going on for it. If Madden upgrades it's graphics i'm going back to Madden next year because they don't do dumb sh!t like sega does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2003, 02:41 PM   #26
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:
Quote:

Boilerbuzz said:
I hate button mashing, but I think VC may see this as a way of getting the player move involved in the game. I can certainly understand that and it would lead me to believe that they will not even consider changing it.

Just my 2 cents.

that's plain old stupid and they wonder why they're being outsold 5-1 it's not because of promotion or nothing it's just Madden is easy to pick up and play while this game has some stupid sh!t going on for it. If Madden upgrades it's graphics i'm going back to Madden next year because they don't do dumb sh!t like sega does.

Right
Old 09-23-2003, 04:22 PM   #27
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:
Quote:

Boilerbuzz said:

Just my 2 cents.

see ya!
Old 09-23-2003, 05:29 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

PrimeTime21 said: Get rid of the tap and have one button for turbo and one button for the charge why use the l and r buttons for the juke move when you can use the right anolog stick for that the r and l should be for the stiff arm.

I disagree. I like the addition of tapping for more speed. It adds a little physical skill on the gamer's part in order to be successful in the game. Anyone can push and hold a button, but it does take a little talent and dexterity to tap a button as fast as you can to run faster. Remember the video game 'Track and Field'? Now there was a tapper's ultimate challenge!
Old 09-23-2003, 05:58 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 17

I agree with almost everything stated here....there's still a certain degree of stiffness in the onfield action and animations. They need to add a bit more follow thru momemtum on tackles, hits, and right after a play.

The way a runningbacks, especially CPU ones, will zig zag in open field is a bit annoying. I would still like to see more unique variety with stop on the dime type of runners like Clinton Portis and a pure power speed runner like Ricky Williams....they still seem to feel and play too much alike.

And as I mentioned in another post, they need to work on the dynamics of the passing game a bit more. Its still not as dynamic and as enjoyable from a fun standpoint as a game like NCAA 2004. They need to add more variety to passed ball physics and fix deep route passes so they dont just look like 50 yard bullets but not like helium filled air balloons either.

Add more variety to the reception animations....have players juggle a pass sometimes or have them bobble it up in the air while it stays live.....let players catch a tipped ball on a defelction occassionally instead of always having them simply falling to the floor.

Most of the tackle animations look great but theres still a few that dont look right at all and a few more that actually dont seem to have any follow thru momemtum. They almost have players richocheting in the opposite direction at times when they get tackled which looks very odd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »